Fallout 4

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: Fallout 4

#46 Post by Envy661 »

Everyone needs this game in their life.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#47 Post by tony1695 »

So, what's the most ridiculous/pointless special weapon you guys have had dropped from a legendary enemy?

I got a Hunter's Fat Man off a Mirelurk. Several questions have been raised.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#48 Post by The Rookie »

Not one I've found myself, but there's a one legendary gun making the rounds on the internet 'The Medics Fatboy' someone found that heals what ever it hits.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#49 Post by Envy661 »

Did this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvpykgytM0[/video]
The Rookie wrote:Not one I've found myself, but there's a one legendary gun making the rounds on the internet 'The Medics Fatboy' someone found that heals what ever it hits.
Yeah, 'medics' anything heals instead of deals damage. Can't say a medic's fat man is very... wise though.

I haven't really found too many crazy weapons.
Well... I found a sacrificial blade in an old quarry, but that's neither here nor there.

Does poison damage.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#50 Post by y7h65 »

I found a 10mm that shoots two projectiles per round fired. Then I made it Hardened Auto AP. It's got a fire rate of 254 rounds a minute. It's pretty good.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#51 Post by Envy661 »

y7h65 wrote:I found a 10mm that shoots two projectiles per round fired. Then I made it Hardened Auto AP. It's got a fire rate of 254 rounds a minute. It's pretty good.
Stumbled across a few of those in my day. Wondering what the double fire Fat Man would be like.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#52 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote:
y7h65 wrote:I found a 10mm that shoots two projectiles per round fired. Then I made it Hardened Auto AP. It's got a fire rate of 254 rounds a minute. It's pretty good.
Stumbled across a few of those in my day. Wondering what the double fire Fat Man would be like.
I assume it'd be like the MIRV fat man, but with two nukes instead of eight.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#53 Post by tony1695 »

Envy661 wrote:
That is literally the Big Boy (unique Fat Man) you can buy from Arturo in Diamond City.
Gentlementlemen

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#54 Post by Envy661 »

So so far into the game as per my usual playstyle, I've put everything into semi-auto guns. But I am slowly thinking I might want to begin work on automatic weapons here so that I can have some decent damage with things like my custom laser assault rifle I made and the Cryolator. My 9 round Plasma DMR isn't really doing it. I mean it is damage-wise, but ammo is scarce and the magazine is small. Not to mention the poor hip fire on it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#55 Post by tony1695 »

Envy661 wrote:So so far into the game as per my usual playstyle, I've put everything into semi-auto guns. But I am slowly thinking I might want to begin work on automatic weapons here so that I can have some decent damage with things like my custom laser assault rifle I made and the Cryolator. My 9 round Plasma DMR isn't really doing it. I mean it is damage-wise, but ammo is scarce and the magazine is small. Not to mention the poor hip fire on it.
If you plan on going automatic, you're going to want to pour points into the Scrounger perk. Otherwise, your guns will just chew through ammo. And the Commando perk, otherwise the damage divide between semi-auto and full auto is insurmountable.
Gentlementlemen

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#56 Post by The Rookie »

Major plot point spoiler discussion
Spoiler!
Ok, so thanks to the internet's inability to put spoiler tags on stuff, I found out about a mission called 'The Battle of Buncker Hill' in which all 4 main factions come together to fight each other. Being me, I'm having trouble deciding between one faction or another. Each has their own faults, but some are worse than others.

Brotherhood of Steel: Want to ensure humanity doesn't misuse science to create the next apocalypse. On the downside, they're the ones who pick and choose what's a threat. They also seem intent on enforcing their beliefs (whether the local population agrees or not) through their superior fire power. Plus they want to kill Syths for being Synths, stating a machine with free will is an abomination.

Railroad: They're a resistance group that simply wants to liberate Synths from the Institute. On the down side, they're kind of liberal of what they define as a living machine, placing human lives in danger to rescue what's essentially a drone.

