Halo 5

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Halo 5

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Alright then, Halo 5 was officially announced today with a launch window of Fall 2015. Kind of weird seeming E3 is just around the corner, but hey, what do I know about marketing ?

Not a whole lot to go on as of yet, but we did get this new little image to start speculating on.

So yeah, thoughts and feelings ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: Halo 5

#2 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I just hope it's better than 4

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Yeesh this announcement reads like the the dry and passionless announcements you see at E3. I can't practically hear the pause breaks for breath and audience reaction. I guess they thought it better to announce Halo 5 early and try to drum up the hype machine.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by SirSlaughter »

halo 5...meh.
I used to get super hyped. But after 4? Don't care. Don't have an XBone. looks like I will never finish the Halo story.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Him »

You can only make so many of the same game. Just let it die already. Heck, it isn't even Bungie that made it. You can't excell at making someone else's baby.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#6 Post by Insomniac »

Him wrote:You can only make so many of the same game. Just let it die already. Heck, it isn't even Bungie that made it. You can't excell at making someone else's baby.
Tell that, to Square Enix. The Tomb Raider reboot was freakin' awesome, or at least I thought so.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#7 Post by Him »

Insomniac wrote:
Him wrote:You can only make so many of the same game. Just let it die already. Heck, it isn't even Bungie that made it. You can't excell at making someone else's baby.
Tell that, to Square Enix. The Tomb Raider reboot was freakin' awesome, or at least I thought so.
There were never any good Tomb Raider games. Or at least I thought so. Of course the recent one shines brighter with modern technology. I have to ask though, how good was it?

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by SirSlaughter »

Him wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
There were never any good Tomb Raider games. Or at least I thought so. Of course the recent one shines brighter with modern technology. I have to ask though, how good was it?
Tomb Raider has always been a solid game. You can't say there were never any good one.
Anyway back to Halo. I like 343. I really like how much care they took with Halo, but the multiplayer was MLG out the [censored]. I hated it. Felt like call of duty watered down. And THAT is saying something.

I liked the campaign and it was one of my favs, but now Halo is just another overhyped shooter.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#9 Post by Schrodinger »

I have a question. Who is the other person on the cover art? If it's Sarah Palmer I'm going to burn every copy I find of this game.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#10 Post by The Rookie »

Schrodinger wrote:I have a question. Who is the other person on the cover art? If it's Sarah Palmer I'm going to burn every copy I find of this game.
Frank O'connor has said that the other person on the cover is not a woman, so we can hold back the torches for a little while at least. God damn, I hated her...

Has anyone else heard the statement that "The journey begins in 2014" ? So they sound like they're making a bride game like Spartan Assault or Halo ODST to keep fans happy for another year/make money of us. So far, Halo 2 anniversary seems like the most likely contender for this year, with a few terminal things thrown in for Halo 5, like they did with Halo anniversary in the lead up to Halo 4.

I don't know, so far 343i has disappoint me. I'm not just saying that because I'm Bungie fan boy or something, but their approach to game play and story telling is just off compared to previous titles.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#11 Post by Him »

SirSlaughter wrote:I liked the campaign and it was one of my favs, but now Halo is just another overhyped shooter.
Halo 3 was, is my favorite game. It always will be. After ODST, and that was barely, I stopped liking them as much. The further they went, the less I cared. I'll buy Halo 5 and play it on one of my friends' Xbox Ones then give him the game as payment. That is how I'm starting to feel about Halo.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#12 Post by Schrodinger »

The Rookie wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:I have a question. Who is the other person on the cover art? If it's Sarah Palmer I'm going to burn every copy I find of this game.
Frank O'connor has said that the other person on the cover is not a woman, so we can hold back the torches for a little while at least. God damn, I hated her...
Oh good, I'm not the only one that hated her guts.
The Rookie wrote:Has anyone else heard the statement that "The journey begins in 2014" ? So they sound like they're making a bride game like Spartan Assault or Halo ODST to keep fans happy for another year/make money of us. So far, Halo 2 anniversary seems like the most likely contender for this year, with a few terminal things thrown in for Halo 5, like they did with Halo anniversary in the lead up to Halo 4.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo ... ollection/ Do you mean this?
The Rookie wrote:I don't know, so far 343i has disappoint me. I'm not just saying that because I'm Bungie fan boy or something, but their approach to game play and story telling is just off compared to previous titles.
Agreed. Though the franchise was getting a bit stale when Bungie handed off the reigns. 343i just accelerated the decent.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#13 Post by Him »

Schrodinger wrote:Agreed. Though the franchise was getting a bit stale when Bungie handed off the reigns. 343i just accelerated the decent.
After ODST it was getting bad. I liked ODST because it was different than the others, even if slightly.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

Him wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Agreed. Though the franchise was getting a bit stale when Bungie handed off the reigns. 343i just accelerated the decent.
After ODST it was getting bad. I liked ODST because it was different than the others, even if slightly.
I liked ODST a little better than 3 because it told a smaller more intimate story without all the grandiose thematics.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#15 Post by The Rookie »

I liked ODST a little better than 3 because it told a smaller more intimate story without all the grandiose thematics.[/quote]
This^
ODST was probably my second favourite Halo game just for the story and character interaction. I also liked the setting a fair bit, New Mombassa was a very well done and quite a pretty and moody environment to play through, plus I loved how the Jazz infused orchestral music amplified that feeling tenfold.

If Halo 5 some how manages to pick up on these themes, plus improving the gameplay, rather than just catering heavily to the MLG audience, they'll have my support again. However, if we just get a repeat of Halo 4, I'm not going to be impressed.