Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Overwatch

#91 Post by TinyVoices »

Lol, bootlegs.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZJeisfRrdY[/video]

Some real quality work re-skinning all that. They even got Widowmaker's identical twin sister in there. :roll:

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#92 Post by Nuff »

Sounds like you leave quite a lot for someone who isn't a leaver.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#93 Post by Nuff »

SperoWolf wrote:
Nuff wrote:Sounds like you leave quite a lot for someone who isn't a leaver.
Sounds like you don't read quite a lot for someone who writes snarky replies :keith: As I said in my last post, I can't say I've left more than five games, and I'm past level fifty. I've now earned it twice just from leaving on the wrong screen and not thinking either counted (being "prepare your defenses!" and "Welcome to _______ map!"). I wish I was a leaver, it'd be nice to not have to go down with the ship for a painful ten minutes every other lobby. Save Mercy, I don't think I've ever gone negative, so it's agonizing to be held down so often.

OT: Mei is awesome, and I've been playing her a lot lately. I think my best Heroes are Mercy, Mei, Zarya, and McCree. Every character in the game seems really great except Trojborn and Zenyata. Troj just because I hate doing nothing for my gameplay and Zen because he's too offensive to be a practical support. Sure, he's alright in combat but that's not why you play support. I'd probably like Zen more if the Zen players saved their ults till a tight spot and actually saved lives with them, or actually focused on using their harmony orbs rather than fighting and getting their [censored] kicked 24/7. And even if there were more good Zen players, I don't see the use behind a much crappier version of Mercy that can fail at fighting slightly less.
Oh I can read just fine. Your previous post you claim to have left on 4-5 games in 50 levels but then the rest of the post makes it seem that you leave multi times, 3 (?) times to avoid the [censored] stack. Then you say you do it a few more times so however many that is. Last one you left because others left, if the game was ongoing then you know to expect penalty, likelihood is it wouldn't have taken long for leavers to be replaced it rarely does. I understand that is frustrating when you end up out numbered but such is life.

I think it's likely that if you constantly leave within a short period, as you appeared to, even in the allowed leave time that you would get flagged. Probably to avoid match making abuse in the upcoming ranked mode if they use the same punishment system.

Zen is strong in certain situations but extremely fragile with his crap HP and no movement ability. Discord orb allows your team to [censored] on tanks and his ultimate makes rushing those turrets much easier, also allows you to tank through Mei ult and hanzos too. He is often my go to support

midnightblink
Council Member

#94 Post by midnightblink »

Imma do a little short rant about Zenyatta, because when the game was first announced, I latched on to him from the very first trailer. I loved his art style, his move set, his playstyle as a backline support that's able to do damage while assisting the team, but while I still love playing him, I'm not able to do it very often because he's just not that viable and very niche.

It wasn't always like that, in beta, there was something called the "god comp" that was basically the entire meta, where you would have 2 Zenyattas and 2 flanking characters (usually 2 Genjis, also 2 tanks to actually, you know, push, but the 2 Zens and 2 Genjis were the most important part). This worked because both his orbs use to stay with the target until they died or Zenyatta switched targets. I do understand the necessity of taking away that functionality, since making a flanker THAT much more survivable with no risk to the healer was too strong, and basically having constant vision on your discord target is invaluable to catch key targets, but making you have to have line of sight to who you're healing often leads to you being an open target with your measly 150 health pool (I'll get to that later), and often the amount of healing you actually do is not worth the risk.

Compare his healing to the other supports (besides Symmetra, who should be classed as a defensive), and he just doesn't compare. Lucio does about half the healing Zenyatta does, but because his is an AOE, he can heal 6 people at once (including himself) and effectively do 3x the healing, and 6x during the two seconds Amp It Up is active. Partner this with Lucio's ability to still do damage, his greater utility and escapability from his speed boost and wall ride, and Lucio is a more effective support over all. Mercy heals about twice as much as Zenyatta, and her mobility is possibly one of the best in the game, next to Genji and Pharah (it IS dependent on your team mates, but being able to dash large omnidirectional distances every three seconds is still amazing mobility, no matter how limited it is). Yes, she's not able to do DIRECT damage to enemies, but her damage boost allows her to contribute to effective damage almost to the same degree as Lucio, when able to find the correct target to damage boost. Zenyatta's healing in comparison to these two feels almost negligible, and is often only useful in keeping people topped up AFTER a fight, and doesn't really assist in survivability DURING a fight.

