Your Top 5 Favorite Video Games

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

ghastmaskzombie
New Citizen

Re: Your Top 5 Favorite Video Games

#16 Post by ghastmaskzombie »

Geeze, that's tough. Um... The original three Spyro games by Insomniac are probably up there. They were the first video games I ever loved as a child. I must have played them through, start to finish, thirty times each. Then there was Banjo Kazooie, which influenced me a lot on what I think a game should be. There was a time that I would have said Ocarina of Time, but a couple of years ago I got my first chance to play Majora's Mask and it is best Zelda. The remake is even better. And despite its simple story and graphics, Bastion was the most immersed I have ever felt in a video game. And one time I stayed up way too late and played the entirety of Thomas Was Alone in one night. I was on a beautiful drugless high and it was an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.
And although I loved it as much as all of those combined, I don't consider Minecraft a top five game because I don't consider it a game. There are so many ways to play it that I consider it a genre, and there is so much you can create with it that I consider it a medium. In fact, it was a Minecraft let's play channel that led me to webcomics in the first place, and that's now how I define myself.
I'm sorry that turned into such a rant, but I couldn't just leave a list and be done with it. The reasons we love games, the experiences we have with them, and the memories we keep of them are so much more important than the games themselves. Though I suppose you could say that of anything in life.
If I'm posting here, it is very likely that I'm in an altered state of mind. My common sense is a little shaky and my better judgement is out to lunch. I have no filters and I don't know what I'm doing. So just keep that in mind.

Pudding

#17 Post by Pudding »

Well, here goes
In no particular order

Single: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snek Eater
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Star Wars Republic Commando
Valkyria Chronicles
FTL: Faster Than Light

Multi: Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm
War Thunder
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Super Smash Brothers 64
Star Wars - Battlefront 2

Honorable mentions: Star Fox 64 and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

midnightblink
Council Member

#18 Post by midnightblink »

Single:
1 Journey- The most emotional connection I've ever had with a game (and yes, I know it's co-op, but it's so different from any other multi game that I consider it "single player"), I still remember the feeling of climbing up the mountain with my partner. I didn't even know their name, but I felt like I knew them and I could trust them, just from a few small sounds we could make. The happiness I felt during the end of the game was indescribable.

2 Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim- Certainly the most fun game on the list, I still enjoy playing it to this day and I got it the day it came out. Truly one of the greatest games of all time

3 Dust: an Elysian Tail- Kind of a combination of the top two, Dust had an amazingly emotional and enjoyable story, but also had great metroidvania style gameplay. I also heard that the art was all hand drawn, which is amazing because the game is beautiful

4 The Last of Us- As you might be able to tell by now, one of the most important parts of a game for me is the story, and what better example of modern story telling in video games is there than the Last of Us? Uncharted 2 would have probably been on this list if it wasn't for the Last of Us, because seriously, Naughty Dog really is great at making games

5 Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves- This one is kind of effected by the nostalgia factor, but it's still a great game. Great stealth-action platforming with and interesting and funny story, it's because of this series that I basically worship Sucker Punch

Multi:
1 League of Legends- Certainly one of the games I've spent the most time on in my life, this was the first MOBA I'd ever played and since then, I've developed a sort of addiction for them. There are very few MOBA's that I haven't at least tried

2 Call of Duty: Black Ops 2- In my opinion, the best call of duty game and one that I still play sometimes to this day. I have high hopes for the 3rd game

3 Star Wars: Battlefront 2- Another childhood nostalgia pick, my sister and I would play this game for hours, and it was one of the biggest ways we connected. When she moved to Corvallis for college, she even took the PS2 with her to only play that game. It's fun, fast paced, and gets extra points for being a Star Wars game.

4 Assassin's Creed Multiplayer- No game in particular, but I love how they made the multiplayer. I enjoy stealth games a lot, and so to be able to do that against real people is just so fun. It also creates some pretty memorable moments, escaping 3 people chasing you at the same time, hiding in a crowd, and killing the slowest pursuer before finding another hiding spot.

5 Last of Us Multiplayer- Not only did this game have an amazing story, but an interesting multiplayer. I loved how it wasn't about solo-wolfing, you needed to work with your team and think tactically. It's a little slower paced, but I think that actually made it more entertaining. The only gripe I have about it is that the whole survival part in between games where you're wins and losses effect your personal group of survivors really stressed me out. For some reason, I formed a connection with the little moving dots representing survivors, and I got so stressed when I was running low on supplies and people started to die.
Primum Non Nocere

GyroFox
Apprentice

#19 Post by GyroFox »

LOL InceptionBwaaa what the...what the Hell is that???? :squirrel:

Oh my....it's....an Alien...a Green one... lmao...:mrgreen:
AND it's actually FOR ONCE not on a T-shirt! :trace: ahahahah sorry, I couldn't resist! :heart: '

Anyway, it's my turn!

Single:
5. Minecraft
4. Half Life 1 and 2.
3. Red Dead Revolver
2. Dead Island
1. Pokemon Ruby but I'm still a new comer it. (GBA Versions for me only at the moment.)

Multi:
5. Red Dead Redemption
4. Action Half Life
3. Team Fortress 2
2. Call of Duty Black Ops and Nazi Zombies
1. Call of Duty World at War

Multiplayer Games/
Single:
5. CS Source. Counter strike source!
4. Call of Duty WaW World at War Multiplayer!!!!
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
2. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (it was silly BUT had many positive aspects to it.)
1. Call of Duty Black Ops 1 (Yup, I've said too much!!! (;_;) )

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#20 Post by Envy661 »

So we're doing single and multiplayer lists now? Welp, time to update.

Singeplayer:
1. Final Fantasy VII : obviously
2. Fallout: New Vegas: best Bethesda game I ever played, and I played most of them.
3. Dark Souls: the greatest fantasy rpg experience I ever played through.
4. To the Moon: one of the greatest top-down story-driven rpgs I've ever played.
5. Red Dead Redemption: captured the wild west so well. This needs to be on PC.

Multiplayer:
1. Insurgency: no other game really captures the magic of co-op like this game. It's great to play with friends in.
2. Burnout Paradise: the definitive multiplayer racing game. Easyride made it simple and enjoyable at the same time.
3. Halo 3: probably the best competitive multiplayer experience of all time.
4. Cards Against Humanity: this counts, right?
5. Rainbow Six Vegas 2: before I got insurgency, this is where it was at. Realistic terrorist hunt with max enemies. There was no other way to play, and that trend continues in how I play Insurgency.

MMO pick:
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: see the thread I started on it for more deets.

Visual Novel pick:
Katawa Shoujo: play it. Just [censored] play it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Randomfurry111
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#21 Post by Randomfurry111 »

ahh yes my top 5 favorites are the following:

1:forza horizon 4

2: rocket league

3:minecraft

4:gran turismo 3

5:burnout 3
:flora: :flora: :flora:

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#22 Post by Lief »

Randomfurry111 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:00 am ahh yes my top 5 favorites are the following:

1:forza horizon 4

2: rocket league

3:minecraft

4:gran turismo 3

5:burnout 3
:flora: :flora: :flora:
Hey, please don't bump really old topics like this one without good reason. Review the rules regarding Necroposting to avoid doing it again! Thanks.

-Lief