Planet Coaster

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Planet Coaster

#1 Post by Envy661 »

So there are two big titles coming out that will be revitalizing the Theme Park Builder genre that hasn't been touched since the early '00s.

They are:
Planet Coaster and Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

Now, you could be asking here, "Envy, if they're making a new Roller Coaster Tycoon game, why aren't you making a topic about that, as it's obviously the better title?"
Well, because it isn't, you silly silly ignorant man/woman/child you.

Frontier is developing Planet Coaster. They were responsible for creating Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Roller Coaster Tycoon World has been passed between multiple companies at this point in time and even though the game is in beta, it is featureless, buggy, and looks like hot garbage. In contrast, Planet Coaster looks already like a fully fleshed out game with a significantly larger feature set and better gameplay mechanics... In Alpha.

Yeah
Let that sink in for a moment, and we'll continue.

Planet Coaster, you can pre-order right now and get the game for $40.00 USD. OR, if you're an impatient fellow, you can gain early access to the alpha and beta for the game for $75.00 USD. These pricing models are... Honestly, exactly what I expected from Frontier because they did literally the same thing with the Horizons update for Elite Dangerous, BUT there's no denying that this will be the definitive park-building experience. There is just so very very much you can do. Here, let me show you a few videos to demonstrate, straight from the youtube page of Nerdcubed, who has adored the Roller Coaster Tycoon franchise since before I even knew it was a thing:

Here is a straight gameplay video of Planet Coaster:
Spoiler!
Here is a straight gameplay video of Roller Coaster Tycoon World:
Spoiler!
Here is a comparison video between Parkitect, Planet Coaster, and Roller Coaster Tycoon World:
Spoiler!
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!