Well, Gotta say... [Undertale Ending Discussion, MAJOR spoilers]

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Well, Gotta say... [Undertale Ending Discussion, MAJOR spoilers]

#1 Post by Ketzal »

Alright, so I know Undertale's been out for a while now. I myself only completed a "neutral" run (what I thought was a genocide run, but turns out I was doing it wrong) up until a couple hours ago where me and my brother went through and did the true ending. It felt pretty damn good finally getting through that game and seeing what it had to offer.

But jesus, at the end of the day, I just feel depressed about it.

Mainly, it has to do with Asriel and Chara. I just don't get why Toby made the decisions that he made in regards to these characters. Chara is some kind of child version of Satan and Asriel's doomed to be a soulless flower for god knows how long. I'm sorry, but what? What am I supposed to glean from this? Humanity is evil at its core? You can't save everyone?

I guess I don't understand having such a cheery path like the pacifist run where you can be a friggin saint and still have a likeable character that is just doomed for no good reason other than letting his friend die. If it was just the genocide run and the "tainted" pacifist ending and nothing else, I'd actually be okay with it. But as it stands, Undertale just sends confusing messages to me. It's like it's wanting to give me good morals about friends and the power of mercy, but what's the point if you can't give a happy ending to one of the characters that probably need it most?

I have no doubt that people will disagree with me about this, and I more than welcome your thoughts and opinions about it. But seriously, what the hell did Asriel do to get the short end of the stick like this...

HeckobA
Master

Re: Well, Gotta say... [Undertale Ending Discussion, MAJOR spoilers]

#2 Post by HeckobA »

Hey, sometimes things just don't go the way you want. A story doesn't have to have a happy ending for it to be good and, besides, this story does have an (optional) good ending. If you want more details I can send you a pm or put it in a spoiler tag in here I guess. It's all over the internet though :P
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-