Fallout 4

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Chris
Templar

Re: Fallout 4

#16 Post by Chris »

tony1695 wrote:I suggest you change your pre-order to the Collector's Edition, which comes with a wearable Pip-Boy 3000 that lets you use an iPhone as a screen, and can interface with the game as well.
To clarify, the Pip-Boy allows you to attach a smart phone (iPhone or Android) and get a usable touchscreen on the Pip-Boy of your character's inventory in real-time (it works over your house's wifi). If you don't get the Pip-Boy Edition, you can still do it directly with your phone without the Pip-Boy.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#17 Post by Envy661 »

If I can, I might preorder the Collector's Edition next month. It would be my first Preorder since SWTOR. Hopefully I won't regret this one NEARLY as much, and hopefully it's still only gonna be $150.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#18 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Fawkes wrote:I just found out that mods that are created on PC for Fallout 4 will be available for use on console systems as well, first with the XBONE and then PS4. Here a link that briefly states that.

Also a new gameplay demo that does show a little more footage that wasn't initially shown Sunday night.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRFAuDOlK5Q[/video]
It's settled. I can't get GTA. I need to preorder this as soon as I can. Oh, god, oh, god! All of this hype has me nearly in tears. God bless Bethesda.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#19 Post by tony1695 »

I was too late to preorder the Collector's Edition from the one retailer that sells them in my country, but they did put my name down for the second batch, if that's a thing. Here's hoping.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#20 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Fawkes wrote:Well there's still plenty of standard copies available for pre-order Inception, but you may be out of luck when it comes to the Pipboy collectors edition which seems to be sold out everywhere at the moment. I don't now if they will have a second run of the collectors edition , which they should if they want this gravy train to keep rolling, but I barely snagged a copy myself from BestBuy and they were probably one of the last ones to have them I stock I belive.
I don't care about that, I just want the game asap! Oh, the hype is real...
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#21 Post by Schrodinger »

I'm more interested in the weapon customization. Scratch building my own firearms and endlessly tweaking them would be very fun.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Zylver
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Zylver »

I couldn't find any relevant topics on the board and I didn't want to spam with new question thread, so I just write it down here:
Spoiler!
Should I start playing the Fallout series from the very first game or can I just jump to the third instalment? I'm asking this to know whether there are any continuity in the series.

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#23 Post by Lief »

Sadly I won't have any money until next month. I somehow doubt they'll be running a third batch, if for no other reason than because that would screw me over and the universe loves to do that. :roll:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#24 Post by tony1695 »

So, Fallout 4 will be locked to 1080p and 30 fps on consoles. PCs will have no such limitations.

Not that it's gonna be a big deal to most people, but figured you guys would want to know.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#25 Post by puredeathly »

tony1695 wrote:So, Fallout 4 will be locked to 1080p and 30 fps on consoles. PCs will have no such limitations.

Not that it's gonna be a big deal to most people, but figured you guys would want to know.
Gaming on 30FPS? This is a no-go... even the mouse pointer is stuttering at 30FPS...

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#26 Post by Insomniac »

Fawkes wrote:Just found some more news about Fallout 4, according to Todd Howard the size of the map we will playing i will be roughly the same size as Skyrim's was and that there will be no loading screen like in previous games such as Skyrim and Fallout 3. Here's the link to the page I found that both explains this and has a link to the actual Todd Howard interview.

Edit: More new information, this time as a video.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-r0tMK9_rE[/video]
I have been told that people have known about Fallout 4's support for mods on consoles for around a month already.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#27 Post by Schrodinger »

Insomniac wrote:I have been told that people have known about Fallout 4's support for mods on consoles for around a month already.
It was announced at E3.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Bobcrash
Traveler

#28 Post by Bobcrash »

Mate, this game is going to devour the lives of so many people XD (me included). Knowing how the other Fallout games could captivate a players attention for over 500 hours, I'll be shocked to see if this game can't do that.
I dunno.. apples? :squirrel:

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by SirSlaughter »

Hey guys, I'm stopping by to show you somethings awesome.

They are in limited quantities and as of the time of posting this is still available.
Click on the picture to know more.

But it comes with fallout 1-New Vegas +all DLC for every one of them.
The case is a replica mini nuke with a button on the top to make the explody noise from the games.
I ordered mine yesterday and am excited to add it to my collection.

EDIT: Another picture:

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#30 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Schrodinger wrote:I'm more interested in the weapon customization. Scratch building my own firearms and endlessly tweaking them would be very fun.
This right here is what got me the most excited out of anything. (the jetpack being a close 2nd :grin: )

In elders scrolls 4 oblivion there was no weapon crafting, but in skyrim there was an entire smithing skill to make stuff.
I can't count the amount of hours I spent crafting stuff in that game, and also getting mods to add more crafting ingreditents and recipies.
Crafting is one of my favorite things to do in games, so I was glad that my desires for a robust crafting system in a fallout game have been fulfilled.

First thing Im gonna do in the game is see if I can mass produce rocket launcher ammo, and my own custom launcher for it.

KABOOM!
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me