Just Cause 2 & Multiplayer: Action Mayhem!

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Just Cause 2 & Multiplayer: Action Mayhem!

#1 Post by Vintage »

I've been wondering, has anyone heard of this game? It's not too old, I believe it came out in 2010.

Anyway, the premise of this game is one thing and one thing only: Destruction.
Like some strange pattern in most games I enjoy, gameplay is normally better than storyline. JC2 definitely has cheesy voice acting, weak storyline, and a lot of loose ends to tie up. But this is how the game was meant to be; Avalanche studios intentionally made it this way.

Nonetheless, the gameplay is what really makes this game popular. In this 3rd-person open-world game, you play as Rico Rodriguez in the fictional county of Panau, located somewhere in Asia. Quite simply, your goal is to overthrow the evil dictator. For what little time you'll be completing the story, most of the gameplay consists of destroying anything in sight. Practically anything you can see can be blown up. A crucial game mechanic in JC2 is the grappling hook. With this, you can grapple to anything, people to people, people to objects, or objects to objects.

Insane physics in this game for sure. Lenient fall damage, absurd skydiving, and wild stunts. (There are numerous videos of JC2 stunts on Youtube you can watch).
And quite recently, a mod has been created that turns all 400 mi^2 of JC2 goodness into a multiplayer!

I've put way too many hours into this game and multiplayer alone, especially in a server called ProblemSolvers, where I now currently reside.
So, I leave with this: Has anyone heard of this game? Played it? Enjoyed it?
If you want, you can head on over to ProblemSolvers where I'll probably be online, shooting scorpians and all that tomfoolery.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Bachaddict
Apprentice

Re: Just Cause 2 & Multiplayer: Action Mayhem!

#2 Post by Bachaddict »

I've been watching videos of it for ages (especially multi-grapple bolomod) and recently bought it, but a 2012 netbook doesn't run a 2010 top-end game.
|This box is too sm|

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3 Post by Envy661 »

I do believe at this point, good sir, that EVERYONE has heard of this game, and it's subsequent Multiplayer Mod.

I myself even have it, and so do a handful of forumites I know from here.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Vintage »

Envy661 wrote:I do believe at this point, good sir, that EVERYONE has heard of this game, and it's subsequent Multiplayer Mod.

Good to hear, many people I've talked to haven't heard of this. Lately in the multiplayer community, the overall playercount has been slowly declining from the initial days of the beta. The number of players surge whenever there's a sale on JC2, but it's still nowhere near the earliest days of JC2MP.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#5 Post by Envy661 »

TheWMM wrote:
Envy661 wrote:I do believe at this point, good sir, that EVERYONE has heard of this game, and it's subsequent Multiplayer Mod.

Good to hear, many people I've talked to haven't heard of this. Lately in the multiplayer community, the overall playercount has been slowly declining from the initial days of the beta. The number of players surge whenever there's a sale on JC2, but it's still nowhere near the earliest days of JC2MP.
Philip284, Judah4, MyPerson54, SirSlaughter, Amazing Mr. X, Aze Naku, and AvWolf all have it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!