Five Nights at Flora's coder needed.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Logan Furry
Citizen

Five Nights at Flora's coder needed.

#1 Post by Logan Furry »

Hello Fellow Twokinders, a man (or woman) on DeviantArt is willing to work with someone to make a Five Nights at Freddy's fan game titled "Five Nights at Flora's" he has already made some of the game in art form as a little joke. I have gotten in contact and they are willing to send art to you but you'd need to do the programing since they kinda don't know how to. I would do it however I've only recently started coding and I feel that the game needs the best people for it. So if you're willing to make a Twokinds version of the FNaF game then please inform me and I'll inform the person on DeviantArt.

To the mods, if this can't be a post and must be in a sub-group I'm sorry and I'll copy-paste this to the proper category.
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Five Nights at Flora's coder needed.

#2 Post by tony1695 »

You gotta understand, programming is not easy. People, if they are interested, are likely gonna be interested in some kind of monetary compensation.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#3 Post by The Rookie »

Instead of making a brand new game (Which is hard), you could always just make a texture pack for one of the previous games(Less hard).
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#4 Post by Nuff »

"So, uh, guys I have this idea for a game but I need someone else to do all the work"

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#5 Post by Envy661 »

Nuff wrote:"So, uh, guys I have this idea for a game but I need someone else to do all the work"

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought.
Give him the benefit of the doubt though. He could be young and naive. He might not yet realize how difficult it is to make a game, or how essential it is to have coding experience when you go into it. As well as how very few are willing to do the work for your creative idea.

To put it simply: Having a game idea is great! Welcome to the world of something literally every gamer has. The reason we're not filling the market with thousands of titles though? Not everyone wants to use your idea when they have their own, and have the skills to do their own.

It's like looking for an artist to do a webcomic. More than likely, all the good artists willing to do it don't want to because they already have their own webcomic idea they either A) can't get off the ground or B) already have rolling.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#6 Post by judah4 »

The Rookie wrote:Instead of making a brand new game (Which is hard), you could always just make a texture pack for one of the previous games(Less hard).
I recommend doing this. Modding is a great start for making games.

Logan Furry
Citizen

#7 Post by Logan Furry »

Nuff wrote:"So, uh, guys I have this idea for a game but I need someone else to do all the work"
I must say that is incorrect, I've suggested the idea, they also agree. The thing is I'm a terrible coder (I'm not gonna lie, I suck), the thing is I ask as a thing. I wish to simply have no part in it, not be credited or anything. I want to be..."support" as you could say.

Logan Furry
Citizen

#8 Post by Logan Furry »

Envy661 wrote: To put it simply: Having a game idea is great! Welcome to the world of something literally every gamer has. The reason we're not filling the market with thousands of titles though? Not everyone wants to use your idea when they have their own, and have the skills to do their own.

It's like looking for an artist to do a webcomic. More than likely, all the good artists willing to do it don't want to because they already have their own webcomic idea they either A) can't get off the ground or B) already have rolling.
Sigh, I guess that's true...

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#9 Post by Nuff »

Logan Furry wrote:
I must say that is incorrect, I've suggested the idea, they also agree. The thing is I'm a terrible coder (I'm not gonna lie, I suck), the thing is I ask as a thing. I wish to simply have no part in it, not be credited or anything. I want to be..."support" as you could say.
What you have replied with has done nothing to debunk the comment I made.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#10 Post by Envy661 »

Nuff wrote:
Logan Furry wrote:
What you have replied with has done nothing to debunk the comment I made.
It actually made it a bit worse...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11 Post by Schrodinger »

Does the world need another half-baked FnaF clone?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#12 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Schrodinger wrote:Does the world need another half-baked FnaF clone?
I think if you changed the game play up a bit so that it's not a clone but rather a mechanically different game in the same genre, then it could be pretty good.

For example, I consider One night at flumpty's to be interesting because it condensed the entire game into one single night/level. (instead of five) It also had hand drawn graphics, unique sound effects, and even a few catchy music tunes.

Although it is true that right now you're basically asking someone else to do all the work for you. There's nothing wrong with asking for help, but if anything it would actually be good practice for you to learn how to code yourself and then create this game yourself a few years from now.

Who knows? you might get so good from the practice and expirence that it could very well start your own carreer. Either way, good luck with your efforts and I will mention that I think a twokinds themed parody of fnaf would be funny to play.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Logan Furry
Citizen

#13 Post by Logan Furry »

primalcaller ergos wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Does the world need another half-baked FnaF clone?
I think if you changed the game play up a bit so that it's not a clone but rather a mechanically different game in the same genre, then it could be pretty good.

For example, I consider One night at flumpty's to be interesting because it condensed the entire game into one single night/level. (instead of five) It also had hand drawn graphics, unique sound effects, and even a few catchy music tunes.

Although it is true that right now you're basically asking someone else to do all the work for you. There's nothing wrong with asking for help, but if anything it would actually be good practice for you to learn how to code yourself and then create this game yourself a few years from now.

Who knows? you might get so good from the practice and expirence that it could very well start your own carreer. Either way, good luck with your efforts and I will mention that I think a twokinds themed parody of fnaf would be funny to play.
Thank you, as you could easily tell I kinda suck with social skills ;~;

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#14 Post by primalcaller ergos »

SperoWolf wrote: The only reason a developer void of notable artistic skill would want to make this game is if they liked TwoKinds personally
This right here is why I think it's actually a good thing to ask about something like on this very forum.

What better place is there to find a coding skilled fan that might be willing to help with this?

There is really no harm in asking, since in the off chance someone able and willing to help finds this thread then good, and if not then no harm done.

I also think it would be really nice if at some point in the future Mark made a video where the very first thing he says is

"Hey! Check it out, Im playing a game based on the comic my brother made!"
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Ketzal »

I get it that it's not cool to ask someone to do all the coding for a game idea you have without any incentive, but at the same time, how hard is it really to code a fnaf game? I'm already thinking of the framework, and I don't see it being that difficult.

Not saying that I'm going to code it or anything. I like the original games, but I'm getting a little tired of the fan games. Nice artwork though