Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU

#1 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

D-do... do we really not have a thread for Sm4sh yet?
I shall have to correct this travesty!

The most recent installment of the highly-successful fighting game series, Super Smash Bros, recently came out for 3DS, with the sister WiiU version only a month away from release.

Today, Nintendo released a video showing off a large number of differences that the WiiU version will be bringing to the table, including additional stages, game modes, and other new features. The announcer was pretty humorous to listen to, check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ

I've been playing the 3DS version during my downtime between work shifts. It's taken me a while to get used to the 3DS controls, but now I'm really enjoying the ability to Smash on the go. Additionally, everything I'm unlocking (equipment/alt.movesets) for my custom characters won't go to waste, since I'll be able to transfer it to the WiiU that I'm inevitably going to buy once I see a nice bundle deal.

For a while I was a little disappointed in the game, since it felt more like a Brawl 2. Kinda like we were just updating Brawl for 3DS instead of making the "Next Smash game," but I'm getting hyped again after seeing all the changes Nintendo's adding to the WiiU version.

I'm pretty casual when it comes to smash -- I like playing Time instead of Stock, I like items, and I'm not that good at the game. But if anyone wants to play some time, give me a shout, and we can swap friend codes!

Honestly, I'm getting a little hesitant to click the "submit thread" button, or even ask (since we've gone this long without a thread), but is anyone else playing/enjoying Smash lately? I did a brief forum search for any old Smash-related discussion but decided to make a new thread since nothing was showing up.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU

#2 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Smash Bros. is my jam. Also, the WiiU stuff? 3good5me. I seriously cannot wait. My friend Isaiah, see, he's got a WiiU already, and.. well.... things are looking great for WiiU, all around. I mean, new LOZ, new Smash, Mario Kart 8 DLC.. I mean, come on! Nintendo doesn't even DO DLC! I really believe that the WiiU is equal, if not better than, PS4, even for a system 2 years older. But hey, that's just me.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU

#3 Post by Ironworks »

Was honestly waiting for this thread.

Been playing the 3DS one a good amount lately, and I've got to say I'm getting that Brawl 2.0 vibe as well. Luckily they've seemed to pick up the pace a bit more.
All I play is 1v1, so I can do without the equipment [censored] and whatnots. It all feels rather gimicky to me, anyways.

I'm loving the For Glory 1v1 mode, however (when I'm not lagging too hard to play, which is too often).
R.O.B. was my main back in Brawl, and foolishly played For Glory before unlocking him, bringing me to an 18% win-rate.
Ever since I got my old Robot buddy back, I'm up to 58% and climbing.

Foobs do I even have your FC yet?

Edit:
Btw, super stoked for the DLC.
Spoiler!
Mewtwo Hnnnggghhhhh