Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Overwatch

#76 Post by TinyVoices »

Lief wrote:I'll just leave this here...
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSnXqyj ... u.be[video]
I don't even play this game, but this made me laugh for a solid minute.

Thank you. :squirrel:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#77 Post by Schrodinger »

SperoWolf wrote:So, I was apparently very misinformed by a certain tiger after buying the game, because Reaper is the sixth highest-tiered Hero in all of Overwatch, by the tier chart. All this time I thought no one agreed with me on Reaper, but he's officially ranked very high

I trusted you

You mean the shotgun wielding flanker that can cause havoc in close quarters and excels at picking off support characters and some tanks is high tier? Say it ain't soooooo.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

midnightblink
Council Member

#78 Post by midnightblink »

SperoWolf wrote:So, I was apparently very misinformed by a certain tiger after buying the game, because Reaper is the sixth highest-tiered Hero in all of Overwatch, by the tier chart. All this time I thought no one agreed with me on Reaper, but he's officially ranked very high

I trusted you

I trusted myself xD I've been watching pro play a pretty good amount recently, and I haven't seen Reaper much, must have just been watching the wrong games
Primum Non Nocere

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#79 Post by Ryusen »

Sometimes, I like to think that I've gotten better at playing Overwatch. Which is surprising, as I'm actually pretty terrible at games. And then I go and see something like this, and realize just how wide that gap really is.

And I don't really like the idea of ranking heroes in tiers. While some may be tuned slightly higher than others (I'm looking at you, Widowmaker), we don't need to be pushing out this idea that some heroes are "better" than another. I can see a new player loading up some sort of MLGPro top 10 list, seeing someone like Reaper or Genji as #1, then deciding that will be their main. All the while ignoring the hero-switching mechanics of overwatch because their favorite youtuber says such-and-such character is the best.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#80 Post by Myperson54 »

Ryusen wrote:Tier lists comment
Agreed. Each hero serves a distinct role and has a part to play in team composition. Ranking heroes on a tier list at all, especially individually, misses the point of how Overwatch functions as a game.

You can do it in fighting games, where you're only playing one-on-one. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, and their good and bad matchups. E.g. in Smash, Marth has a large disjoint and rewards good spacing. He has weaknesses, but has more favourable matchups than most other characters.

Overwatch relies on team play and character switching. Holding characters with radically different roles to the same standards, and treating them as individual units, is no proper way to measure their strength.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#81 Post by Ketzal »

Haven't played this game yet, still want to, found an interesting video about it comparing it to Battleborn that I thought might be relevant for the thread:

le video

Also, Lucio's totally gonna be my main. I don't need to play the game to know how much I'm gonna love him :D

EDIT: thanks Escapist website for linking to some crappy ad vid instead of the vid I specifically tried to copy the link of. Fixed now. Stupid [censored] site...

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#82 Post by Envy661 »

SperoWolf wrote:https://gifsound.com/?gfycat=ScrawnyCar ... sXrPvM&s=8

Every [censored] time.

It's first come first serve. If someone clocks in as a sniper before you, you have to play something else. If two people clock as offense first, you can't choose offense. Etc. Nothing's more infuriating than when someone's slow to the draw and goes "Welp, we could all lose or you can give me what I want and don't deserve". That's how you know someone's a [censored] player.

If I had a dime for every time I was forced to switch to Widowmaker, Reinhardt, Bastion, or Mercy because some idiot chose Tracer when we already had a Reaper/Soldier I'd have at least ten bucks.
A plus about Soldier 76 though is he can heal. This is why a team of just Solider 76s work... Way too well. (I'm not talking about the weekly playlist this week either).
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

midnightblink
Council Member

#83 Post by midnightblink »

Nerf hammer has been dropped on McCree and Widowmaker.

Widowmaker now does a max of 120 damage per shot form 150 (so indirect Zenyatta buff), but to offset this, she now does 2.5x damage on head shots, keeping her max head shot damage at 300. This means that to play Widow effectively now, you have to land those head shots. They also made it so you have to go through the full animation of scoping down before you can scope again, so you can't so quickly jump in and out of sniper mode.

