Watch_Dogs: It Just Gets Worse.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Watch_Dogs: It Just Gets Worse.

#16 Post by Him »

Are you saying Watch Dogs isn't worth getting?

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#17 Post by avwolf »

I'd say it's worth getting (at least on the PC, I cannot speak for the consoles), but it's worth getting in full understanding of what you're getting. If you're buying it on the promises of E3, you'll find yourself disappointed. If you buy it with full knowledge of its issues and errors, you'll be satisfied. It might not hurt to wait for the promised stability patch, or to see if you can get 10% or 20% off in the Steam Summer Sale.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#18 Post by SirSlaughter »

Him wrote:Are you saying Watch Dogs isn't worth getting?
On console? No.

On PC? yes...if you have the hardware to run it proper.
I bought it full price a few weeks after release because I was waiting to see what people said about it. All I heard were good things from my co workers so I got it. #worth.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#19 Post by Him »

SirSlaughter wrote:On console? No.

On PC? yes...
So, no then. I could buy it, but there's too much going on right now. Maybe in a year or so. :roll:

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#20 Post by Insomniac »

Insomniac wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote: But the pro of PC is great. The city is "Alive". People are everywhere and things are always happening. Whether it be a crime I have to drive to, a gang hideout, or even just someone being mugged. So far the game has been great for me. Now I admit, I think that this game deserves the bad reviews, ESPECIALLY since they even delayed this game for "polishing" and they still come out with something watered down and glitchy.

Console players are completely right in that the game was not what was expected by any means. But for me so far the PC version has been fantastic. Not E3 fantastic, just a really good game kind of fantastic...I seem to be one of the lucky ones who hasn't encountered many issues.
I have been watching a walkthrough of this game on the PS4, and I can say quite definitively that the world feels QUITE alive and full of people. Not ENOUGH people, but still quite a bit, I'd say about on par with GTA 5.
The above ^^^^^^ being said, I haven't seen what it's like on the 360 or PS3.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#21 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Bought a new graphics card as a graduation present to myself and I ended up getting a free copy of Watch Dogs with it.

Anything I should consider thinking about for the PC version? "Mandatory" mods or anything of the sort?

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#22 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

If you like, you can unlock the graphics settings shown at E3. Seems to cause a downgrade in performance slightly, but hey. Also seems like they're incompatible with the latest versions of Watch Dogs, so perhaps that should be on hold until Ubisoft releases their patch fixes?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=1
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#23 Post by Insomniac »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:If you like, you can unlock the graphics settings shown at E3. Seems to cause a downgrade in performance slightly, but hey. Also seems like they're incompatible with the latest versions of Watch Dogs, so perhaps that should be on hold until Ubisoft releases their patch fixes?

Personally, I take performance over 'dabes graffix' any day. Having awesome graphics is cool, but gameplay takes precedence in my rating system.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by SirSlaughter »

Insomniac wrote:
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:If you like, you can unlock the graphics settings shown at E3. Seems to cause a downgrade in performance slightly, but hey. Also seems like they're incompatible with the latest versions of Watch Dogs, so perhaps that should be on hold until Ubisoft releases their patch fixes?

Personally, I take performance over 'dabes graffix' any day. Having awesome graphics is cool, but gameplay takes precedence in my rating system.
But the thing is, the gameplay is already here. It is awesome. But they purposely "nerfed" the game for no good reason. But now thanks to this wondrous human being, we can now keep this awesome gameplay /and/ it gets to look the way we always wanted it too.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#25 Post by Insomniac »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Insomniac wrote:

But the thing is, the gameplay is already here. It is awesome. But they purposely "nerfed" the game for no good reason. But now thanks to this wondrous human being, we can now keep this awesome gameplay /and/ it gets to look the way we always wanted it too.
Allow me to rephrase...I'd rather take the game as is than take a graphical upgrade at the cost of reduced performance. As a friend of mine on another site said just before I made this post, graphics are paint on a car, if its a [censored] car no amount of amazing paint will make it good, but on the other hand [censored] paint will be but a blemish on a great game.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#26 Post by Nuff »

Maybe if they had worked on getting it to perform well with the high graphics rather than promising them, then giving up on them and then hiding them away on the code. Basically, it makes them look dishonest and that in turn helps fuel peoples conspiracy theroies such as that they intended to work on the grpahics after release so they could cash in on them as a special HD DLC pack, despite them showing off the graphics years ago as part of the package. It's really not about if you can play the game without super awesome graphics it's about the intergrity of Ubisoft as a company. They let people down with what they did to the graphics and now it is fuel this "dumbed down to make the next gen console versions look better" theory that is being thrown about with little to no proof. So in summary this arguement isn't about how important graphics are to the gaming experience but about they way Ubi removed the graphics with no real explanation.

As for the game itself, I've been watching my roomie playing it and it seems to be a terribly underwhelming game. Bit like GTA but without any of the stupid humour or off the wall characters and lets be honest here GTA 5 was pretty dull too. So, it seems much like everything Ubisoft has done in recent years (FarCry3 excluded). Souless.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#27 Post by SirSlaughter »

Nuff wrote:Maybe if they had worked on getting it to perform well with the high graphics rather than promising them, then giving up on them and then hiding them away on the code. Basically, it makes them look dishonest and that in turn helps fuel peoples conspiracy theroies such as that they intended to work on the grpahics after release so they could cash in on them as a special HD DLC pack, despite them showing off the graphics years ago as part of the package. It's really not about if you can play the game without super awesome graphics it's about the intergrity of Ubisoft as a company. They let people down with what they did to the graphics and now it is fuel this "dumbed down to make the next gen console versions look better" theory that is being thrown about with little to no proof. So in summary this arguement isn't about how important graphics are to the gaming experience but about they way Ubi removed the graphics with no real explanation.

As for the game itself, I've been watching my roomie playing it and it seems to be a terribly underwhelming game. Bit like GTA but without any of the stupid humour or off the wall characters and lets be honest here GTA 5 was pretty dull too. So, it seems much like everything Ubisoft has done in recent years (FarCry3 excluded). Souless.
someone gets it.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#28 Post by Schrodinger »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Nuff wrote:Maybe if they had worked on getting it to perform well with the high graphics rather than promising them, then giving up on them and then hiding them away on the code. Basically, it makes them look dishonest and that in turn helps fuel peoples conspiracy theroies such as that they intended to work on the grpahics after release so they could cash in on them as a special HD DLC pack, despite them showing off the graphics years ago as part of the package. It's really not about if you can play the game without super awesome graphics it's about the intergrity of Ubisoft as a company. They let people down with what they did to the graphics and now it is fuel this "dumbed down to make the next gen console versions look better" theory that is being thrown about with little to no proof. So in summary this arguement isn't about how important graphics are to the gaming experience but about they way Ubi removed the graphics with no real explanation.

someone gets it.
That's my biggest problem with the company right there. Whether or not they were being deceptive is secondary to the perception of dishonesty. The company has time and again promised much and under delivered. I for one have had enough of it.
What was it the spider said to the fly...