Total War: Warhammer

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of the Total War series and the Warrhammer series (Mostly 40K), but I'm not sure how to feel about this one.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

Re: Total War: Warhammer

#2 Post by justanUltramarine »

well i think it'll just be total war but with Orcs , vampires , dragons , magic , DEMONS , and well the usuall slaughter of thousands a meter warhammer is known for , so hopefully it could be as good as "Mark of chaos"

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#3 Post by Nuff »

No Wood Elves, no Skaven and no Lizardmen make this game seem pretty bog standard and rather dull. Hopefully the chaos in which goblins can bring to the scene will be kept intact. I'm mostly interested in how the magic will be handled as it will be a big change to the normal Total War format. Still the game will be mostly unfinished until you've downloaded the next two DLC's as with every TW game before it.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Sithil »

Nuff wrote:I'm mostly interested in how the magic will be handled as it will be a big change to the normal Total War format.
At a guess, I would imagine it might be handled similar to how Naval Bombardment was handled in the land battles of Total War: Shogun II - Fall of the Samurai(for the unfamiliar, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAj-app8pBs). Shouldn't be more complicated than giving your magic spells a seperate bar, or tying them into the abilities of special units.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#5 Post by Nuff »

Sithil wrote:
Nuff wrote:I'm mostly interested in how the magic will be handled as it will be a big change to the normal Total War format.
At a guess, I would imagine it might be handled similar to how Naval Bombardment was handled in the land battles of Total War: Shogun II - Fall of the Samurai(for the unfamiliar, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAj-app8pBs). Shouldn't be more complicated than giving your magic spells a seperate bar, or tying them into the abilities of special units.
Magic is more than just destructive though there are plenty of movement and buff type spells in Warhammer and being able to buff units or reposition them with magic would be something quite different. It's more likely they put it into the game in the way you described though.