Star Wars Battlefront

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Star Wars Battlefront

#1 Post by The Rookie »

I couldn't find a tread on this already, but who's been following the new Battlefront game ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

#2 Post by kevin »

I have actually been following it myself. Not too closely, mind you, but I was still very much excited when I heard the announcement. Being a huge fan of the original two games, this reboot certainly got my attention. The latest trailer shows much promise as far as graphics and the gaming engine, however, it does not reflect any actual game play. Therefore, while the game may look pretty and run well, game play may be absolute crap.

Hopefully, the developers are able to cobble together a game that is able to satiate old fans of the series, while also drawing in and satisfying potential new fans.

Over all, chances are that if it comes out one Xbox 360 (don't hate, you sony/next gen people S:P ) I am certainly gonna play it. If not, there are always online walk throughs I can watch to see how it is.

I suppose Fawkes said it best already, while excited and optimistic, I have my reservations about it. Time will tell.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3 Post by Envy661 »

Since the announcement of no prequel content and no space battles, I think a lot of people are already not liking it.
For me, the deciding factor will be whether or not it has Galactic Conquest, as well as bot AI, which are pretty much required for a game like this.

I really DON'T want to see Battlefield: Battlefront. Yet sadly, that's slowly what it's beginning to look like.

EA has a strong knack for killing game franchises with their reboots. Just look at Need For Speed and Sim City. Let's hope this one doesn't become another to add to the list...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#4 Post by justanUltramarine »

Well after seing this i'm kinda not hyped for it .

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Insomniac »

justanUltramarine wrote:Well after seing this i'm kinda not hyped for it .
I had heard about some of that. All of it together makes me...not surprised, but nonetheless infuriated by EA. I'm gonna go blow up a massive amount of all of the things now in some game or another.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#6 Post by FrogSteaks »

Insomniac wrote:
I had heard about some of that. All of it together makes me...not surprised, but nonetheless infuriated by EA. I'm gonna go blow up a massive amount of all of the things now in some game or another.
That chart is a bit misleading. Not saying I'm gonna buy it first day, but I'll keep an eye out for how well people like (or don't like) the game once it comes out.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#7 Post by justanUltramarine »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
That chart is a bit misleading. Not saying I'm gonna buy it first day, but I'll keep an eye out for how well people like (or don't like) the game once it comes out.
Not saying it's bad , i might buy it , i'm just affraid well EA as usual just you know : grab monies , run away and leaves broken game . And I mean AT-AT i love em

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#8 Post by The Rookie »

I'm sort of torn on this one. I've played and thoroughly enjoyed SBF 1 and 2, and I've been hoping for a third for years.

From what I've read and heard, it sounds to me to be a sort of a hybrid between Battlefield and Battlefront. Which mightn't be a good or a bad thing, just different.

Currently, I'm waiting for proper game play before passing judgement.

Now as for the whole EA thing, yeah they suck. I'm particularly worried about this game because it's a movie tie in. Basically what I'm afraid of is

A: Hype/movie tie in, with a time window of maybe 6 months before the servers die off

B: Incredibly buggy launch, followed by months of instability and patches.

C: Disney putting pressure on EA, which puts even more pressure on DICE forcing them to cut corners and content.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#9 Post by obi-wan »

the servers of both games SWBF & SWBF2 are out of service since long time ago
May the force be with you

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#10 Post by The Rookie »

obi-wan wrote:the servers of both games SWBF & SWBF2 are out of service since long time ago
Just checking, mate. This thread is about the new Star Wars Battlefront coming out this year.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#11 Post by obi-wan »

I knew nothing about a new set of SWBF thanks for the data
May the force be with you

BallisticMaximus
New Citizen

#12 Post by BallisticMaximus »

I wonder if I should cancel my preorder. I was willing to overlook many shortcomings that the new SWBF would have. The removal of space battles was a slap to the face. The fact that there's only 8 maps to choose from was another slap to the face, since I honestly preferred the massive list that always had me stumped on what map I wanna play on. And now the lack of a canon campaign is honestly just pushing it to a point where DICE is looking for a fist fight, despite the fact that the irrelevant campaign can be experienced splitscreen or online with a friend.
As a Star Wars fan, I hate it.
As a Battlefield fan, I love it.

asphere8
Master

#13 Post by asphere8 »

The other Star Wars: Battlefront game, SWBF3, cancelled in late 2008, was nearly complete and supposedly was more faithful to SWBF1/2. Only problem was that LucasArts was unwilling to shell out cash to market the game. A lot of tech was developed for the game, but it was all lost along with the game in 2009 when the studio was purchased by Crytek.
Perhaps LucasArts could have survived and we could have had a SWBF game a lot sooner if LucasArts had actually been willing to take the risk.
Since this new one is a multiplayer-only DICE product with pre-announced DLC and a lot of missing features, I'll definitely be waiting to see if it's any good before purchasing, and even then only on sale.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#14 Post by The Rookie »

I'm not sure if the game being completed was true or more of a rumour.
There was a leaked in house early alpha gameplay trailer taken on a smart phone back in 2009 Link, but when the product was officially cancelled there were a few more leaks of the terribly buggy mess they had.

Pandemic Studios was shut down later that year by EA, so I'm assuming the studio wasn't doing to well to begin with.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#15 Post by The Rookie »

New gameplay trailer up
[video]https://youtu.be/jXU5k4U8x20[/video]

Although it looks promising, there is absolutely no way a match would be played this way other than to demonstrate that the game works.