Assassins Creed: Unity

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Assassins Creed: Unity

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Hello everyone.
So it's E3 once again, and what would an E3 be without an awesome Assassins creed CG trailer ? And once again, Ubisoft has delivered.

This year's Assassin creed, Assassins Creed:Unity, is set in 1789 during the bloody French revolution. From what I can tell, this installation in the series will go back to focusing on a brother hood of Assassins with possibly up to four playable characters, rather than AC 3 and 4's one man army approach.

During the new gameplay demo they demonstrate the new 4 player co-op campaign mechanic, a few new gadgets, the new enemy health system, a few new interesting AI interactions and a couple of other cool things.

So yeah, anyone else excited for AC:U ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Zylver
Grand Templar

Re: Assassins Creed: Unity

#2 Post by Zylver »

Dat co-op :P I think it is brilliant! :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Him »

I have not played an Assassin's Creed game since the first... I'm too far behind to get Unity.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#4 Post by The Rookie »

Zylver wrote:Dat co-op :P I think it is brilliant! :grin:
I wonder how it'll affect the single player story, like will those Assassins always have to be there if you play the game single player for the story to work, or will they just disappear from cut scenes if you're playing together. Kind of like how in Dead Space 3 if you played Co-op one of you would play as a different character who's still relevant to the game's story, but if you just play by yourself that character still exist but he's just hanging out somewhere else between levels and just shows up in cut scenes and stuff.
Him wrote:I have not played an Assassin's Creed game since the first... I'm too far behind to get Unity.
Mate, they are a must play series, true some of them aren't all that great, but the characters and game play available in them more than make up for a few less memorable instalments in the series. Ubisoft has done a very good job of figuring out what mechanics do and don't work in their titles and always strive to improve, which is refreshing for a yearly series to look and play so well.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

Him wrote:I have not played an Assassin's Creed game since the first... I'm too far behind to get Unity.
You can pick up any AC game and it will fill you in on the basic goings on. It really doesn't matter if you missed the other games.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Zylver
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Zylver »

The Rookie wrote:I wonder how it'll affect the single player story, like will those Assassins always have to be there if you play the game single player for the story to work, or will they just disappear from cut scenes if you're playing together. Kind of like how in Dead Space 3 if you played Co-op one of you would play as a different character who's still relevant to the game's story, but if you just play by yourself that character still exist but he's just hanging out somewhere else between levels and just shows up in cut scenes and stuff.
Oh I wish I could play Dead Space 3 with co-op as well :( looks so [censored], more meaningful than Carver popping up from nowhere in cutscenes :D and probably because that would be the multyplayer I'd gladly play, because it is not about equipment or ranking farming, but really advancing in a storyline :P
I hope Ubiguys will solve the issue of playing alone in singleplayer, and not making it "multiplayer only" like Blizzard did with Dio3 <.<

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
- Anonymus

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#7 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I agree; Diablo 3 was a disappointment for me. I didn't enjoy constantly playing with other people who, I might add, hardly ever share loot. And since I can't always connect to multiplayer, I couldn't always play when I wanted to either. On the note of a new Assassin's Creed game, oh my god. It looks so good. And yes, I think that you should at least play a bit of all the previous games before diving into a new one, just because the story of Ezio Auditore da Firenze was one of the most compelling, intriguing and moving story I've ever known. I strive to make mine even come close to that good.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#8 Post by Insomniac »

Zylver wrote:
The Rookie wrote:I wonder how it'll affect the single player story, like will those Assassins always have to be there if you play the game single player for the story to work, or will they just disappear from cut scenes if you're playing together. Kind of like how in Dead Space 3 if you played Co-op one of you would play as a different character who's still relevant to the game's story, but if you just play by yourself that character still exist but he's just hanging out somewhere else between levels and just shows up in cut scenes and stuff.
Oh I wish I could play Dead Space 3 with co-op as well :( looks so [censored], more meaningful than Carver popping up from nowhere in cutscenes :D and probably because that would be the multyplayer I'd gladly play, because it is not about equipment or ranking farming, but really advancing in a storyline :P
I hope Ubiguys will solve the issue of playing alone in singleplayer, and not making it "multiplayer only" like Blizzard did with Dio3 <.<
InceptionBwaaa wrote:I agree; Diablo 3 was a disappointment for me. I didn't enjoy constantly playing with other people who, I might add, hardly ever share loot. And since I can't always connect to multiplayer, I couldn't always play when I wanted to either.
Man am I glad that I play on the console version, where online players get their own loot. Still have to split up loot the old fashioned way in same screen coop, but yeah. Oh yeah, and can play single player, hah.

Back to AC: U though, it looks so amazing. Makes me even more strongly want to get a job and set some money aside so I can get one of the new consoles and get this game.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Zylver »

Hehehe, I knew what will wait for me if I go to Tumblr today, after Ubi announced that there will be no playable female protagonists in Unity :P

Fire.
- Anonymus

Vintage
Certified Fool

#10 Post by Vintage »

It's a shame they don't have too many female characters in AC that aren't either stereotyped to death, or just simple NPC's. The only game that Ubi has created with a female as the lead was AC Liberation (also Liberation HD), and that game didn't even get highly reviewed. I'm told that one of the only differences in AC: L was that the main character could switch clothes to enter different areas. Real Ubisoft? You're going to go with changing clothes as your game play element?

Anyway, back to Unity. I can't stop watching the trailer, it looks great right now! Of course, this is cinematic, so the game might not look that good, but Ubi is claiming to be "next gen." We'll see how this goes. The main thing I'm worring about is all those smoke effects. AC4 really bogged down my computer, so I'm hoping that Unity doesn't do the same. (;_;)
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Zylver
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Zylver »

TheWMM wrote:The only game that Ubi has created with a female as the lead was AC Liberation (also Liberation HD) [...]
And Beyond Good and Evil :P That game also had a female lead, and it is considered a pretty good game :roll: I hope the sequel will worth the waiting :roll:

And about Unity: I heard that Ubi wants to cut all lines with the "Desmond storyline", especially in the future (present) events. So I'm eager what's that will be about :P

Fire.
- Anonymus

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#12 Post by Insomniac »

Zylver wrote:
TheWMM wrote:The only game that Ubi has created with a female as the lead was AC Liberation (also Liberation HD) [...]
And Beyond Good and Evil :P That game also had a female lead, and it is considered a pretty good game :roll: I hope the sequel will worth the waiting :roll:

And about Unity: I heard that Ubi wants to cut all lines with the "Desmond storyline", especially in the future (present) events. So I'm eager what's that will be about :P
Yeah...I'm part of the minority that misses Desmond. He was a decent character, just didn't get enough love from the writers. Regarding that trailer that WMM linked to though...Yeah, they also showed gameplay at E3, so we know it won't look nearly as awesome as that trailer, but unless they nerf it like Watchdogs, it'll still look pretty boss.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Vintage
Certified Fool

#13 Post by Vintage »

Hm, I should correct myself; I should have said Ubisoft's only AC female character.
Insomniac wrote:
Zylver wrote:
Yeah...I'm part of the minority that misses Desmond. He was a decent character, just didn't get enough love from the writers. Regarding that trailer that WMM linked to though...Yeah, they also showed gameplay at E3, so we know it won't look nearly as awesome as that trailer, but unless they nerf it like Watchdogs, it'll still look pretty boss.
I agree, Insomniac. But they can't cut Desmond entirely! AC4 downgraded him from an actual person to a mere DNA sequence(strand?). But I can see the struggle that Ubi might have trying to incorporate him back into the modern story.

Oh Gods, don't make AC:U the same graphical nightmare that happened to Watch Dogs. The expectations were high, the results were moderate. Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, but gameplay > storyline.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#14 Post by Insomniac »

TheWMM wrote:Hm, I should correct myself; I should have said Ubisoft's only AC female character.
Insomniac wrote:
Zylver wrote:
I agree, Insomniac. But they can't cut Desmond entirely! AC4 downgraded him from an actual person to a mere DNA sequence(strand?). But I can see the struggle that Ubi might have trying to incorporate him back into the modern story.

Oh Gods, don't make AC:U the same graphical nightmare that happened to Watch Dogs. The expectations were high, the results were moderate. Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, but gameplay > storyline.
Gameplay < storyline. Gameplay is important, but it's never more important than storyline. To me, anyway.

Vintage
Certified Fool

#15 Post by Vintage »

Oh yes, I agree. For me, Watch Dogs' gameplay was much better than the little-to-no story that it had. (I should be more specific in what I write).
But this is the AC:U thread, so I'll shut up about Watch Dogs.

I hope that Unity's co-op will at least be playable. My internet connection isn't very good, so seeing the other assassins glitching into buildings 'cause of low ping won't be very helpful when trying to assassinate someone. The bottom line is that I'm happy that Ubisoft is adding new gameplay (redefined parkour system, co-op integration, Phantom Blade) as well as other things we might not yet know about.
Image Image