Halo 5

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Halo 5

#121 Post by Schrodinger »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZSav_a2rNo[/video]

Sorry for the double post but it's relevant to see how Blue Team is introduced.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#122 Post by The Rookie »

Two things stood out for me in this.

1. Both Blue team and Fire team Osiris seem to be reporting to the UNSC Infinity, leading me to believe that either Blue team goes rogue later on (Most likely) or that there's even more shadowy Oni stuff happening in the background than we're lead to believe. I.E that Oni attempted to kill Blue team prior to them going rogue.

2. The Unggoy (grunts) rebelling against the Elites might be a big deal. From a story point It could imply that the remaining covenant forces are on the verge of complete collapse. If the elites can't manage to keep grunts in check, things are rather dire indeed. From a gameplay point, this could mean the return of fighting along side covenant forces. For a game that prides itself on alternative path ways, it wouldn't surprise me if one of this levels side missions involves releasing/aiding the rebellious grunts.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#123 Post by Insomniac »

I'm just super excited to see Fred, Linda, and Kelly finally in a game. And to see Nathan Fillion as a SPARTAN in Fireteam Osiris.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#124 Post by FrogSteaks »

Halo 5's Forge mode looks [censored] AMAZING!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDltTQiZMmw[/video]
More details here. Man, Forge has come a LONG way since Halo 3. Can't wait to tinker around in it.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#125 Post by The Rookie »

I have to agree with you there, forge looks pretty cool.

I just hope that the forge maps will be any good this time around.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#126 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:I have to agree with you there, forge looks pretty cool.

Oh god, the ones in Reach were [censored].

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#127 Post by The Rookie »

Schrodinger wrote:

Nah, I loved the ones in Reach. True Halo 3 had the best forge maps, but Reach still had a lot going for it.

Halo 4 on the other hand, those maps were "[censored]". None of my forge buddies bothered making anything with them.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#128 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:

Nah, I loved the ones in Reach. True Halo 3 had the best forge maps, but Reach still had a lot going for it.

Halo 4 on the other hand, those maps were "[censored]". None of my forge buddies bothered making anything with them.
[censored], I forgot Halo 4 even had Forge mode! Yeah, I was thinking of the Halo 4 set-up where it's all Forerunner all the time.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#129 Post by Schrodinger »

Fawkes wrote:Well Halo 5 is going to have some micro transactions in it, but it doesn't seem all that bad once you read the full explanation here.
Microtransactions in a full-price, AAA title. Unless I hear that this is going to finance dedicated server costs and only server costs I will not be okay with forking over an extra two dollars for something I already spent sixty on.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#130 Post by The Rookie »

Schrodinger wrote:Microtransactions in a full-price, AAA title. Unless I hear that this is going to finance dedicated server costs and only server costs I will not be okay with forking over an extra two dollars for something I already spent sixty on.
Well since we're getting all future map packs for free, I'd say that this a fair trade off. I'm not going to spend any money on armour sets or weapons skins, so this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#131 Post by Envy661 »

Schrodinger wrote:
Fawkes wrote:Well Halo 5 is going to have some micro transactions in it, but it doesn't seem all that bad once you read the full explanation here.
Microtransactions in a full-price, AAA title. Unless I hear that this is going to finance dedicated server costs and only server costs I will not be okay with forking over an extra two dollars for something I already spent sixty on.
You should just look at Halo Online. Doesn't take a whole lot to run on PC. You could probably run it on a 6-year old Vista rig.
There's a cracked version of the game called El Dewrito that de-region-locks the Russia-exclusive game and re-imagines it from the ground up with no microtransactions, and plays a lot like Halo 3.

Oh, and it's free.
It's pretty much Halo 3 on PC with updated graphics. (El Dewrito is. Not the official Halo Online).
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#132 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Microtransactions in a full-price, AAA title. Unless I hear that this is going to finance dedicated server costs and only server costs I will not be okay with forking over an extra two dollars for something I already spent sixty on.
Well since we're getting all future map packs for free, I'd say that this a fair trade off. I'm not going to spend any money on armour sets or weapons skins, so this doesn't bother me in the slightest.
That makes it a hell of a lot more palatable.

philip284
Apprentice

#133 Post by philip284 »

I'm probably gonna get it. Not for any real reason, but its Halo. I know, I know, I'm just supporting the companies that do this, but in all honesty, I just don't care.
If a tree falls in the woods, but no one is around to hear it, does it still kill the squirrel it landed on?
ImageImage

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#134 Post by The Rookie »

philip284 wrote:I'm probably gonna get it. Not for any real reason, but its Halo. I know, I know, I'm just supporting the companies that do this, but in all honesty, I just don't care.
Honestly, I'd get it just to continue this practice. Free map packs, future armour and icons for some minor micro transactions (Which turns out to be randomised battle packs which you can earn in game anyway). Count me in on that.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#135 Post by The Rookie »

I'll give it to 343i, I'm actually feeling pretty stocked from this trailer. Still going to wait for the reviews though :roll: