Battlefield 1

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Battlefield 1

#1 Post by The Rookie »

So, after months of speculation it has finally been confirmed by DICE/EA that the newest instalment into the Battlefield series will indeed be heading back to the muddy trenches of the first world war.

[video]https://youtu.be/c7nRTF2SowQ[/video]

So far, we've been given a few glimpses into what this game will have on offer. These include the confirmation of WW1 style war planes, various early tanks (Some of which are supposed to be stupidly massive.), horses and sea warfare. As well as there being a higher focus on melee weapons (Such as shovels and swords) to help fit into the frenzied close quarters fighting that we'll likely see a lot of.

What do you guys think? Is this a good direction for the series, out did BF4 and Hardline leave a bad taste in your mouths?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Battlefield 1

#2 Post by minime »

I hope they pull this off well, i keep hearing from people that they want a game from either the Battlefield line or CoD line to go back to world war 1 or 2, if this goes well then i know a lot of people are gonna be very happy.

In the case of BF4 and Hardline, I stopped playing BF4 not long after release because of bugs and glitches, and Hardline just wasn't all that fun to me. :keith:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

This is infinitely more fascinating than Infinite Warfare.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Insomniac »

If for no other reason than the raw, almost wholly untrodden ground in the games industry, this does indeed interest me quite a lot. Keyword being almost, of course, but still. That said, Infinite Warfare does look interesting, if only because it looks like it at least partially breaks the CoD mold, and it'll be good to hear the CoD Kiddies cry because it's different.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#5 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

The only Battlefield game I've ever played was Battlefield 1942, and this looks hella cool. Wish I could afford it, or have something better than a toaster to run it on.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#6 Post by TinyVoices »

It's kind of trippy to call it "1". I almost thought you made the thread for the first game, before I heard the news that they're actually pulling an Xbox on us. (I realize it may be to play on the fact that it'll be WWI, but still, now you're [censored] to say "Battlefield 1... I mean the first game...")

I could never get in to the BF games, so really I don't much care for this. The name thing was just the only reason I was interested.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#7 Post by Lief »

Why would you ever call Battlefield 1942 "Battlefield 1"? I mean yeah it's kind of silly to call this one, well, one. But still.

Razmoudah
Merchant

#8 Post by Razmoudah »

Only because it was the first Battlefield title. Just like how after the release of Final Fantasy II the first became known as Final Fantasy I, even though it never had the number in the title.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by minime »

Razmoudah wrote:Only because it was the first Battlefield title. Just like how after the release of Final Fantasy II the first became known as Final Fantasy I, even though it never had the number in the title.
To be honest, i've never heard anyone refer to a game like that unless it was called [name]1, they would just say Battlefield or Final Fantasy.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by TinyVoices »

minime wrote:
Razmoudah wrote:Only because it was the first Battlefield title. Just like how after the release of Final Fantasy II the first became known as Final Fantasy I, even though it never had the number in the title.
To be honest, i've never heard anyone refer to a game like that unless it was called [name]1, they would just say Battlefield or Final Fantasy.
Among my friends we always say "Halo 1", "Left for Dead 1", "Assassin's Creed 1"... I can't think of any other notable examples, but I'm sure next Tuesday while eating pizza or something I'll immediately think of 5 good examples. :roll:

Anyhow, I feel like this Battlefield is gonna get pretty freaking hyped up. Just for it to be yet another point-and-shoot FPS game.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#11 Post by Lief »

minime wrote:
It makes sense to refer to the first of a series with "1" at the end, unless it already has a unique name/number. Like Battlefield 1942. There is no reason to not call it Battlefield 1942.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by TinyVoices »

Lief wrote:Like Battlefield 1942. There is no reason to not call it Battlefield 1942.
TBH I didn't even know BF's first game's name.

But Halo: Combat Evolved is called Halo: Combat Evolved, and a lot of people still call it Halo 1. (And Combat Evolved is 4 syllables. 1942 is 5 syllables.)

Anywho.... So who really wants to be flying around the battlefield in a WWI era blimp? (Oh, hey, wait a sec, Hindenburg was closer to WWII... Well isn't that a thing. S:P )

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#13 Post by LuckyMudman »

I'm really interested in this one, but, EA being EA, the same thing which made me stop playing BF3 will probably happen as well...

Which is a ton of full priced DLCs for a single gun and map each. It's like someone looked at The Sims and thought of it as a great, average customer friendly business model.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#14 Post by The Rookie »

LuckyMudman wrote:It's like someone looked at The Sims and thought of it as a great, average customer friendly business model.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but The Sims is also owned by EA S:P
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#15 Post by LuckyMudman »

The Rookie wrote:
LuckyMudman wrote:It's like someone looked at The Sims and thought of it as a great, average customer friendly business model.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but The Sims is also owned by EA S:P
I know, and that's exactly why I used it as an example. But still, I'm hoping it won't be the same DLC orgy as the last few.

But to be OT: I really am looking forward to a WW1 game, since I never played anything like it. (And yes, I never got around to trying Verdun)
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.