Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

#1 Post by The Rookie »

So here's this year's AC trailer, rather pretty as always.
[video]https://youtu.be/HFFcXwIBMPc[/video]

This time we're in 1850's London, enjoying the heights of the Industrial age.
I'm quite interested in this game's character Jacob Frye, an assassin living the life of respectable crime boss. Might be a rather interesting setting. Hopefully they learnt from last year's Unity.

Oh, and I'm in no way swayed by the fact that his gang/syndicate are called the "Rooks" :roll:

Edit: Annnnd I've put this in the wrong place... Sorry guys..
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

#2 Post by Vintage »

(I'm going to move this thread to the gaming board soon, so I'll post here anyway)

As expected, the trailer looks great. 8 FPS here. I. COME! I sincerely hope they fixed the major issues with Unity because Syndicate is looking up to be more graphically detailed than it's predecessor. Not to say this a bad thing, it's just that Ubi seems to be favoring high-end PC's these days. The setting is very intriguing; the industrial era should provide a good amount of eye candy and places to hide. The trailer they showed a while back first introduced the same rope-grappling-hook-thingy, and while we're getting more and more unrealistic as the series moves on, it still is a pretty cool concept. He would have ripped his arm off there, though...

The one, crucial factor that ruined Unity for me the the storyline. The story builds up to a crescendo and...fails horribly at the end.
Spoiler!
I swear the end of Unity basically said "Well, thanks for playing. The Templar will neeeever look down there in those catacombs. Sorry you were so useless to us, but we'll call you back when there's something interesting.
They didn't even bother trying to connect it to the modern storyline as well!
They better not make Syndicate a waste of time and money. They have so much potential with this setting, and the way they've introduced the characters was perfect; not all assassins started out "good" per se.

You can tell I'm a huge Assassin's Creed fan.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

HugMePlz
Apprentice

Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

#3 Post by HugMePlz »

Wrong forum m8

i lurk