He is also the most fragile hero in the game, being saddled with Tracer's health without the survivability that comes from her mobility. With the fact that he has to be within line of sight to heal an ally, he often has to ALSO be in line of sight of the enemy, which is also supported by the fact that he has to actually do damage to be an effective character, since his healing is subpar, and this health pool is a gigantic hinderance to that playstyle. Some would argue that having 100 health as shields justifies this, but I see it as quite the opposite. The thing is, while the other healers might also be in the thick of it for some fights, they have a way to heal themselves similarly to Zenyatta's shields, without having a 150 health pool, since Lucio's aura healing applies to himself, and Mercy's healing passive basically makes her entire health shields. Couple this with his lack of survivability with no mobility like the other healers, and it just doesn't make sense that he has 150 health and they have 200.

Zenyatta is still a lot of fun to play, but he DEFINITELY needs to be tweaked to become viable. I think they should give him 50 more health (as shields), and possibly bring up his healing over time, although that might make him too much of a healer for how much damage he does. What do y'all think? Do you think he's fine where he is? Does he need a buff, or do you think he's OP and should be bought down to 100 health so Widowmaker can one shot him again :P
Primum Non Nocere

foxlord
Elder foxy

#95 Post by foxlord »

I feel Zenyatta needs a boost, yeah. He's wayyyy too squishy imo.

Also, blink, I added ya on bnet :D

AshinShugar#1435

Also, that zen that was killed wasn't our zen, but the previous leader of his religion.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#96 Post by Him »

Watching pro teams and Youtubers play Overwatch is quite boring to me, so I never wanted to get the game. But actually watching someone play it before a MTG tournament made me want Overwatch. So then of course I got it. Since I only just bought it yesterday I'm still trying to pick it up. My favorite character to play is Mercy.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#97 Post by Nuff »

Buff Zen by increasing his movement. You can then use this to dodge like a crazy person and will mean you still need to be decent to stay alive with him. Buffing all supports tot he same HP is just a bit silly, having them have different aspects to them is what makes them interesting otherwise it's gonna end up with LoL balancing

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#98 Post by Ryusen »

One of the better Zenyatta ideas I've heard involves reworking the way his orbs work. He's all about the "balance" ideas - it's all over his catchphrases. What if, when he was actively using both his Orb of Harmony and Orb of Discord, he entered a so-called Balanced State. In this state, he may have increased movement speed, additional escape mechanisms, improved armor, etc. Not only would this play to his character itself, but also encourage players to actively use his entire toolkit to increase their survivability.

Blizz announced they were considering reworking the character, and recent competitive tournaments really lend a sense of urgency. In a recent tournament, he was the only character that was chosen 0 times. Each other hero, especially Mercy and Lucio, are chosen in most every round. But Zenyatta is objectively bad at his roll, and can be outplayed by any competent player. The question is not "will he be changed?", rather "how will they change him?". The nerf to Widowmaker was a band-aid, but now they have time to sit back and do a proper redesign. I wonder where that will lead?
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#99 Post by foxlord »

I hope Zen is reworked, he's too slow and squishy a lot of the time. I've done well sometimes with him, but it has to be certain situations.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#100 Post by Ryusen »

SperoWolf wrote:Jfc, a ONE THIRD damage nerf on a character that Blizzard even admits is perfectly balanced.
If he's receiving a substantial nerf, doesn't that imply he is not balanced? The difference between a KB+M and controller may actually be enough to justify it. But don't take my word for it, let's look at some hard numbers:

On PC, Torbjorn is picked in 40.73% of matches. Of those, he wins 59.86% of his matches. Source

On PSN, Torbjorn is picked in 62.24% of matches. Of those, he wins 69.39% of his matches. Source

On Xbox, Torbjorn is picked in 61.45% of matches. Of those, he wins 68.70% of his matches. Source

So if he is so well balanced, then why is he picked over 50% more often on console than on PC? And why does he win consistently 15% more matches on console than on PC? Why is his K:D 11% higher on consoles as well? Is there a reason a single character should have a win rate over 50% - 60% - 70%? Shouldn't we strive to have heroes average out closer to 50?