McCree received a MASSIVE nerf to his fan the hammer damage, going from 70 damage per shot (the same as his left-click), to 45 damage per shot. This means he can do a total of 270 damage per clip (not counting head shots) if he lands every shot, meaning a total of 540 damage with his fan-roll-fan combo. They also made it so the reload delay after fanning the hammer is .3 seconds from .7, so it's still viable. Now Reaper can keep his place as tank-buster, and McCree can take his rightful place as the flank killer
Primum Non Nocere

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#84 Post by Envy661 »

So yesterday I decided to give two heroes I don't normally play as a shot: D.Va and Widowmaker. I tried Widowmaker out in the firing range first, but overall, with both.... They're not bad. D.Va really need a damage boost in mech mode, and maybe a sprint on foot, but other than that, she's a really versitile tank hero who can prove to be a huge annoyance to the enemy team when you flank with her. Not to mention her pistol when zero suit is OP as balls, even if she herself isn't in that form.

Widowmaker is honestly..... I tried learning Hanzo first, and I may stick with Hanzo. Widowmaker is far from bad, and I think overall has more potential than Hanzo, but her ult is weak and she is just super squishy when spotted. I've been outsniped and have outsniped widowmaker with Mei's ice spike.

I guess I should also say I tried Reinhardt. I didn't even use his usual 'shield is everything' strategy. Reinhardt is a really good team support character with his charge and shield, bit his other abilities and even basic attack feel so.... Weak... But I guess that's the point.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#85 Post by Envy661 »

I will always be Soldier 76 on offense, used to be Bastion but now play Mei as defense, am really preferring D.Va for tank, even if I don't really play her like one yet, and still really want to learn Zenyatta for support, but I legit suck with him and may try *cringes* Lucio....
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#86 Post by The Rookie »

So far my two go twos if I really want to win a game have been Road Hog and Zarya.

Road Hog: Lot's of health, lots of damage, landing your hook essentially means most squishies are dead on arrival, and his potential to get people out of capture zones is amazing.

Zarya: Her personal shield tanks a surpisng amount of damage, landing your E on an ally can save their life, her ult goes with literally everything, and the best part is the more damage you absorb the more damage you do. If I recall correctly, if you get 100% charge Zarya you have the highest DPS in the game.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#87 Post by foxlord »

midnightblink wrote:Just wanted to share my Battle.net code in case anyone wanted to play together: #17851 :mrgreen:
What comes before the #17851 :P midnightblink, or something else?
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

midnightblink
Council Member

#88 Post by midnightblink »

foxlord wrote:
midnightblink wrote:Just wanted to share my Battle.net code in case anyone wanted to play together: #17851 :mrgreen:
What comes before the #17851 :P midnightblink, or something else?
Lol, yeah, wrote that when I didn't know anything about how to use battle.net. Username is NightKnight (my name was taken and I pressed the random name generation button, that name came up, and it seemed too coincidentally similar to my regular name for me to pass up)
Primum Non Nocere

midnightblink
Council Member

#89 Post by midnightblink »

SperoWolf wrote:My main list is now:

McCree, Reaper, Bastion, Hanzo, Zarya and Mercy. I play all of them pretty equally, except Bastion. Poor robot bb gets no love from me unless the enemy objective is literally right on our doorstep
Spero, referring to my McCree recommendation wrote:I know. Still doesn't mean I'm gonna use some other lame character :p
Just going to put this here :p
Primum Non Nocere

midnightblink
Council Member

#90 Post by midnightblink »

SperoWolf wrote:
midnightblink wrote:Just going to put this here :p
Well duh :p Everyone's opinions should change as they move from nub to 3pro, and I'm more proud of the fact that my opinions are always expanding than anything. But Cree's still not my favorite. I find Reaper's versatility to work best on the two offense missions and objective capturing. McCree does really excel at the two defense missions, though. As Reaps gets behind the enemy defensive line and [censored] up their [censored] (and has tons of support skills built into him), he can thrive in hot environments and actually does best in them. But without the support skills, Cree kinda gets blown over even an inch away from the enemy defense. But, his crazy fast damage and stun move do wonders when he's playing defensively. Plus, his high noon is super hard to hit on a scattered group of defenders either running around or hiding around the objective a few inches from cover. His ult can only really work from behind the enemies, and again: Cree + defensive line = dead cowboy. But, Cree + there is no line = cowboy behind a ton of unsuspecting enemies.
Haha, I was more pointing out the fact that my recommendation was a good one, rather than saying "lol, wut? You can't change opinions". But yeah, I agree that Reaper is a better flanker, that's kind of his whole thing :mrgreen:
Primum Non Nocere