Squeals that never came to be

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Squeals that never came to be

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Hello again :D

Now while some series are being done to death with a new instalment every year (in some cases more) I was interested in what games you guys thought deserved a squeal that sadly never came, or worse was cancelled after getting your hopes up.

For example Jade Empire
This little gem was and remains one of my favourite rpg games ever. Jade Empire is a role playing game made by Bioware set in the mystic setting of an ancient mythological Asia, where you play the role of marshal arts student who's simple life is turned upside down after raiders attack the near by town of Two Rivers. Without giving away too much, you set out on a grand adventure across a beautiful, vibrant world filled with unforgettable characters, enemies ranging from bandits and soldiers to cannibal troll cults and majestic fox spirits, and an ever explaining list of side stories that just makes you want to keep playing.

But since Bioware's been busy with their SWKOTOR, Mass Effect and Dragon age series since being purchased by EA, a squeal seems all to unlikely :(

But yeah, what brilliant stand out games out there never got the squeal they deserved ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Damien203
Apprentice

Re: Squeals that never came to be

#2 Post by Damien203 »

For me it was Okami (obvious since my avatar is Ami).

In Okami the main character is Amateratsu, "origin of all that is good and mother to us all".
After 100 years, after the defeat of Orochi and her death, she comes back to finish the darkness and evil that is swallowing Nippon once again.
In order to do such task she needs all her power back, scattered in 13 brush Gods, and the help of a celestial envoy Issun who has interests in all the brush techniques, and women alike.

I am aware that the "official" sequel is Okami-den, but this game deserves a better sequel. It was a beatiful game with great characters, and such memorable moments that I will never forget.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#3 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Jak 3. I know it was already a trilogy, and it did have "squeals", but... well, Lost Frontier and Jack X were hardly good games. I want Jak 4, not a linear piece of bull [censored] like those.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#4 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Crimson skies!
Sure that highway to revenge is a seaqual to the original, but the thing it deserves a seaqual is that it got what no other Aircraft game got. Like BIG [censored] zeppelines, titanium zep destroying worm, Electric spider tank, Epic 3 combo BOSS tornado zep! that is probably the coolest ship I ever seen in a game. The core is like gta with airplanes, free roam with zeps and other airplanes in Chicago includes Zeppeline police that you get to fight against during a mission , kill zeps for Money and side missions, time trails or do story missions in the: wild west, peru with underground maya temples, caribean sea with a Active volcano that they use for Power apparently, and Chicago with tall Buildings, trains, bridges and traffic. A Epic game for plane fans.

The game is in the forgoten games list, and will probably never get a seaqual. But its a game that deserves it :grin:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#5 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:Crimson skies!
Sure that highway to revenge is a seaqual to the original, but the thing it deserves a seaqual is that it got what no other Aircraft game got. Like BIG [censored] zeppelines, titanium zep destroying worm, Electric spider tank, Epic 3 combo BOSS tornado zep! that is probably the coolest ship I ever seen in a game. The core is like gta with airplanes, free roam with zeps and other airplanes in Chicago includes Zeppeline police that you get to fight against during a mission , kill zeps for Money and side missions, time trails or do story missions in the: wild west, peru with underground maya temples, caribean sea with a Active volcano that they use for Power apparently, and Chicago with tall Buildings, trains, bridges and traffic. A Epic game for plane fans.

The game is in the forgoten games list, and will probably never get a seaqual. But its a game that deserves it :grin:

I did enjoy Crimson Skies quite a bit. A sequel is well deserved.
Certified Jojo fan

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#6 Post by ButterBall »

I would love to see Advent Rising and Dark Void get sequels.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#7 Post by Nuff »

Half Life 3

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#8 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Nuff wrote:Half Life 3
Team Fortress 3
Certified Jojo fan

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#9 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Elder Scrolls 6
I don't count ESO as a game, since it's garbage in my opinion.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#10 Post by Nuff »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Nuff wrote:Half Life 3
Team Fortress 3
TF2 doesn't need a sequel. It is fine as it is and still gets updated.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#11 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Felix Mage wrote: What about this?
Personally I have mixed feelings about it, because I feel, like they are going to make it even easier and non-complex, in order to increase the interest of "casual players".
Don't misunderstand, I loved Skyrim, but it was much easier and less complex than Oblivion, not to mention Morrowind.
Atleast it had many mods, which fixed that, but if TES 6 won't become such a viral modding wonder, then idk.
I wouldn't trust that site. I go to the official site for all my elder scrolls news, and it says NOTHING about a 6th game. Granted the latest article in the news section was posted over a year ago, I still won't believe there's a 6th game until I see something official.
I also did research on the topic, and I got many different things on it: some say argonia, some say elsweyr, some say akavir. I just can't believe it with all these different answers.

Plus the box cover they put on that post looks extremely photoshoped.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#12 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Felix Mage wrote: What about this?
Personally I have mixed feelings about it, because I feel, like they are going to make it even easier and non-complex, in order to increase the interest of "casual players".
Don't misunderstand, I loved Skyrim, but it was much easier and less complex than Oblivion, not to mention Morrowind.
Atleast it had many mods, which fixed that, but if TES 6 won't become such a viral modding wonder, then idk.
I wouldn't trust that site. I go to the official site for all my elder scrolls news, and it says NOTHING about a 6th game. Granted the latest article in the news section was posted over a year ago, I still won't believe there's a 6th game until I see something official.
I also did research on the topic, and I got many different things on it: some say argonia, some say elsweyr, some say akavir. I just can't believe it with all these different answers.

Plus the box cover they put on that post looks extremely photoshoped.
Got to agree. It doesn't seem to be an actuality, what with no confirmation on the official site. I'll believe it when I see it.
Certified Jojo fan

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#13 Post by Lief »

Felix Mage wrote:I think TES6 is on the way.
Oh, definitely. People forget that Bethesda (Dev Bethesda, not Publisher Bethesda.) actually had nothing to do with ESO. I highly doubt they've been idle the entire time, so who knows what they've been working on?