Favorite Games/Genre

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Moddex
Master

#166 Post by Moddex »

Science Fiction Action/FPS, Top-Down Real Time Strategy, Real Time Environment Interaction RPGs, Ride-The-Rail Side Scroller Platform, and typically any kind of unique, innovative gaming format not categorized.

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#167 Post by Talaisan »

I like games that actually involve me doing something. I'm quite capable of grinding hours away at a computer (Dawn of War) or console (Pokemon), but I'd rather be at the table (Magic the Gathering, D&D, Werewolf) or better yet, outside (Werewolf LARP, Amtgard).
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#168 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

I'm rather fond of adventures, but shooters and fighting games do sometimes catch my...you know what, i'll make this easier.

Casual gamer. That should cover it. I rarely actually finish a game, and so far have only beaten:
Super Smash Brothers (melee and Brawl)
Resident Evil 4 (leon rocks)
Twilight Princess and Windwaker (midna's hot, and link STABBED GANNON IN THE HEAD.)
Some incredibles thing (pitifully easy)
Starfox:Assualt (the first level is by far the best)

Do have two good magic decks, and do some forum Rping, but haven't found a tabletop group in my area yet.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#169 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Speaking of Starfox...
Assault was good, I just wish the multiplayer was too. 64 was amazing as well. That had great multiplayer.

Also: am I the only person who actually liked StarFox Adventures? Because the only time I see it being discussed is when people are bashing on it.

No, it was not because of Krystal.

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

#170 Post by Bane Dragon »

Arachnion Made Manifest wrote:I'm rather fond of adventures, but shooters and fighting games do sometimes catch my...you know what, i'll make this easier.

Casual gamer. That should cover it. I rarely actually finish a game, and so far have only beaten:
Super Smash Brothers (melee and Brawl)
Resident Evil 4 (leon rocks)
Twilight Princess and Windwaker (midna's hot, and link STABBED GANNON IN THE HEAD.)
Some incredibles thing (pitifully easy)
Starfox:Assualt (the first level is by far the best)

Do have two good magic decks, and do some forum Rping, but haven't found a tabletop group in my area yet.
Rise of the Underminer....God I hated how easy it was. (If that's the one you're talking about)

My favorites (if it isn't already stated on here) are rpg's and fighters (Especially any one that allows custom characters). I dislike 1st person shooters, and every once in a while play a 3rd person.
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o

Templar Inner Circle

#171 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

I was rather fond of the multiplayer for Assualt. especially the unlockable weapon that fires the "Rainbow of death."

a friend and I screwed around a lot with the multiplayer.

Yes, rise of the underminer was incredibly easy. But it was the first game I ever played, so it was a good intro. A friend developed a box obsession in videogames because of it.
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#172 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Arachnion Made Manifest wrote:I was rather fond of the multiplayer for Assualt. especially the unlockable weapon that fires the "Rainbow of death."
That giant barrel that shot out the enormous blast-radius firework display!?
I LOVED THAT!

Templar Inner Circle

#173 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

YES.

We stuck it to the wing of an arwing once. It rains down on where it was placed. When we tried it indoors, the results were more...interesting.

Also stuck guided missiles to the wings of an arwing once. Don't fly above me.

*BOOM*
Iwaku

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#174 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Let's see... I think once, my brother and I tried to get onto the top of the tallest building in Corneria (if that was the level with the monorail bridges and the like; it's been a while) and launch it from there. NO ESCAPE!

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#175 Post by Tuna »

FoobyKamikaze wrote: Also: am I the only person who actually liked StarFox Adventures? Because the only time I see it being discussed is when people are bashing on it.

No, it was not because of Krystal.
I did! (Actually need to go back and finish that last stage - it's ridiculous!)

...and I'm willing to admit it's mostly because of Krystal...
X3

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#176 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

I really loved SFA for (among other things) the music.

Holy crap, it has such an amazing soundtrack. O_O I loved it so much... I really need to talk to my friend to see if I can borrow it from him again. I need to play it! DX

I also need to find the soundtrack now >.>

Krystal had such a tiny role, I can't really say I liked SFA because of her =\

Living Mech
Traveler

woot star fox

#177 Post by Living Mech »

On the subject of star fox, who else here "hates" slippy?
i have a snes emulator with over 1000 games, 925 of which are sport games...stupid nintendo...but i dont have star fox,wait is it even on snes? or am i mixing it up with somthing else...

Drisk Kayne
Grand Templar

#178 Post by Drisk Kayne »

I have become massively addicted to Disgaea. Whenever an upgraded version of a class appears, BAM! I reincarnate and spend the rest of the day getting that characters level back up to snuff. I've begun using phrases like "prinny dood" more often than "hi". In short... this is my new favorite game... I'm even considering getting a PS3 just for Disgaea 3.
"Free will is an illusion, and everyone is going to do what they are going to do. This is because before they do it, they're going to have done it, and afterwards they've already done it."

"So it goes."

shirosaki666
Master

Re: Favorite Games/Genre

#179 Post by shirosaki666 »

Personally I like pretty much any game. Except those band games. (GH, RB, Etc.)

Starfox is seriously fun..but on the subject of Slippy..who annoyed the hell out of me..

Did you know..

It's from a certain video poking fun at SSBB. I'm to lazy to put a link to it here...so here's just the picture.
I used to have a signature but that host was lost years ago, so now I have this. Better than an arrow to the knee.

Bobdaninjer
Citizen

Re: Favorite Games/Genre

#180 Post by Bobdaninjer »

I will play any game on the market besides sports games. I usually play more first person shooters, but i play them all. My current range of games that i play on a regular basis are rather small, consisting of just first person shooters, and Warhammer online.

Counter-strike: Source is, and will forever be my favorite multiplayer shooter. Very likely just due to the fact that i am good at it :grin:.