TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Let me start out by saying that just like with my Sims 2 Mod ideas, I have no idea how to make this a reality, however if anyone with the knowledge would like to do so, be my guest. I've also seen other topics sort of like this, but from what I've seen it's more like several mods put together to give a TwoKinds theme to the game. With that said, here are my few and incomplete ideas for a mod made specifically with TwoKinds in mind.

New Blocks.
Character Creation Block
This is a refurbished and possibly retextured Enchanting Table. It has no crafting recipe mean that it has to be cheated in or placed by a server administrator. The purpose of this block is to allow players to fill out their character sheets. These character sheets include;
Optional Character Name (Replaces their username in the game.)
Species (Basitin, Keidran or Human. Each one of these options has a small description and states what the pros and cons of each race is.)
Aesthetic Options (Different styles/colors of ears and tails for Keidran, different ear positions/colors for Basitin. There are a few default ones included which function similar to player skins, but players can create their own if they so choose.)
Skin Options (Because I believe default skins will not cut it. Just like with the Aesthetic Options, a few skins are included and players may create their own if they wish.)
Unfortunately this is all I can think of at the moment.

Mana Ore
It's a lighter blue version of Lapis Lazuli Ore and when mined similarly drops 4 – 8 Mana Crystals. Should is also constantly give off a little light like Redstone Ore?

Village Doors
While this block technically doesn't have a crafting recipe its main purpose is to spawn certain types of NPC Villagers and keep them near that building (I've noticed that in large villages, the NPC Villagers which are already in the game will sometimes abandon their homes and simply crowd around a couple of the buildings that are close to each other). I say it technically doesn't have a crafting recipe because the ones that generate in the different types of villages are specifically programmed to be assigned to a certain NPC; however, if this door was to be destroyed and replaced with a normal door, the NPC that was assigned to the destroyed door (assuming that they are still alive) will claim this new door as their own.

Items
Mana Crystals
They are mainly used for casting spells. Upon use, they will either disappear from the player's inventory or get replaced with Drained Mana Crystals.

Drained Mana Crystals
They only exist to somehow be ‘recharged’ and be converted into regular Mana Crystals.

Specialty Armor
Each race/faction has its own unique type of armor which can't be crafted. It can however be obtained by going to an NPC Blacksmith of the appropriate race/faction and providing a certain type of armor, material and a certain amount of Gold Coins.

Gold Coins
This is the form of currency that the NPCs in this mod use and is easier to obtain than Emeralds. They cannot be crafted and must instead be obtained by looting chests in dungeons/bandit camps, stolen from NPC chests, killing bandits and selling whatever you've obtained to the shopkeepers in the different villages. Four Gold Coins can be combined to create a Small Coin Purse.

Small Coin Purse
This item exists only to be broken down into four Gold Coins, or be crafted into a Large Coin Purse. Similar to Gold Coins, Small Coin Purses can be obtained by looting chests in dungeons/bandit camps, stolen from NPC chests and killing bandits.

Large Coin Purse
Made from four Small Coin Purses, this item only exists to be broken down into four Small Coin Purses or be crafted into a Treasure Box. Just like the Small Coin Purse, Large Coin Purses can be obtained by looting chests in dungeons/bandit camps, stolen from NPC chests and killing bandits.

Treasure Box
Made from four Large Coin Purses, this item only exists to be broken down into four Large Coin Purses. Just like the Small and Large Coin Purses, Treasure Boxes can be obtained by looting chests in dungeons/bandit camps, stolen from NPC chests and killing bandits.

Mobs
Dragons
I'm not exactly sure what they can do other than just simply fly around in different places; nor do I know what they can drop upon death. I don’t even know if they should be hostile or not.

Prank Pixies
Once again, I'm not exactly sure what these can do/drop. Perhaps they can be similar to Witches and cast spells which don't directly hurt the player but instead hinders their abilities.

Bandits
Coming in all three races (and all different Keidran types) bandits are like very weak hostile players. On death they can drop Leather Armor, their weapon and some sort of treasure.

NPC Villagers
Just like the Bandits, they come in all three races (and all different Keidran types). In addition to Farmers (Farmer, Fisherman, Shepherd and Fletcher), Librarians, Priests, Blacksmiths (Armorer, Weapon Smith and Tool Smith) and Butchers (Butcher and Leatherworker); there are also Shopkeepers (Pawnbroker, Bartender and Innkeeper), Wizards (Magic Users and Alchemists) and Guards. All but the Guards are passive, the Guards are neutral towards the player until the player goes around murdering villagers; then they become hostile. Should NPCs with different careers but same professions have different outfits? Should they carry different items in their hands to further help identify what their profession is?

New Options
Faction Bars
I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking at the time I thought this up, but basically it shows you your standing with the different factions (similar to the ‘Respect Meters’ in GTA2). So far, the only ones I can think of are for the Templar, the Brotherhood and the individual villages. I propose the bars for the individual villages should do this, but should these bars appear and disappear only when needed? For example the Templar and the Brotherhood bars don't appear unless you've affected that faction somehow.

