Killing Floor 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Nuff
The One With the Ears

Killing Floor 2

#1 Post by Nuff »

I had a look and couldn't see a topic for this, maybe I was blind and if so then nuke this thing into oblivion mods. Moving on, Killking Floor 2 is unsuprisingly the sequel to Killing Floor and follows much the same path as the original game only in an improved fashion. Graphics are much more impressive and the whole thing runs incredibly smoothly. The gore is a visual treat and stays splattered everywhere right to the very end meanign levels can look like a real bloodbath by the final wave.

Classes have been reworked and are slightly more customizable with you able to select different perks once you've leveled up enough. There are also more characters to play as and you can customize them too, I expect man a 'hat' DLC is to come out in the future. There are 4 classes at the moment with Bezerer, Commando, Support and medic returning from the last game and with more promised once the game progresses through it's earl access stage.

At the moment there are only 3 maps but each is wonderfully designed and great fun to play. The Burning Paris one is probably my favourite at the moment. They won't last long before they get a little repetative though, as to be expect with so few available currently.

Anyone else playing this? Would people want me to make some youtube videos showing off the game and such? Discuss!

foxlord
Elder foxy

Re: Killing Floor 2

#2 Post by foxlord »

I got the early access version, though have yet to try it out given finals are coming up quickly. But once finals are past, I am so trying out this game! I love Killing Floor, and hope to see how they improved Medic from the first one, as it's my favorite class :3
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3 Post by Lief »

Just got it the other day, and it is great. Everything about it is better than the first game, except, currently, the lack of variety.

Medic got a great improvement in the form of lock-on healdarts. So much easier to heal people when they won't hold still, which is basically always. The Medic weapons may seem a bit overpowered, but the medic also doesn't get any damage boosts as it levels up, so they don't get any better. The medic's shotgun could use a buff of some sort, though, in my opinion. Either needs to carry more ammo or do more damage. Only carries 70 rounds and it seems you need at least two for anything beyond a Clot or Crawler, on Normal at that.

Can't comment on the other classes or their weapons too much, have played Medic more than anything so far.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

In Totalbiscuit's interview with the creators, they mention that the harder difficulties won't have the mobs with rising HP but rather improved movesets and tactics (Along with dealing more damage to you, I think that part stayed), so the Medic's DPS should remain relevant. Also, lock-on heal darts? Thank you Tripwire.

I'm going to pick up KF2 this weekend but hold off on playing it until my finals are through.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by alex3192 »

KF2 has the best gun mechanics of any game bar post-Marksman ARMA 3. No question.

It is my new favorite game.
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#6 Post by foxlord »

I agree the medic shotgun should hold more ammo, because holy [censored] does it go fast. I love the lock on heal darts as well. I just need to get better at the game overall though xD
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

Bobcrash
Traveler

#7 Post by Bobcrash »

I love KF2, the gun play mechanics are so smooth and powerful. I use the commando mostly, and his starting weapon isn't really the best. but the other rifles for the class are soooo good. I'm in love with how the game feels and plays, even though the content is a bit lack luster.
I dunno.. apples? :squirrel: