Favorite Games/Genre

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Damien Darkside
Citizen

Re: Favorite Games/Genre

#421 Post by Damien Darkside »

I love RPGs like Fallout (All of them) and TES, and I am super excited for Skyrim.

Epic storylines such as Assassin's Creed

Racing games with illegal racing such as Need For Speed Undercover

CoD BO AND Battlefield Bad company 2. I like REAL sniping, not that quickscope [censored].

Anything that gets my attention.

Keyan
Traveler

#422 Post by Keyan »

Im a child of all gaming genres, but I would say rpg's , hardcore first person shooters and a fairly good sandbox game are my top gaming platforms,
Top games for my ps3 are,
1.Dragon age origins
2.Fallout 3 (sigh wish I could say new vegas)
3.Metal gear solid 4
4.Call of duty modern warfare 2 (none of the black ops crap)
5.Dead space 2 (this is only here cause im playing it the now,)
And some times when I cant be botherd with the ps3 I step down to the ps2 and get my devil may cry, metal gear and FF on the go :mrgrin:

Excalibur
New Citizen

#423 Post by Excalibur »

Favorite Genres:
1] RPG
2] RTS
3] Adventure
4] Racing
5] Virtual Life

Favorite Games:
1] Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
2] Kingdom Hearts
3] Star Trek: Armada II (Specifically the Fleet Operations sub-version)
4] Burnout Revenge
5] Star Trek: Legacy
6] Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
7] Star Trek: Shattered Universe
8] Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (that card system thing really bugs me tho)
9] Star Trek: Conquest
10] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Don't ask... just that everyone needs relief from adrenalin ok?)
Light… Darkness… Nothingness… All are eternal. In Light, one is whole. And when out of the light, they are incomplete.
Believe it or not... I am not complete at all.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#424 Post by Sage Asuka »

YOU KNOW...it's been at least two years if not more since I posted here...I think I should be updatin' mah game list since it's been so long.

If you don't already know, I'm a total Nintendo fangirl. My systems are nes, snes, genesis, n64, gc, gba, ds, wii and ps2. And I suppose some computer stuff.

These games aren't in any order as to choose any order would take far longer than I'm willing to set aside.

1. Zelda. I am a fangirl for the games of this series. My top are MM, OoT, WW, and LttP. Although MC and PH are cute in my mind and AoL has some...interesting memories attached to it. TP just didn't make the cut for me. Had some good moments but overall not on my 'will play again' list.

2. Fire Emblem. So far I've actually enjoyed 6 the most with 8 being my least favorite. Love the Sage, Mage, and thief units. As well as bards/dancers/singers

3. Mario. What sort of Nintendo fan would I be NOT to include this? Love Super Mario 2, Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, and Mario 64. I also like Superstar Saga a bit as well as Sunshine and Galaxy but...my tastes are more old school with Mario.

4. Yoshi's Island. Otherwise known as Super Mario World 2. I LOVE this game to no end.

5. Paper Mario and Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. Those were FUN games.

6. Donkey Kong Country 2. I love DKC and kinda like DKC3 but the second one is WAY on the top of my list. I love playing this one.

7. Okami. Fun art style, fun characters, fun enemies...if you haven't played it do so now

8. Ace Attorney. I love these games.

9. Kirby 64 Crystal Shards. I just loved the little power combos in this game.

10. Pokemon. Just...pokemon...

11. Pokemon Snap. Hilariously simple but still entertaining.

12. Kingdom Hearts. It's very low on my list as it's not the BEST game I've played, but it's fun. Not a fantard of it though.

