Halo 5

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

Re: Halo 5

#91 Post by FrogSteaks »

The final cover art for Halo 5 has been released.
It looks like Spartan Locke and Master Chief are having quite the staring contest there. :)
Anyone have any ideas as to who the Spartans in those fireteams are?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#92 Post by Insomniac »

Fawkes wrote:
FrogSteaks wrote:Anyone have any ideas as to who the Spartans in those fireteams are?
Well the team right underneath Spartan Locke is Blue Team, Master Chief's fire team from the novels. We have from left to right, Linda-058, John-117, Kelly-087 and Fred-104. I would assume the the fire team under Master Chief would be Locke's guys, at this time they are an unknown ONI Spartan team.
I was gonna say that I remember Fred dying on a Covenant ship (and even that is if I remember correctly) and Kelly dying somewhere else, but then I remembered that the games take precedence with regards to what's canon.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#93 Post by FrogSteaks »

Fawkes wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
Fawkes wrote:
FrogSteaks wrote:Anyone have any ideas as to who the Spartans in those fireteams are?
Well the team right underneath Spartan Locke is Blue Team, Master Chief's fire team from the novels. We have from left to right, Linda-058, John-117, Kelly-087 and Fred-104. I would assume the the fire team under Master Chief would be Locke's guys, at this time they are an unknown ONI Spartan team.
I was gonna say that I remember Fred dying on a Covenant ship (and even that is if I remember correctly) and Kelly dying somewhere else, but then I remembered that the games take precedence with regards to what's canon.
I think you were confusing Fred with Sam-034 who did die on a covenant ship in the novels and Kelly with Linda-058 who was basically dead at one point but was revived by Doctor Halsey in the novels as well.
I only own one of the novels, namely Ghosts of Onyx, and it's been a while since I read it, but I do recognize some of those names. Not sure where exactly that book fits in chronologically, but it has been out for...geez, about a decade now, I think. It will be interesting to finally see them in a video game, if indeed that is the case.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#94 Post by Insomniac »

FrogSteaks wrote:I only own one of the novels, namely Ghosts of Onyx, and it's been a while since I read it, but I do recognize some of those names. Not sure where exactly that book fits in chronologically, but it has been out for...geez, about a decade now, I think. It will be interesting to finally see them in a video game, if indeed that is the case.
If I remember correctly, Ghosts of Onyx takes place around the time of the games. I definitely liked that one, other than the whole mass produced spartans being sent on suicide missions thing.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#95 Post by FrogSteaks »

Woohoo, Nathan Fillon returns. That and a whole lot of free multiplayer maps, pretty cool.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#96 Post by The Rookie »

Uuurrrghh.... I really want to like this...

Blue team +
Buck +
Switch able campaign focus; Half Blue Team/ Half Fire Team Osiris +
Covenant troops speak English again +
Campaign missions will have multiple methods for victory (Stealth, objective or just killing everything)+
There will be some time dedicated to Sanghelios and the Elites +
All future multiplayer maps will be free+

From what little we've been given, an interesting story development or something that could quickly turn into Sci-Fi nonsense +/- ?
I haven't had a chance to play the actual game yet, so the feel of gameplay is still in question +/- ?
The campaign is played as part of a 4 person squad, with players being revived by team mates if downed. The player can give orders to squad mates to attack targets, equip weapons and use vehicles. Very Gears of War sounding, not sure how it'll work +/-?

No matter what though, I'm going to wait for gamer reviews on this one before buying it, none of this IGN/Game informer crap either. I'm looking at honest reviews by people like Total Biscuit or Angry Joe. For players by players, ya know ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#97 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:Uuurrrghh.... I really want to like this...

Blue team +
Buck +
Campaign missions will have multiple methods for victory (Stealth, objective or just killing everything)+

From what little we've been given, an interesting story development or something that could quickly turn into Sci-Fi nonsense +/- ?
I haven't had a chance to play the actual game yet, so the feel of gameplay is still in question +/- ?
The campaign is played as part of a 4 person squad, with players being revived by team mates if downed. The player can give orders to squad mates to attack targets, equip weapons and use vehicles. Very Gears of War sounding, not sure how it'll work +/-?

No matter what though, I'm going to wait for gamer reviews on this one before buying it, none of this IGN/Game informer crap either. I'm looking at honest reviews by people like Total Biscuit or Angry Joe. For players by players, ya know ?
This is among the first few, very VERY few games to make me jealous of XBoxOne owners. I've been into Halo right from the start, even preordered the second one but none since.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#98 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:Uuurrrghh.... I really want to like this...

Blue team +
Buck +

On those possible minuses, it was already nonsense when John became space Jesus resistant to mind digitizing laser beams because the brain copy of an alien jumpstarted his evolution. Because that's hard science. If the gameplay is anything like I've seen from the beta it'll be a lot of obnoxious plinking with guns without weight and controls that would make my hands cramp. And as for the last part...

Image The bar has been set, impress me.

EDIT: I am not impressed.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#99 Post by The Rookie »

I'm sort of impressed. At least more so than with Halo 4.
[video]https://youtu.be/eX3-EVpCW0c[/video]
The main thing I liked was that the enemies speak English, so now we have some personality to whom we are fighting again.

The map looked pretty, but very linear. Maybe it was just because it was an urban environment or a short section of a larger mission.

Squad commands seem.. Alright ? I wasn't sure what was an actual command and what was just a scripted event.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#100 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:I'm sort of impressed. At least more so than with Halo 4.
Getting a very Call of Duty vibe. Like I've played all this before in Advanced Warfare.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#101 Post by The Rookie »

Schrodinger wrote:Getting a very Call of Duty vibe. Like I've played all this before in Advanced Warfare.
Yeah, I can see that. Especially with the bridge collapse.
I don't know, man. Maybe I just trying to be hopeful that the entire game isn't going to be summed up into a 3 minute video, like all the others I was looking forward to recently. Sigh...

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#102 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Getting a very Call of Duty vibe. Like I've played all this before in Advanced Warfare.
Yeah, I can see that. Especially with the bridge collapse.
I don't know, man. Maybe I just trying to be hopeful that the entire game isn't going to be summed up into a 3 minute video, like all the others I was looking forward to recently. Sigh...
What's really sticking in my side is how they had four people on stage for no other reason than to show it's four player co-operative. And given Microsoft's history with these presentations I would not be surprised if none of them were playing the game at all. Long rant short: don't put up these presentations and expect us to be fooled by clearly scripted scenes and actions.

Good to see Buck again though.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#103 Post by The Rookie »

Ok, we have another trailer here for the new Warzone game mode.

This is Big Team Battle to the EXTREME!... Or what ever they're trying to market it as.

Basically it looks like if BTB was taking place during a round of firefight, with Aliens and other players trying to kill each other.

Now this could be either very fun or incredibly buggy and frustrating. We'll just have to wait and see which.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#104 Post by Insomniac »

It's great to see Buck again. I can only imagine how much a nerd like Nathan Fillion loves being a Spartan IV.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#105 Post by Schrodinger »

Insomniac wrote:It's great to see Buck again. I can only imagine how much a nerd like Nathan Fillion loves being a Spartan IV.

EDIT:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6txlsc2HT4[/video]