TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Re: TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

#31 Post by BadFoMo »

Sorry to revive this with a triple post, but I had a couple ideas I wanted to add to this.

1. For testing purposes, would it be all right if the different villages belonging to the different races (and breeds in the case of Keidran) just be like normal NPC Villages but made using materials found in the biomes they reside in?

For example; the buildings of a village found in the Taiga biome would be built using Moss Stone instead of Cobblestone, Spruce Wood Planks instead of Oak Wood Planks, and so on.

2. Should all of this always be in the normal world, or should it be part of a new dimension?

If it's part of the normal world, players would be forced to have to deal with all this new stuff as long as the mod was installed and equally if players were role-playing in their little TwoKinds fantasy, they would have to deal with Creepers, Skeletons, Zombies, Endermen, and so on which I'm pretty sure is not in TwoKinds.

If it were a new dimension, it could be set so that things and creatures don't appear where they shouldn't. It would also mean that players wouldn't be able to run into two different types of Human villages (Testificate and ‘TwoKinds Human’ Villages); whether or not this is a good or bad thing, I'm not sure.

If this is to be a new dimension, I have an idea on how players can reach it. I'm not sure what the portal should look like, but its crafting recipe is simply a Book and Quill with Orange Dye and Light Blue Dye. This has no pattern to follow.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#32 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Maybe a different world type would work better. Y'know, like normal, flatland, and AMPLIFIED!, called Mekkan?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Logan Furry
Citizen

#33 Post by Logan Furry »

Your ideas are phenomenal, I have a good few ideas about the Dragons, 1/3 be peaceful, 1/3 be Hostile-Nuetral (you hit them they'll become hostile) and finally the last 1/3 be deadly like the Ender Dragon him/herself
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#34 Post by BadFoMo »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Maybe a different world type would work better. Y'know, like normal, flatland, and AMPLIFIED!, called Mekkan?
Not sure if that would actually work. The World Type option only seems to tell the game how to interpret terrain generation. However, I think I might have a fix to this little problem. Simply release two different versions of the Mod.

Version 1 would actually add to the game and only change the normal NPC Villagers into Human Villagers.

Version 2 would simply have an additional crafting recipe to create a teleporter pad which would take you to the TwoKinds dimension and leave the base game otherwise untouched.

I have made a concept model of the building in which you spawn. What do you think?
Click the picture for a larger version and a little bit more information.

Logan Furry wrote:Your ideas are phenomenal, I have a good few ideas about the Dragons, 1/3 be peaceful, 1/3 be Hostile-Nuetral (you hit them they'll become hostile) and finally the last 1/3 be deadly like the Ender Dragon him/herself
Thank you for the base idea. After thinking about it for a while, I think I might have some additional ideas.

I don't think the Dragons should be as strong or resilient as the Ender Dragon since they can be encountered by simply wandering around without needing to do anything special. I also think that they should be an uncommon creature; not exactly a rare encounter, but not exactly hard to find either.

The peaceful ones may be befriended somehow (how, I have no idea) today will allow you to ride them allowing for faster travel through the world. Perhaps they can shape shift so that they can follow you around. If attacked, they will simply run away.

The neutral ones will completely ignore you until you attack which will cause them to either;
A. Simply fight back.
B. Run away and mess with one of your character attributes. In this event, you will need to slay them quickly or you'll be stuck with this altered character attribute.

The hostile ones will simply attack you on sight.

This is all I can think of based on the suggestion you've given. Now we need a reason for the player to attack Dragons (lots of experience points are nice, but the player can probably amass the same amount of points by attacking easier to kill creatures which [although slower] is safer than taking on a Dragon).
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#35 Post by BadFoMo »

SperoWolf wrote:Has there actually been some sort of TwoKinds Minecraft mod made? O.o
Not that I know of; although there are allegedly two people working on it (I say allegedly because one person said they were capable of making such a mod, another person said they knew a person who was capable of making such a mod and I haven't been involved in any of it outside of posting these ideas).