13. Final Fantasy 6. Kefka is by far my favorite game villain ever.

14. Tales of Phantasia. I love the characters in this game and it's my favorite of the Tales series.

15. Tales of Symphonia. Cliche, but enjoyable.

16. Pac-Man 2 The New Adventures...don't ask. This game is stupidly amusing. Mostly because it's unintentionally a game of 'lets see how much in this world kills Pac-Man'

17. Poyo Pop...guilty pleasure. I love puzzle games.

18. Super Mario Rpg. Fun stuff.

19. Jak and Daxter. Just picked up that title recently and it's loads of fun.

20. Sonic 1,2, and 3. As in the 2d side scrollers. Love Tails.

21. Illusion of Gaia. Even though I have yet to beat it. That game is difficult.

22. Megaman to a point.

23. Harvest Moon. Simple, cute...yup.

24. Animal Crossing. Again, simple and cute.

25. Mario Kart. Those games are fun even though I fail at them.

26. Left For Dead. I don't own this but I wish I did. I love playing it.

27. Portal...I mean it's PORTAL.

28. Perfect World. I think I just like pwning random things in there.
Image Image Image Image

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#425 Post by Lief »

Sage Asuka wrote:26. Left For Dead. I don't own this but I wish I did. I love playing it.
Wait, wut? I didn't take you for the kind of person to enjoy killing zombies. Then again, there aren't that many that don't like killing zombies. It's insanely fun.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#426 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Lief wrote:
Sage Asuka wrote:26. Left For Dead. I don't own this but I wish I did. I love playing it.
Wait, wut? I didn't take you for the kind of person to enjoy killing zombies. Then again, there aren't that many that don't like killing zombies. It's insanely fun.
me too, if by "type of person" you mean "a girl" :P

also yay, another ace attorney fan!
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Excalibur
New Citizen

#427 Post by Excalibur »

Sage Asuka wrote:1. Zelda. I am a fangirl for the games of this series. My top are MM, OoT, WW, and LttP. Although MC and PH are cute in my mind and AoL has some...interesting memories attached to it. TP just didn't make the cut for me. Had some good moments but overall not on my 'will play again' list.

5. Paper Mario and Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. Those were FUN games.

7. Okami. Fun art style, fun characters, fun enemies...if you haven't played it do so now

12. Kingdom Hearts. It's very low on my list as it's not the BEST game I've played, but it's fun. Not a fantard of it though.

13. Final Fantasy 6. Kefka is by far my favorite game villain ever.

19. Jak and Daxter. Just picked up that title recently and it's loads of fun.

20. Sonic 1,2, and 3. As in the 2d side scrollers. Love Tails.

24. Animal Crossing. Again, simple and cute.
@1: I have Zelda Orcania of Time, which I must say puts the DS Zelda games to shame. The only problem is, I wish there was more stuff you could do after beating Ganondorf.

@5: I have Thousand Year Door, in all honesty, it just got to the point where it was 'same-old-same-old' where it took me forever to level up and there was no new items to get.

@7: Question 1) What type of game is it? Question 2) What is the rating? Question 3) Is there a Japanese Import Version for PS2?

@12: You should get Kingdom Hearts II, in my opinion it really redeemed the series with a great interface system and now transformations. For the full experience, I suggest the Final Mix. I have never regretted one penny I spent on KHIIFM.

@13: Final Fantasy was a great series, have you tried Crisis Core?

@19: I had that as my first PS2 game. But now it is unplayably scratched up.

@24: Do you have City Folk? If so maybe one day you can visit my town. ^^
Light… Darkness… Nothingness… All are eternal. In Light, one is whole. And when out of the light, they are incomplete.
Believe it or not... I am not complete at all.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#428 Post by Sage Asuka »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Lief wrote:

pff, yer all sexist ; P
but in all serious, yeah, I love the game! Normally I'm not into shooters but there's just something hilariously fun about it being zombies. I've even debated cosplaying the Witch since I could technically pull it off. Disturbingly well. And really...I have YET to meet a person who didn't like L4D.
Excalibur wrote: @1: I have Zelda Orcania of Time, which I must say puts the DS Zelda games to shame. The only problem is, I wish there was more stuff you could do after beating Ganondorf.

@5: I have Thousand Year Door, in all honesty, it just got to the point where it was 'same-old-same-old' where it took me forever to level up and there was no new items to get.

@7: Question 1) What type of game is it? Question 2) What is the rating? Question 3) Is there a Japanese Import Version for PS2?

@12: You should get Kingdom Hearts II, in my opinion it really redeemed the series with a great interface system and now transformations. For the full experience, I suggest the Final Mix. I have never regretted one penny I spent on KHIIFM.

@13: Final Fantasy was a great series, have you tried Crisis Core?

@19: I had that as my first PS2 game. But now it is unplayably scratched up.

@24: Do you have City Folk? If so maybe one day you can visit my town. ^^
1. I'm easily amused. After beating Ganon I explored the glitches of the game and stared at the pretty graphics. As well as just being an idiot doing dumb things like poking at redeads.

2...or I guess 5...yeah, at the end it's grinding but that didn't make it any less fun for me. I like exploring around still.

7. Okami...in short it's like the Zelda game you've never played. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt3oOWt7 ... re=related the graphics are based off Japanese paintings and Famitsu rated it 39/40. Gamespot and all those others got it at 9/10 so yeah...good game is good. It's on the PS2 and wii. You don't have to import it unless you really want to? Just go to a gamestop and pick it up.

12. I probably will get KH2 after I finish the first one. College kinda makes it hard to be a gamer. As for the rest...we'll see. I'm not a fantard over the series. It just rates as 'fun', not something I will fangirl about for years to come like I do other games. Only getting it now cuz it's available used for cheap XD

13. Nope. That requires a PSP which I both lack and have no immediate interest in buying. I only invested in the PS2 a year ago since it was a slow game year and I figured I might as well pick up on some good classics I'd missed.

19. Shame :C

24. Yes, but I don't have net on my wii system half the time so I've never done the other town thing.
Image Image Image Image

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#429 Post by Lief »

Sage Asuka wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Lief wrote:

pff, yer all sexist ; P
Am not! That's Phoenix. Just based on your personality and stuff from reading your posts (Which I imagine like with a lot of people, is drastically different than actually talking to you.) I didn't expect you to be a fan of shooting zombies.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#430 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Lief wrote:
Sage Asuka wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Lief wrote:

pff, yer all sexist ; P
Am not! That's Phoenix. Just based on your personality and stuff from reading your posts (Which I imagine like with a lot of people, is drastically different than actually talking to you.) I didn't expect you to be a fan of shooting zombies.
I'm racist too, just so you know. :mrgreen:
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

deepunirwan

#431 Post by deepunirwan »

My favorite PC games are :-
Max Payne 2
Call of duty MW 2
Battlefield 1942
Burnout Paradise City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Call of duty world at war

vjukumar1

#432 Post by vjukumar1 »

My favorite Games list :-
super Mario
Call of duty modern warfare
burnout paradise city
Taken Three
Need for speed underground
world of warcaraft

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#433 Post by Jay-Say »

My favorite game ever, Tetris. I can play this for hours on end! Imma no life...

tyber13
Templar Master

#434 Post by tyber13 »

Jay-Say wrote:My favorite game ever, Tetris. I can play this for hours on end! Imma no life...
is it strange that the furthest i ever got was on my first try with night mode, and my score was 3280?
Weird...
Edit: damnit, i just wasted an hour of time i could have spent on my project.
[censored] !
Hi.

Brucenorris007
Traveler

#435 Post by Brucenorris007 »

Oh lord.

Genres: JRPG's, Sandbox, Action/Adventure, Platformer, Fighting.

JRPG-Paper Mario, Paper Mario TTYD.
Sandbox-Assassins Creed, Spiderman Web of Shadows, (pretty much everyone Superhero game made for the 360 console)
Action/Adventure-Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime.
Platformer-First three Sonic's plus Sonic and Knuckles, Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, Metroid Zero Mission.
Fighting-Super Smash Bros. Melee, Brawl.

There's probably more than that, but I'm too tired to remember them all.
Respect all, fear none.

Say 'no' to Isms and Antis.