For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Razmoudah
Merchant

Re: Battlefield 1

#16 Post by Razmoudah »

Lief wrote:
minime wrote:
Razmoudah wrote:Only because it was the first Battlefield title. Just like how after the release of Final Fantasy II the first became known as Final Fantasy I, even though it never had the number in the title.
To be honest, i've never heard anyone refer to a game like that unless it was called [name]1, they would just say Battlefield or Final Fantasy.
It makes sense to refer to the first of a series with "1" at the end, unless it already has a unique name/number. Like Battlefield 1942. There is no reason to not call it Battlefield 1942.
I personally have a lot of games that are part of a series where the first entry didn't have a unique identifier, but a lot of the places where I have talked with others about them we've regularly slapped a "1" onto the first entries title. I know from personal experience that that is far more common than the opposite.

Also, I didn't know that Battlefield 1942 was the first entry into the series.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#17 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

I want this so bad, but the only things stopping me are 1. price and 2. it more than likely won't run on the toaster I call a laptop.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#18 Post by Schrodinger »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iJVTHMZ6EY[/video]

Look at the names after the matches.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#19 Post by Lief »

Schrodinger wrote:Look at the names after the matches.
Who are we supposed to be looking for?

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#20 Post by The Rookie »

Lief wrote:Who are we supposed to be looking for?
There's quiet a few recognisable names, like LevelCap and Rooster Teeth; but I think the one he's refering to is SnoopDogg at the very bottom, with a 0-11 KD S:P
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#21 Post by TinyVoices »

The Rookie wrote:
There's quiet a few recognisable names, like LevelCap and Rooster Teeth; but I think the one he's refering to is SnoopDogg at the very bottom, with a 0-11 KD S:P
RT of course, Mercmusic, Gavinfree, wildcat, (I think I know captain sparkles), game theorist, PBgamer, Seananners, (I doubt that's the real Zac Efron), whiteboy 7th street, 2 angry gamers. That's all I recognize. But holy [censored] I've never seen that many people in one game, let alone that many popular youtubers in one game.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#22 Post by Schrodinger »

TinyVoices wrote:
The Rookie wrote:
RT of course, Mercmusic, Gavinfree, wildcat, (I think I know captain sparkles), game theorist, PBgamer, Seananners, (I doubt that's the real Zac Efron), whiteboy 7th street, 2 angry gamers. That's all I recognize. But holy [censored] I've never seen that many people in one game, let alone that many popular youtubers in one game.
That is Zac Efron alright, he was spotted along with Jaime Foxx and dragged into the EA conference for a useless aside. I'll work on confirming the other names.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#23 Post by The Rookie »

Schrodinger wrote:That is Zac Efron alright, he was spotted along with Jaime Foxx and dragged into the EA conference for a useless aside. I'll work on confirming the other names.
If anyone listens to the RT podcast, Gavin Free talks about the experience he and Burnie Burns had at the event.

Apparently Snoop Dogg was smoking a joint with Wiz Khalifa and another guy in a triangle around Burnie. So by the time the game ended, Burnie was stoned from Snoop's second hand smoke.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#24 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:That is Zac Efron alright, he was spotted along with Jaime Foxx and dragged into the EA conference for a useless aside. I'll work on confirming the other names.
If anyone listens to the RT podcast, Gavin Free talks about the experience he and Burnie Burns had at the event.

Apparently Snoop Dogg was smoking a joint with Wiz Khalifa and another guy in a triangle around Burnie. So by the time the game ended, Burnie was stoned from Snoop's second hand smoke.
Sounds legit.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#25 Post by The Rookie »

Schrodinger wrote:Sounds legit.
And footage :roll:
Spoiler!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#26 Post by Envy661 »

Soo... I played the open beta (beta ends on the 8th), and I gotta say... I actually kinda enjoyed it. It's surprising because EA has had a tendency to make crap, but this actually turned out really well.

Premium, of course, will be it's downfall. It always is because of how severely it segregates it's playerbase. But let me just take one moment to enjoy this one experience from an EA game. First time in years.

The game does need more trenches though. Like, a lot more. Like, it's supposed to be a WW1 game, yet it has no trenches. That, in itself, is bizarre... Especially when combined with the beta maps' almost severe lack of proper cover...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#27 Post by The Rookie »

Ok, so I've played a fair bit of the beta now, and I've got to say it's not bad.