We see that heroes that require more precise aiming (McCree, Widowmaker, Genji, etc) tend to have less success on console due to the inferior nature of a controller. These same characters are also the main counters to Torbjorn, at least on PC, as they require fast twitch movements and aiming. This is further compounded by it being more difficult to communicate on console, with not everyone having a mic, and access to a keyboard is not really a good option. While he is far from invincible, there are a number of factors that contribute to him being objectively overpowered for the console users.

And he's far from friendly on PC; I would like to see a nerf coming to that platform as well, though a straight damage nerf would not solve the underlying issue of how quickly his turrets lock on, their impeccable aim, and their rebuild time (but it is also least likely to break the game). I don't believe Blizz has turrets figured out yet, and we won't get to that point in the near future. But you can objectively look at how Torbjorn has been played over the past month, and obviously there is an issue that needs to be resolved.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#101 Post by Him »

SperoWolf wrote:Mercy's gotta be one of my favorites, too. What platform did you get it for?
I have it for PC. I prefer PC gaming nowadays.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#102 Post by Nuff »

Lol you play on console? You poor [censored].

And onto the swede and his nerfs. Blizz said they would balance the console and the PC game differently and they'll balance it around what stats they have and as Ryu showed there is a large difference between the swede on console and on PC. It probably has a large amount to do with the mouse aim vs the gamepad aim and besides Symmetra is the only class they gets to shoot you and deal damage without even aiming, cuz turrets.

Basically he got nerfed because people playing the game on console are [censored], but they are the ones who are playing it and they are the ones who Blizz will pander to because they are the ones they want to keep playing the game.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#103 Post by Nuff »

Gamers are [censored] no matter what platform they are on, it's not exclusively a PC or console thing. Do yourself a favour Spero, if you want to take Overwatch serious, get it on pc, clan up and play some amateur leagues. That's how you play a competitive game properly, I'd be doing so myself if I wasn't busy playing leagues in Dota 2 (ain't got enough time to dedicate to both games in that fashion)

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#104 Post by anonfox123 »

New sniper support is out! Someone thought dead isn't really dead! And is someone's mom!
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

midnightblink
Council Member

#105 Post by midnightblink »

Here's all the new support's abilities ^^ (also, this is all on PTR, so it's not definite that all the changes I'm going to talk about will reach live)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcCGKrYgr0k[/video]

She seems like a fun character, although I am NOT excited for when someone picks her and the rest of the team decides they don't need another healer :roll: Her grenade seems like a really useful ability as a counter to a lot of things, like Roadhog heal or Zenyatta Transcendence. I've seen some videos though, and her ult seems a liiiitle ridiculous with Reaper ult and S:76 ult. Her sleeping dart also seems like it will be really useful against flankers, the first thing I thought of when I heard about it was this scenario:

Genji- "There's that support sniper, better take her out quickly. RYUJIN NO KEN WO KURAE!"

Ana- "Nope" *sleeping dart*

Genji (while asleep)- (Damn, wasted my ultimate, well, I'll just dash out of here whenever they damage me or when this wears off)

Genji- (...Wait, what's that sound?)

Symmetra (charging orb)- "Welcome to my reality, motherf****r"

Also, HORRAY Zenyatta buffs! Giving him that 50 extra shields, and making his ult more powerful by going from 200 h/s to 300 h/s, and giving him 2x movement speed for the duration.

D.va also got a buff on both her defense matrix and ultimate. Her defense matrix now works similar to Pharah's jetpack, albeit with a one second cd between activations. Her ult no longer kills her, and explodes in 3 seconds instead of 4.

McCree was buffed buy giving his gun extra range before the damage fall off, but the damage fall off is much quicker. This basically makes it so he's better at mid range damage, now being on par with S:76

Mercy also received buffs... for some reason. Her damage amp went from 30% to 50% (where she was in beta) and she is no longer rooted when she resurrects. I suspect the damage amp buff will go down, because McCree can one shot head shot the 200 health heroes with Mercy buff

Also bug fix to S:76, but nothing that effects 99.99% of games
Primum Non Nocere