Logan Furry
Citizen

#36 Post by Logan Furry »

Another idea my two lived friend (see the pun I made there? No? Then here's a Mrs. Nibbly! :squirrel: ) I would personally like to help you in some way, however because I only have Minecraft for the Xbox I could only help AT MOST with written ideas or structure designs. I'm thinking that you have a kinda bar above your thing over WHO your loyalty goes to there'd be "The Keidran (choice of added tribes or not), The Basitin, The Templar, The Humans" and if you REALLY want to "The gang" (Trace, Flora, Keith, Natani, etc.). I have another idea how you should make the game where you start off with 0 on all of them, maybe have one of those little guide books that some BIG mods have at the very start (kinda like how some mods turn the world into a big adventure map like "Lord of the Rings") which explains the mod, how it works and maybe give some story on how the you got there (either by ship or magic, if you do my ship you should spawn near the shore and have a small boat and/or have a HUGE harbor). While you continue the game and do quests it will affect your relation to others, here's an example, "if you help the Templar your relationship with the Keidran will decrease and your relationship with the humans will increase a little bit as well and the gang (if you add them) will go down a little bit but not as much compared to the Keidran" (don't know why I made it a quote but whatever). If your relationship with someone gets to a certain point (let's say -50 to make things easier) you have a random chance of getting attacked by that species (like one or two not THE WHOLE SPECIES), if it goes below a larger point compared to the last number (lets say -100) there'd be a higher chance of getting attacked randomly and if it REALLY gets below a certain point (let's say -200 or -500) all of that species would be instantly hostile to you.

Hope you like my ideas but you're gonna have a lot more work to do if you do my ideas

Logan Furry
Citizen

#37 Post by Logan Furry »

BadFoMo wrote: I don't think the Dragons should be as strong or resilient as the Ender Dragon since they can be encountered by simply wandering around without needing to do anything special. I also think that they should be an uncommon creature; not exactly a rare encounter, but not exactly hard to find either.

The peaceful ones may be befriended somehow (how, I have no idea) today will allow you to ride them allowing for faster travel through the world. Perhaps they can shape shift so that they can follow you around. If attacked, they will simply run away.

The neutral ones will completely ignore you until you attack which will cause them to either;
A. Simply fight back.
B. Run away and mess with one of your character attributes. In this event, you will need to slay them quickly or you'll be stuck with this altered character attribute.

The hostile ones will simply attack you on sight.

This is all I can think of based on the suggestion you've given. Now we need a reason for the player to attack Dragons (lots of experience points are nice, but the player can probably amass the same amount of points by attacking easier to kill creatures which [although slower] is safer than taking on a Dragon).

Again great ideas, I'm thinking you should NEED to make special kinds of saddle, it should be crafted as four normal saddles forming a "plus" (without the middle) and items called "Dragon scale" you put in the corners how you find them is either in chests (dungeons, normal or custom ones), killing the Ender dragon (will give you TONS) or killing a normal dragon (won't give you as many, maybe 5 at most) and a object of choice in the middle (maybe a book of all things). I also feel that you should have different types of colors for each dragon, hostile ones should be Black (similar to the Ender dragon but smaller and MAYBE slight different design) and red. Hostile-Neutral ones should be pink and orange, and finally the Peaceful ones should be white, grey,or green (you can change this to your liking.)

I feel that maybe you could find Lady Nora in a cave "sleeping" and you could have the choice of killing her or waking her up (based on my idea in another comment on this page). Waking her up you'd need to either craft something or brew a custom potion. To kill her you'd need one poison of poison (at max) that ISN'T SPLASH that you'd go up to her mouth with and press a certain key with the poison in hand. After that she'd die in a minute or so and those improving human & Templar relations quickly but drastically lowering all others. If you can wake Lady Nora up I feel that you'd get rewarded by her and have relations boosted with everyone but the Templar and a little bit with the humans. So my friend like my ideas, I'd like to hear feedback from anyone

K44_Viper
Traveler

#38 Post by K44_Viper »

Did anyone tried to do some armors? There's pretty cool mod for doing it ingame (you build something from special blocks, paint it etc. and then you can convert into actual armor/hat/weapon/wearable thing)

I think it was called armorer workbench (i might be wrong tho)