Halo Online (El Dewrito)

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Would you play Eldewrito?

Yes, I would play it.
25%
Yes, I already play it.
No votes
Yes. Things like this show devs and publishers what they need to change about their practices.
50%
I don't know/It's a tough call.
No votes
No, I would not play it because it's too much effort to get into.
No votes
No, I would not play it because it's a pirated game, essentially.
25%
No, I would not play it. Things like Eldewrito are reason gaming is in such a sorry state.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Halo Online (El Dewrito)

#1 Post by Envy661 »

I could have sworn there was a topic about this... All well...

Some of you may know about this already. I know I myself have talked about it before, but with the official licensed version entering beta, I think it's a good time to talk about the game.

Halo Online is a RUSSIAN EXCLUSIVE PC-BASED Halo game.

Wait for it...

About 6 or so months ago, some guys over on reddit created a hacked english copy of the game for free called Eldewrito.
As far as hacked products go, this is one of astounding quality. They took the concept of Halo Online and have been developing it into a state reminiscent of Halo 3 for the 360. What this means is, we finally have a new Halo PC title, and it's based around the most popular Halo title to date. AND it's absolutely free.

One could argue about the integrity of a hacked game. Don't. I've poured countless hours into it myself and it runs very well. One could argue why the hell Microsoft began working on one of the most demanded PC titles of all time as a Russian exclusive 'test'. They still haven't given a yood answer. And one could ask if you'd get in trouble for playing such a title. The answer is no.

So one may ask at this point where to go in order to pick up this cracked game. Well, if you'll give me a moment, I'll come back to you with a fee links to get you started. (I'm on mobile).

https://forum.halo.click/index.php?/top ... -released/
This link should provide you with everything you need to get started.
Since development began, there have been a plethora of bugfixes and new additions. Forge is there, and if you're looking to host a server, you'll see a ton of options available at your disposal. Including enabling or disabling sprint.

Also, don't forget to tell your friends.

It looks like Eldewrito Halo Online may be getting all the official halo online maps some time in the near future. This is a big step forward since they haven't been able to port them over before. The person doing this has claimed that as long as the devs of Halo Online don't change how they label and encode the maps, all the maps should very soon be portable over to eldewrito.

The two maps being worked on right now are The Pit and Narrows, with other maps like Standoff expected after that. Standoff adds the potential for gametypes like Monster Trucks and Jenga, assuming forge objects are in place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/com ... f_imported

For anyone who may be questioning the integrity of the Eldewrito team, one needz only to go through and look up the interviews a few journalistic sites have done. The group doesn't take donations of any kind, and claim that they would gladly pay for what they're currently doing if it meant they could do it in a more legal way. They are hardcore Halo fans, and many of them are modders from the days of Halo CE. They've been waiting for a new halo on pc title as long as everyone else and they're just happy that they could do it.
There has been some disagreements between the team in the past, but development remains steady.

Obviously, you can guess Microsoft's opinions on what they're doing, with most of the controversy, as well as the fame and recognition for doing it starting after Microsoft issues a DMCA takedown notice on Github where they were originally hosting the game data.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Halo Online (El Dewrito)

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

I can verify that this game is real, good, and runs well. You don't need a good computer to run it, which is nice, but if you do, all the better. It would be nice to have a game with people from the forum sometime.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: Halo Online (El Dewrito)

#3 Post by Envy661 »

It's a great game. Just needs more players. Luckily, it's easy to host your own server. One of these days I need to get a group of friends together to dick around in some custom maps. With the huge list of forge objects the community has added, there's a lot that's possible to do. From Fat Kid to making Foundry-eque maps on the Avalanche remake.

Also, who actually voted no on this? Microsoft has given the PC platform the [censored] for years now. This is the first attempt at the community for Halo, from the still active Halo CE, bringing something that was otherwise region locked to players who have been longing for a new Halo game on PC for nearly a decade.

And it's not just a few ported assets into an illegal copy. It's a completely redesigned fan-made game using the PC Halo engine 343 has been developing. It plays significantly more like Halo 3 than Halo Online. Not to mention a vastly greater level of versatility.

This is no more 'Pirated' than a fan fiction is. It's just a different form of media. And it's absolutely free. The team working on the El Dewrito version actually turn down any donations offered to them for the project.

Here's a really informative article on the subject:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-modders-are- ... pc/#page-1
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!