Overwatch

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

midnightblink
Council Member

Overwatch

#1 Post by midnightblink »

Ok, I noticed no one has created a topic for this, so I decided to make one.

WHO ELSE IS EXCITED FOR BLIZZARDS NEW IP

It kind of looks like Team Fortress 2 had a baby with a MOBA, and it came out with a Blizzard-esque art style. What I mean by that is it has a similar class-based combat of TF2, with similar game modes like control point capture and payload, but the characters are almost like MOBA characters, with backstory and different abilities and ultimates, all in a cartoon-ish and colorful design

I've already watched all the gameplay previews that have come out, and I think my main will be either Zenyatta or Symetra. Both are very supporty characters, and that's what I like best. I would say Mercy since I enjoyed medic the most in TF2, but she seems to have less of an impact than the medic. I guess she kind of has to since her ultimate resurrects anyone who died recenty. Of course Tracer just seems like so much fun, so I'll probably play her a lot too.
Primum Non Nocere

midnightblink
Council Member

Re: Overwatch

#2 Post by midnightblink »

Now that this video came out, I really want to play Zarya
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Jzt0HGixY[/video]
Primum Non Nocere

Bobcrash
Traveler

#3 Post by Bobcrash »

Dude, I can't wait to play over watch.I'm in love with shooters like TF2 or Dirty bomb. I can't wait to get right into the action.

I gotta say that I'd play Torbjorn or Bastion as my main.

The graphic style is neat and the combat looks fun, count me in!
I dunno.. apples? :squirrel:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#4 Post by Schrodinger »

If TF2 and DOTA2 had a baby. I'm quite intrigued by this little gem.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#5 Post by The Rookie »

This actually looks amazing. I'm surprised by just how many classes there are to play with.

If I had to choose any characters to start off with, it would be a toss up between Bastion, McCree and Mercy.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Bobcrash
Traveler

#6 Post by Bobcrash »

Have you guys signed up for the beta yet? If you haven't, go to the over watch site then sign up for beta.

But this game is going to be a Gem, I'm sure about that.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#7 Post by The Rookie »

Bobcrash wrote:Have you guys signed up for the beta yet? If you haven't, go to the over watch site then sign up for beta.
I would but there's no way my PC could run it.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#8 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Heck yeah! IM gonna like this game a lot!

Reindhart all the way! (because being a tank juggernaut is awesome)
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Bobcrash
Traveler

#9 Post by Bobcrash »

primalcaller ergos wrote:
Tanks are always fun to play, any other characters you looking forward to try out?

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#10 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Bobcrash wrote:
Tanks are always fun to play, any other characters you looking forward to try out?
Mostly either Mercy, Solider 76, Symmetra, Torbjorn, Reaper, or bastion, in that order. (mostly defense and support heroes, with reaper being my go to for offense)

Mostly because I figure every team will need a healer, and support/healer is my favorite role.

Not to mention being able to play as a transforming sentry gun is something Ive wanted in a game for years.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Bobcrash
Traveler

#11 Post by Bobcrash »

Mostly because I figure every team will need a healer, and support/healer is my favorite role.

Not to mention being able to play as a transforming sentry gun is something Ive wanted in a game for years.

I also usually play support/ healer. like in dirty bomb, i usually play aura (who's one of the three healers).

I love games where i get to control/ be the turret, so i'm glad they have that feature in this game. It sure looks like it'll be fun,let's hope it is!

midnightblink
Council Member

#12 Post by midnightblink »

What do you guys think of Lucio (ability preview here)? To me he seems like a pretty interesting support character, very good with aggressive offence comps with his move speed aura and MASSIVE temporary shield. I could see a whole team walking through a choke point with his doubled speed aura and his ult shield on and they just take over the point in 5 seconds or less. Probably wont overtake Zenyatta as my favorite character, but seems like he would be fun to play when your team needs a little more "umph" to your team's pushes
Primum Non Nocere

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

Oh, I'm definitely going to enjoy playing as Lúcio. Seems like my kind of jet setter.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Holy cow! Lucio looks amazing!

He's basically Lucien's and Ekko's appearance mixed with Sona's abilities and a funky fresh beat! (sorry, due to the MOBA like abilities overwatch has I habitually compare it to MOBAs)

IT'S LIKE LUCIEN AND DJ SONA HAD A BABY IN A DIFFERENT GAME MIXED WITH JET SET RADIO! HUZZAH! *MAXIMUM EXCITED* :grin:

Im really glad that Blizz is adding such a variety of support characters. At first I was worried that Mercy was gonna be the only healer to choose from.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#15 Post by Envy661 »

Okay, I just saw this pop up on my Battle.net launcher. Someone please describe to me what kind of game it is besides just 'FPS', as I am too lazy to read.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!