XCOM 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

XCOM 2

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Hey guys

So XCOM 2 had a trailer released a few days ago, which can be watched here.
[video]https://youtu.be/jVf-lCVYI6k[/video]
So yeah, anyone else excited to rage a gorilla war against our new alien overlords ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: XCOM 2

#2 Post by y7h65 »

The Rookie wrote: So yeah, anyone else excited to rage a gorilla war against our new alien overlords ?
Well, I guess I would like to go apemode on aliens....

In all seriousness, it does look pretty cool and I can't wait. I wonder how the base management mechanics will work with the new Helicarrier base.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3 Post by Lief »

Despite never having beaten XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within, I'm almost as excited for XCOM 2 as I am for Fallout 4.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Hell yes, I'm excited. Even if I can't beat XCOM EW on Classic.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#5 Post by The Rookie »

Lief wrote:Despite never having beaten XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within, I'm almost as excited for XCOM 2 as I am for Fallout 4.
Spoiler!
The ending of the first game had the player attack an Alien capital ship with their psionic soldier leading the charge. During the mission the enemy Uber Ethereal reveals that they have been searching the galaxy for species worthy of being "up lifted". The events of the first game were simply a scouting party for the aliens and when they decided humanity was worthy for being up lifted they sent their real invasion force, which simply overwhelmed humanity in a matter of days.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#6 Post by tony1695 »

The Rookie wrote:
Lief wrote:Despite never having beaten XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within, I'm almost as excited for XCOM 2 as I am for Fallout 4.
Spoiler!
The ending of the first game had the player attack an Alien capital ship with their psionic soldier leading the charge. During the mission the enemy Uber Ethereal reveals that they have been searching the galaxy for species worthy of being "up lifted". The events of the first game were simply a scouting party for the aliens and when they decided humanity was worthy for being up lifted they sent their real invasion force, which simply overwhelmed humanity in a matter of days.
Actually, you're wrong.
Spoiler!
Basically, Impossible Ironman is canon, which means that humanity got steamrolled in a matter of months. X-COM was disbanded, and the governments of Earth surrendered to the alien overlords. X-COM has now been reduced to operating from a stolen alien cargo vessel as they launch attacks on ADVENT-controlled areas.
Also, snaketits.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#7 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

tony1695 wrote: Also, snaketits.
Already imagining this stupid thing pulling this crazy move.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#8 Post by Insomniac »

Well that was random. Would unf though.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#9 Post by tony1695 »

Insomniac wrote:
Well that was random. Would unf though.
The X-COM fanbase has gone a little nuts because of the Viper's very feminine appearance. Along with the cries of anger about a reptilian creature being depicted with breasts, there has been more than a bit of creepy fanart, as well as silly comments.

"Upon being constricted by a Viper, the correct response is 'Need assistance!', not 'I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going...' Even if that one Viper knew what you were talking about and ran away."

"To the entirety of Strike-1: no, you may not build a giant Terrarium to keep the captured Viper as a pet. Whilst they are the enemy, the Vipers remain a sentient species, and keeping them imprisoned in a cage and treating them like a pet is probably a war crime.
a: Just because your poll said it would be popular doesn't make it any more okay.
b: Even if the snake lady agrees to it.
c: Even if she promises to dance for entertainment.
d: The Commander has issued a new rule that the Terrarium may be built, so long as it is built in his office."
Gentlementlemen

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

How I met your mother.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11 Post by Insomniac »

Schrodinger wrote:Image

How I met your mother.
Even hotter though with genders reversed.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#12 Post by The Rookie »

Apparently these snake creatures are a call back from the original XCOM games from way back when.

The feminine appearance probably has to do with some of their old lore, where every member of the race produces eggs asexually. So it's probably just something they did to try and emphasize that these things are "female".

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#13 Post by tony1695 »

... when the inevitable happens and an enemy, civilian, or XCOM soldier has fallen in combat, the XCOM 2 Sectoid will be able to raise the dead to fight for him with an ability called Psi Reanimate.
Well the Pectoids got really scary now.
Gentlementlemen