Favorite Games/Genre

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

ChadM
Citizen
Location: In the beating and possibly rotting heart from mass imigration of Canada!

#61 Post by ChadM »

My Thoughts on this:

I llove RPGs, not to fond of MMORPGs, I love them for the make your own character and differentiate from other, but I hate them for the grinding, the builds (coughguildwars) and the runs.

The best game ever is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, if it hasen't been mentioned it should. The fact that you can do anything any time you want, any way you want and be anything you want to be, makes the game awsome. And on the PC with modding, makes it better.

FPSs are OKAY, I love single player FPSs and BF1942 for its devellopment of using Submarines, Crusiers and airplanes EFFICIANTLY in a warring enviroment. WHO WOULDENT want to dive under the sea (though its only sonar you see) and fire torpedos at enemy cruseers
or drop bombs on enemies. Halo 2 is overrated now, all H2 now is sniping and battle rifles, not enough sword action.

Platforms are the awsome. I love games where you run around and hop skip and sometimes fly around to an awsome story line

Sports Games are okay, since the Tony Hawk series is the awsomeness and DDR can be considered a Sport, since its mega active.

Blaze
Lone Wolf

#62 Post by Blaze »

I love to play MMORPG's,FPS's and Platformers.Ill also play other games but hate Boxing/Wrestling games.
The first decent MMORPG i played was Guild Wars, my favourite FPS is Halo:combat evolved for the pc and im a fan of Jak and Daxter.
The current game im playing is Shadow of the Colossus (i think it would come under adventure?)and its a short but very entertaining game :D

Kagekun Limuud
Traveler

#63 Post by Kagekun Limuud »

I like RPG's, but right now my favorite games are the Armored Core series.

Defender_16
Retired Grammar Nazi

#64 Post by Defender_16 »

Kingdom Hearts and Fable changed my mind about Action RPG's. I used to hate them after... after...

Well whatever it was, it was so horrible my brain has blocked it out. (PS2, available shortly after launch.)

Now I'm thinking we need some even better games set in that genre.

(Of course RTS games still rock even if I don't play them much any more.)

Moddex
Master

#65 Post by Moddex »

Ooo! I'm actually one of the few who has The Bouncer as well! Glad to see someone else in this world actually has a copy of it too..! :)

My favorite games have to be...

MMORPG's (Duh..!)
Cyber Fantasy (Like Star Ocean or Xenogears)
Futuistic Espionage (Like Metal Gear Solid and Perfect Dark)
Snow Boarding Games (SSX Series is teh PWNage!)
Anything from Naughty Dog Games (Jak and Daxter Series or Crash Bandicoot)

Aaaand that's about it..! >^.^<

Oblivion
Traveler

#66 Post by Oblivion »

my ten favorite games
1. kingdom hearts 2
2. kingdom hearts
3. final fantasy x
4. halo
5. final fantasy VII
6. timesplitters future perfect
7. metal arms glitch in the sytstem
8.final fantasy x-2
9. dark cloud 2
10. metal gear solid 3
i hate halo 2. :twisted: it is a rip off. yes i said halo 2 sucks. what are you going to do about whine my to death. it is basicaly the same as halo in quality lv
halo 2 has a crappy story line, same moves )besides the useless ghost hijacking and dual pistol oh and yeah why cant you dual wield swords they are not that heavy) oh sure they added 2 enemies and couple extra weapons but they didnt do much to improve on the graphics, gameplay mechanics, or bosses. oh sure theres two big woop. i killed the heretic easily. and taurus was just a pain in @$$. oh yeah and i hate sports games. if i dont want to play them in life then i dont want to pay 50 friggin dollars with what i can do with 15 bucks.

Oblivion
Traveler

#67 Post by Oblivion »

Delusional Kangaroo wrote:
Deamos wrote:007 goldeneye is, was, and will be the best shooter ever.
What Snow said.
sure, and my 9 year old brother isnt 142 pounds.

Sirver
Apprentice

#68 Post by Sirver »

igotA.D.D wrote:
Delusional Kangaroo wrote:
Deamos wrote:007 goldeneye is, was, and will be the best shooter ever.
What Snow said.
sure, and my 9 year old brother isnt 142 pounds.
You do know that makes no sense, because we don't even know your brother...
Welcome to the 21st Century, you are 10 years late.
FA

Squeekum
Citizen

#69 Post by Squeekum »

I have fallen more in love with Battlefield 2 than ever.
"everytime someone creates or passes on a chain I set a kitten on fire
is that what you want
burning kittens?"
-A friend of mine

kaid
Traveler

#70 Post by kaid »

Metroid Prime series.(FPA all the way.)

I've also started to go abck over my Sonic Mega collection...

Red62
New Citizen

#71 Post by Red62 »

Metroid's pretty good, it's just annoying if you don';t know how to kill those things though.
If there's no whining about other people, or putting people on the spot if they don't want to, then I won't complain. If you do, BACKOFF!

kaid
Traveler

#72 Post by kaid »

Scan it, and your suit tells you.

Makurayami

#73 Post by Makurayami »

Favorite games? I'm really into the story based and rpg genre. First person shooters are cool and so are racing games...I just suck at them ^^; ha ha
Favorite games would be...

Legend of Zelda (OoT, MM, and WW)
Legacy of Kain (Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 1 &2, and Defiance)
Primal
Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant
Prince of Persia (only played the first but want them all)
.Hack (Infection and Mutation)
Soul Calibur 2 & 3
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Arc the Lad (Twilight of the Spirits & End of Darkness)
Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time

....I don't think Dance Dance Revolution counts as a video game really o_o; since it's physically strenuous. I play that too though ^^;

huzzah
Afraid we are not for death is just the next great adventure!
-Renascent

Kibibit

#74 Post by Kibibit »

My heart will always belong to Strategy games, in spite of the fact that I enjoy pretty much every genre. In fact, I think one of my favorite games of all time is Starcraft, in fact, an alternate name for when Des-Row is taken (you'd be surprised), Is Gantrithor.

My favorite RPG is my favorite RPG because of its gameplay and not because of it's eye candy (It doesnt have much), and it goes by the name of Ogre Battle 64. Its few flaws, mixed with its perfectly out of the norm gameplay made it different from other RPGs "Hack and slash through here" style, or others "It worked for square" style.

And for an oddity, I hate the majority of sports games, in spite of partaking in them regularly. Exceptions are usually the more free-flowing exaggerated type like NBA street.

Zeuxis
New Citizen

#75 Post by Zeuxis »

Rome: Total War. I love strategy games, and the ancient times, so this game was perfect for me. There are some bugs, but it is overall my favorite game.