The game in it's current form is somehow more stable than BF4 ever was when I played that, and for a beta that's impressive.

I've had quite a bit of fun with it so far, but I think I've reached the limit where things start to get predictable and repetitive. The weapons feel dated and messy (Which is some how a good thing). Melee combat is surprising common through out different parts of the map, and at the same time it can be preferential over panicked firing. The vehicles (With the exception of the planes) don't feel too bad, some might feel a bit overpowered, but that's mostly because my teams seem to avoid them rather than use any of the dozen ways to kill them. Honestly, it's not hard to use the anti tank guns...

Also, horses are great. Every game is better for having horses in them.

Now a few gripes. The weapon system seems rather limited, and not just for beta reasons. Traditionally in Battlefield games you unlock a gun then work towards unlocking it's scopes, magazines and so on through using that weapon. In this game you can't seem to customise your weapons at all (Aside from cosmetics, which aren't available anyway), and if you want a scoped variant of your main weapon, for example, it has to be unlocked separately as a separate weapon entirely.

This is quite frustrating if you had a certain weapon you enjoyed, but preferred had a different attachment than the one they've given you. The majority of sniper rifle 'attachments', for example, can't be unlocked until you've reached level 3 in the sniper class. This is to unlock iron sights on a rifle you already have as a level zero... On top of that, leveling up classes takes an astonishing amount of time. In the 16 or so hours of play, I've only hit level 1 in Medic and Assault despite being an overall level 22 (Or around such).

Air combat has taken a massive step back from previous games in the series, but that was really to be expected. Fighters and bombers have very little to no impact on the ground war at all, and only serve as mobile spawn points. Never have I seen a bomber actually hit anything of value, and the only time I see fighters is when they come crashing into the side of cliff.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time in this game. I'm still unsure if I'll get the finished product yet, but it's looking more and more likely.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#28 Post by Schrodinger »

I don't know, this new iteration feels like it picked up some bad habits from Battlefront. Rookie's expressed much the same complaints I have and I likely won't get the full release either.

I do have one other complaint though, because Battlefield 1 shifted away from tickets and into a score system it actually hurts the medic's utility since it's easier to respawn in a safe area (but not always, as per the norm) than it is to call for a medic to potentially revive you in the line of tank fire.

Jub8Jub
Apprentice

#29 Post by Jub8Jub »

I'm really enjoying this demo right now. I love playing all of the battlefield games and I love games that are set during the world wars.

My complaints:

There's still bugs. I had my vehicle disappeared while I was driving it. I also have spawned underneath the map. Pressing start just freezes my game. I don't believe this is the beta version of the game, if it releases next month. This is a demo.

I should be able to add or remove weapon attachments. I got this rifle that I love but I hate the scope.

Tanks are OP or it's just me. I have gone multiple times 60-0. I don't think I should be able to repair from inside the tank.

Horses are OP. I have sat and burned a horse with my flamethrower for over a minute and it did not die. I know the riders are very weak, but why does the horse have more health than a jeep.

It feels like there is a lot more destruction in this game. I just hate how some buildings still have "support walls" that I can't destroy.

And why is the french DLC?

Overall it's still a battlefield game and I'm still going to buy it. Some bugs will get fixed, and OP weapons will get nerfed. It's still published by EA, and there's going to be DLC.
Schrodinger wrote:I do have one other complaint though, because Battlefield 1 shifted away from tickets and into a score system it actually hurts the medic's utility since it's easier to respawn in a safe area (but not always, as per the norm) than it is to call for a medic to potentially revive you in the line of tank fire.
I didn't even notice that the ticket system was gone at first. Someone had to point it out to me.
It does hurt the medic's utility a little, but it's still useful under the right circumstance.
Most useful thing I do as a medic is follow my squadmate around when he picks up the elite class (flamethrower, sentry, anti-tank). I watch their back, give them health, and I could revive them if they die by normal gunfire. Since they can't spawn as the class they usual wait for me to revive them.
Vanille wrote:I'm not all smiles and sunshine!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#30 Post by Schrodinger »

In the hours I've played the Beta I can tell you exactly how many times I've been revived and have revived another player. Twice revived and one revived by me. This is what happens when you deemphasize that ability and allow players to opt-out before a medic gets to them. All that does is encourage medic classes not to bother with the mechanic since nobody cares.