Megaman X3 and X6

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Megaman X3 and X6

#1 Post by Akira110 »

These two games are considered to be the worst in the entire series of Megaman X, on one hand, you have a game which technically according to the Canon doesn't exist, excruciating amounts of backtracking and insane amounts of fake difficulty, not by making enemies more intelligent, but making your enemies kill you in two to four hits without any armor or upgrades and even with the armor and upgrades you are so vulnerable to damage that they have to give you what amounts to a 75% reduction in damage just to put you on somewhat even terms and even that is not enough half the time if you're not the best at abusing the AI and dodging. Also there is a long corridor with spikes that you have to almost be frame perfect or you hit the spikes and die as you go up on painfully slow snail robots.

X6 on the other hand is rush job of a game, the nightmare effects happen no matter what, Zero is pathetic in the game, even with the Black Armor upgrade. X's armors are ludicrous to acquire, making it easier to just beat the game with the standard Falcon Armor rather than collecting any of the Armor programs(Which was introduced in X5, and I didn't like it there). The levels for the most part aren't too terrible(Except for Metal Shark Player and Gate Fortress 1 and 2), and the bosses aren't too terrible either(Except Rainy Turtloid which can go eat a dick). But the thing is... you start off with the Falcon armor and if you know the code, you can get the Ultimate armor which makes the game much less painful to play through and none of the enemies to excruciatingly high amounts of damage. The biggest problem though is that you can permanently lose out on items such as life-up upgrades, the only one that makes the game easier that you literally cannot lose is the Jumper Part.

Out of the two, I think X6 is the better game... why? At least Megaman X6 didn't punish me from the get go by saying, "We're going to kill you if you so much as get hit twice." When I play a Mega Man game, I expect to die because I made about six or seven mistakes and kept getting hit, or because I misjudged a jump and threw myself into a pit or the spikes below. Or because I wasn't smart enough to get out from under a crusher and died.

Despite all of it's flaws, Megaman X6 gives you ways to get around all of the problems, for the crushers there's the Hyper Dash part and crouching, for the spikes, Shadow Armor. For pits? Air Dash, Mach Dash(Blade Armor's air dash) and the Nova Strike. In Megaman X3, you only had a way to slightly dull the edge of the game, nothing more, nothing less. Even with four subtanks, it was a brutal game. X6, I needed only the 3(Two Subtanks and the Life Restore part) to carry me through the entire game, even when I WASN'T abusing the Nova Strike to no end.

But enough about my opinion, I want to know your opinion on which game is worse and why.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.