PS4

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: PS4

#16 Post by Envy661 »

Nuff wrote:Only problem I see with the steam machine is knowing which one to get. It suffers in the same way the PC gaming suffers in that you are able to purchase games you may not be able to play (depending on your specs). This is something that cannot happen with a regular console.

Tbh, you can play nearly everything, even on a low-end computer, so long as it's not half a decade old. Take my laptop for example. I can play every game I have on Steam on it (Though I haven't tried Crysis 2). It's all a matter of toning back the graphics. I understand a lot of people don't want to do that, but still. The games are still playable.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#17 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote:
Nuff wrote:Only problem I see with the steam machine is knowing which one to get. It suffers in the same way the PC gaming suffers in that you are able to purchase games you may not be able to play (depending on your specs). This is something that cannot happen with a regular console.

Tbh, you can play nearly everything, even on a low-end computer, so long as it's not half a decade old. Take my laptop for example. I can play every game I have on Steam on it (Though I haven't tried Crysis 2). It's all a matter of toning back the graphics. I understand a lot of people don't want to do that, but still. The games are still playable.
*cough* Farcry 2 chugged along so badly that I literally couldn't use automatic weapons. It's a little bit older than my laptop. That's just one example.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#18 Post by Nuff »

You don't buy a game so you can play it on super ugly chugg chugg mode though

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#19 Post by Lief »

Envy, the PS4 and Xbone don't have backwards compatibility because they're an entirely different architecture. Meaning that to have backwards compatibility, they would literally need to have a PS3 or Xbox 360 inside them. In which case you'd be paying for two consoles and the price would be much higher. Not to mention they'd have more issues, and would have a tendency to overheat. They'd also be bigger and bulkier.

Emulators wouldn't work, either. It'd be the same as trying a PS3 or Xbox 360 emulator on your computer, it may work, but it's going to run like absolute [censored].

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by RobbieThe1st »

SirSlaughter wrote:ok just in case. This may not be true for the tech stores that some people may have around the area. But let's say you stop by a Gamestop to play the PS4.
The framerate isn't at constant 60FPS, the reason for that is because you aren't actually playing a PS4. You are staring at an empty shell of a PS4 while the games are actually being played on another device within the test unit. (I know this because I helped build the PS4 display this year).

So do not worry about the framerate problems. The great news is that my assistant manager at the Gamestop played battlefield 4 all night the day it came out, and not a single problem was had. The frames did not dip a single bit and his words were "It was a buttery smooth experience last night...I'm gonna go make love to my PS4 tonight to celebrate."

I'm not sure if it's the same thing with some other stores but if it's an official sony display, it's not an actual PS4. (They do this for security reasons and if someone steals it then the jokes on them).

It's was the same with the PS3 display as well. I didn't know it until we took it apart to make room for the PS4. It was an empty shell. (I wanted to make a computer out of it but they wouldn't let me have it.
Do you know what it was actually running on? That's more interesting to me than the actual console.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#21 Post by SirSlaughter »

RobbieThe1st wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:ok just in case. This may not be true for the tech stores that some people may have around the area. But let's say you stop by a Gamestop to play the PS4.
The framerate isn't at constant 60FPS, the reason for that is because you aren't actually playing a PS4. You are staring at an empty shell of a PS4 while the games are actually being played on another device within the test unit. (I know this because I helped build the PS4 display this year).

So do not worry about the framerate problems. The great news is that my assistant manager at the Gamestop played battlefield 4 all night the day it came out, and not a single problem was had. The frames did not dip a single bit and his words were "It was a buttery smooth experience last night...I'm gonna go make love to my PS4 tonight to celebrate."

I'm not sure if it's the same thing with some other stores but if it's an official sony display, it's not an actual PS4. (They do this for security reasons and if someone steals it then the jokes on them).

It's was the same with the PS3 display as well. I didn't know it until we took it apart to make room for the PS4. It was an empty shell. (I wanted to make a computer out of it but they wouldn't let me have it.
Do you know what it was actually running on? That's more interesting to me than the actual console.
From what I was told it's the bare bones hardware of a PS4 just barely needed to run the games and thats it. There is nothing else but I suppose the motherboard, CPU, GPU, and hard drive. That's what I was told.