Spells
After viewing a couple videos of mods which add magic into MineCraft, I have determined that my method will probably go over well. Somewhere in the User Interface there is a new button that looks like a book. Pressing this button will show you all the spells you know. To equip any of the spells, simply click on the spell you want and it will appear on your hot bar. You can then move it around on the hot bar to suit your needs. Pressing the Drop button, trying to move the spell into your inventory or chest will cause it to be removed from your inventory to be readily used; this does not mean that you have somehow mysteriously unlearned the spell.

Well, that's all I could think of. Anyone else have any suggestions of things to be added and/or expended upon?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

K44_Viper
Traveler

Re: TwoKinds MineCraft Mod Ideas

#2 Post by K44_Viper »

Great idea!

I am not good at coding, but i will ask my friend, who makes mods to Minecraft. I think he will help ;)

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

Well, if your friend wishes to give it a try, by all means. But shouldn't we go in-depth on the different ideas first? For example;

I envisioned those dungeons I mentioned as being dynamic structures (inspired by the dungeons in Oblivion) with multiple different types of rooms which could be generated. What kind of rooms should we have?

I also envisioned the villages for the different races (while pretty much having the same types of buildings) being built differently. What kind of buildings should we have?

We also probably need to think of more items, mobs and what they can do.

Any ideas of what we should start on?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I'm thinking weapons.

A scimitar, maybe a throwable spear. Definitely magic. Some kind of magic arrow, and maybe even some horse drawn carriage.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#5 Post by Envy661 »

Don't forget the Gender Bend spell!
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

Sorry for not replying sooner, laziness/mild depression got me again. Anyway, here are my ideas for what has so far been pitched.

Scimitar
Because I can't think of a pattern I could fit within a 3 x 3 grid, I guess the Scimitar will have to be one of the weapons which you can only obtain through Blacksmiths/have a chance to find in a Dungeon.

When obtaining it through a Blacksmith (for this particular item, I'm thinking either Snow Wolf or Tiger Keidran Blacksmiths), you need to hand over an Iron Sword (to make modifications to), an Iron Ingot (to make modifications with) and a certain amount of Gold Coins (for their time and effort). Specialty tools, armor and other weapons can be obtained in similar ways; just give them the proper item to work on, the proper item to incorporate and enough Gold Coins to pay for it.

While all of the items look different than their base items, the only practical reason for doing this I can think of would be modified stats and effects. For swords the stats would be Speed (which determines how fast you can swing), Damage (which [as the name implies] determines how much damage it can cause) and Experience (which determines how much experience a slain creature will drop).

For example;
An un-enchanted Scimitar while being slow will deal a little extra damage than a normal un-enchanted sword but will still give the same amount of experience.
An un-enchanted Spork is extremely fast but deals between 0 – 1 points of damage and rewards the player with X10 experience for managing to kill anything with it (for example; Creepers normally drop 5 experience when killed, but when killed with a Spork they drop 50 experience).
And no, I don't think the Spork should be an actual weapon. I was only using it as an example.

Spear
Made exactly the same as an Arrow while substituting the Feather with another Stick. It can either be swung (attack button), or be charged like a Bow and thrown (use button). It has the same range as an Arrow but does more damage and doesn't require a Bow to be used. The only downside is that there can only be 8 in one stack.

Magic
I was originally going to suggest stealing from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but then I remembered that MineCraft has Potions and the effects they cause would be perfect for spells. All of the effects with a positive outcome would be on self while all of the effects with a negative outcome would be projectiles.

Spells can be learned by finding Spell Books in Dungeons or by paying different Templars a certain amount of Gold Coins.

The different levels of spells (versions enhanced with Redstone Dust and/or Glowstone Dust) should probably also cost different amounts of Mana to cast.
Envy661 wrote:Don't forget the Gender Bend spell!
As much so I would like to have the gender bending spell in the game, all of the mobs (including the player) are gender neutral making such a spell kind of pointless.

Horse-Drawn Wagon
If it is possible to have multiple people sitting on one entity, I think this may work.

First, we would need a couple Wheels which can be crafted by placing Wooden Planks in the Xs in the following pattern. We should also have something else that the Wheels would be needed for other than this wagon. Perhaps a Water Wheel maybe?
[_][X][_]
[X][_][X]
[_][X][_]
This should yield 4 Wheels.

The Wagon itself is crafted by placing 1 Boat (B), 1 Stick (S) and 2 Wheels (W) in the following pattern.
[ S][_ ]
[W][_][W]
~or~
[ _][S ]
[W][_][W]
This should yield one Wagon.

The Wagon is attached to the Horse by a Lead and the Horse is controlled by whoever is sitting in the Wagon's driver seat. 4 other people can sit in the Wagon as passengers. The Wagon can also be combined with a Chest just like a ‘Minecart with Chest’ so that it can be a mobile chest.