Minute men: This probably the most neutral faction. They serve to protect the people of the Commonwealth, but reflect most of the Commonwealth's views for better or for worse. They have a vision for a safer Commonwealth, but one I feel is a bit unrealistic given that these people like to fight amongst themselves more than anything else.

The Institute: Now I've only started their quest line recently, but they seem very motivated by the greater good. They're working on building a new life for all of humanity with the tech they've been working on, but it comes at a cost. Their use of shady black ops, kidnappings and forced slave labour (Depending on your view of synths) make it difficult to trust them.

My question is it possible to make certain factions work together. eg The Railroad and the Minute Men, or is there no way to avoid an utter blood bath?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#57 Post by Jonesy »

I'm pretty excited for the DLC. The workshop one seems a bit meh, but the one that lets you make your own robots should be interesting. Hopefully it does have some quests, even if the build-a-bot mechanic is deep and versatile. But Far Harbor is the one I'm most excited for, to the point where I've even been grinding levels in preparation. When a DLC's description says it's set in a highly irradiated area, it's not a bad idea to level up the Rad Resistant and Medic perks (the former for obvious reasons, the latter to make RadAway as effective as possible).

It's also worth noting that I've 'finished' the game in regards to story and non-repeatable content. I ultimately chose to side with the Minutemen; technically Minutemen-Railroad (while sparing the Brotherhood of Steel), but the quest to ally them bugged and wouldn't complete until after the story was finished. In any case, I chose them because despite their track record they were the only faction directly out to help the common man. The Institute would have developed new technology, yes, but it would be a long time before that reached the hands of normal people; more than enough time for more and more people to be abducted from their homes, tortured for some experiment and ultimately replaced by a synth. The Brotherhood of Steel had the potential to stabilize the area and integrate it with their existing territory, but the deaths of innocent ghouls / synths and the oppression of regular wastelanders was too high a price to pay (but not enough to warrant the faction's destruction, I felt). I do find it very amusing how I've made them basically redundant now that the Institute's gone, but I'm glad they're sticking around. And while I strongly support the Railroad, they weren't doing quite enough to directly help the people of the Commonwealth outside of bringing down the Institute.

Plot Spoilers:
Spoiler!
While I had known what happened to Shaun because of spoilers, it was still quite emotional when I betrayed him after the Battle of Bunker Hill in order to go Minutemen-Railroad. I even told him I was disappointed in him. But during the Nuclear Option, we did part on a better note when he gave me the access codes to facilitate the evacuation of civilians. I may well try siding with the Institute on my next playthrough, to see what happens.

Also, getting Synth Shaun at the end was nice, although all the weapon mods he gives me are redundant when I've got loads of them sitting around. It's also rather rude of him to refer to my male character as 'mom' at times, but other than that I'm glad he's around. Just wished there was more interactions available. Some proper conversations with him, to teach him some life lessons or share stories of what you've done throughout the game.
I also romanced Piper and Cait. The last time I romanced two characters was Mass Effect, which made me feel like a cheating [censored]. Here... still bugs me a little, since Cait was more a spur-of-the-moment thing after being touched by how far she'd come over the course of the game.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#58 Post by tony1695 »

Fawkes wrote:[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMY0IETkDrU[/video]

Well that's a lot more to this DLC than I really expected.
All the robot customisation!
Anyone else notice the Assaultron with the [censored] SHISHKEBAB for an arm?
Gentlementlemen

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#59 Post by Envy661 »

I'll only be happy if I can have some variation of an eyebot again. ED-E was the only companion I really used.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Jonesy
Templar Master

#60 Post by Jonesy »

Fawkes wrote:[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMY0IETkDrU[/video]

Well that's a lot more to this DLC than I really expected.
I was hoping there would be an actual plotline to the DLC instead of it just being about the new mechanic, so I'm not disappointed at all. Can't wait to find out why the Mechanist is in the Commonwealth instead of the Capitol Wasteland. My bet is that he's been driven off by the Lone Wanderer in the quest from Fallout 3, driven off by the Brotherhood of Steel after they took over the area, or not the original Mechanist and has just taken up the identity.