Well, those are my ideas for was suggested. Can anyone think of any improvements/see any flaws/think anything else should be expanded upon?

EDIT
I just reread what InceptionBwaaa said about a Horse-Drawn Carriage, I may have to think up a new crafting recipe for this thing. It shouldn't be too hard but I have a problem with getting around to doing things.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#7 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

I want dat gender spell, well, i have not read it all, maybe keidran spell? :raine:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

AlphaCentauri17
Traveler

#8 Post by AlphaCentauri17 »

You guys are in luck! I am a minecraft coder and would be willing to take this on/help out if it is not too late! I am already working on a Frozen mod (which is pretty popular) and once I finish up with that I will be able to start, hopefully sometime this march.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:I want dat gender spell, well, i have not read it all, maybe keidran spell? :raine:
I guess there could be Race Masking spells that the player can apply to themselves, the benefit of which being not getting attacked instantly by certain factions. Perhaps there can be Race Masking spells that can be applied to others, but those can only be found as random loot in dungeons.

As for the Gender Bending spells, another reason why I was leaving it out is because it wouldn't really change much in the game, which is also why the Gender option in the proposed Character Creation Block was left out. The only things I think of (which just recently dawned on me) for why to include it would be that Males could do more damage while Females could get more experienced to drop. Until something else can be thought up, we should probably just stick everything being gender neutral.

AlphaCentauri17 wrote:You guys are in luck! I am a minecraft coder and would be willing to take this on/help out if it is not too late!
How could it be too late? Anyway, as I said, if anyone wishes to try and make this, they may do so.

Anyway, about the Horse-Drawn Carriage, how about this crafting recipe. It requires 2 Wheels (WL), 6 Wooden Planks (WP) and 1 Door (DR) in the following pattern.
[WP][WP][WP]
[WP][DR][WP]
[WL][WP][WL]
This will yield 1 Carriage and functions exactly the same as the Wagon. The only differences are that the Carriage cannot be combined with a Chest, has less health than the Wagon but provides a bonus health buff of some sort for the occupants while they're riding in it (the logic here being that the occupants of a Carriage are not exposed like the occupants of a Wagon are). Should the Carriages be modifiable by Blacksmiths just like Tools, Weapons and Armor?

Also, while there should be some new buildings, should the villages all look the same but just be made with different materials, or should they all be different looking?

P.S. I think I might be able to make a few concept models of the Carriage, Wagon and Player Modifications in SketchUp. Should I go ahead and do that?

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#10 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I would make the villages different with every culture. Show us some SketchUp if you want.

Another idea for villages: every village should have a small chance to be created as a coexisting village, with members of every race. There could also be just human & Keidran, Keidran & Basitin, or Basitin and human villages. The coexisting villages should generally be bigger, as well.
Certified Jojo fan

AlphaCentauri17
Traveler

#11 Post by AlphaCentauri17 »

There are a lot of ideas here so it would be a rather slow process of working it all in. I will send you a link to the minecraft forums page hopefully at the beginning of march. I love the ideas and can't wait to start working on it.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

While I have been too lazy to try making the buildings in MineCraft, I have finally gotten around to uploading the SketchUp concept models.

First up we have the Aesthetic Options. In addition to selecting one of the premade or player made Aesthetic Skins, the players can also choose what type of muzzle their Keidran or Basitin has and what position the ears can be in. Bear in mind that just like the Player Skin, Aesthetic Skins can also have transparency.

Note: Having played MineCraft and knowing that if you clip into another player or mob, you can see you can see the sides of their body from inside, I think the ears should have two layers to them. One set for the outside, one set for the inside.

Next we have the concept models for the Wagon and the Carriage. Considering that I need to stick to a relatively cube-ish shaped and that for the most part I didn't have any reference photos, I think I did pretty well.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#13 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Yeah, wow. These are great!

I love the carriage-- really looks like it belongs in vanilla MC.
Certified Jojo fan

AlphaCentauri17
Traveler

#14 Post by AlphaCentauri17 »

Amazing ideas m8! I forgot that I have already messed around with the idea of a twokinds mod, which means I already have one started and implementing these ideas shouldn't be that hard. I will make a checklist for you to doublecheck so that I make sure I implement all of your ideas!

What I have started (from a while ago):

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#15 Post by BadFoMo »

You've tried doing this before? Cool, but I must ask, what exactly are the items mentioned in your little list used for?

Also, I have built I have built some buildings in MineCraft for the Human Village, but I wasn't able to build all the buildings I was thinking of due to lack of imagination. Bear in mind that I don't exactly know how these generated structures work so I don't know if these would actually work or not, but here's what I have.
Click the picture to get a bigger version and descriptions of the buildings.

Other buildings I would like to try and make include; Weapon Smith's Shop, Tool Smith's Shop, Butcher's Shop, Leatherworker's Shop, Tavern, Guards Barracks, Templar Tower and different homes. Then there's the Keidran and Basitin versions and the miscellaneous generated structures.