Burial at Sea

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Burial at Sea

#1 Post by tony1695 »

This thread is for discussion and such about the Bioshock Infinite DLC, Burial at Sea, which takes us back to Rapture, the setting of the game that started it all.

It's being released in episodes, much like the Half-Life 2 Episodes. Hopefully we don't get stuck waiting seven years between releases...

I really enjoyed it, despite the first episode being quite short, around three hours non-stop (my estimate may be way off). The Splicers feel like Splicers, the setting is as dark and nerve-wracking as it was in the first game, and seeing Rapture before it collapsed into civil war is just beautiful.

I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment.

Let's keep discussion about how the episodes end in spoiler tags for at least a week after its release, okay? Don't want to spoil anything for anyone.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Zylver
Grand Templar

Re: Burial at Sea

#2 Post by Zylver »

Is it out there yet? :P I don't even remember when they will release it...
And yes, the main producer clearly stated, that the first episode will be 3 hours long... which some people say it's not much S:P
Will see it, once it comes out! :wink: And I want to see it soon! :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

Zylver wrote:Is it out there yet? :P I don't even remember when they will release it...
And yes, the main producer clearly stated, that the first episode will be 3 hours long... which some people say it's not much S:P
Will see it, once it comes out! :wink: And I want to see it soon! :grin:
It is out! And it is amazing~!
Gentlementlemen

Zylver
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Zylver »

Started playing it yesterday night.

Well... I got mixed feelings about it :? I mean, yeah it's good to be back in Rapture, but after the office scene when I entered into the city, Elizabeth disappeared and the flying cigar was the only clue she was there... there are an awful lot of bugs in the DLC or is it just me who have to reload last checkpoint every damn time when Elizabeth disappears or the script does not load or an elevator doesn't want to open? :|
And I think they improved the graphic as well... not because it's better, but because it lags like hell even on very very low graphics <.<
Anyway, will see if it truly worth it...

Update:

I finished the DLC and OH MY [censored] WOW!!!! :shock:
The developers made an awesome twist for the ending, and it is absolutely worthy of the name "Infinite" ;)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

Zylver wrote:Started playing it yesterday night.

Well... I got mixed feelings about it :? I mean, yeah it's good to be back in Rapture, but after the office scene when I entered into the city, Elizabeth disappeared and the flying cigar was the only clue she was there... there are an awful lot of bugs in the DLC or is it just me who have to reload last checkpoint every damn time when Elizabeth disappears or the script does not load or an elevator doesn't want to open? :|
And I think they improved the graphic as well... not because it's better, but because it lags like hell even on very very low graphics <.<
Anyway, will see if it truly worth it...
What the flying [censored] are you talking about? The only issue I had with Elizabeth was when she stranded me inside a closet by blocking the exit.
And the game never lagged for me once.
Gentlementlemen

Tanner.F
Traveler

#6 Post by Tanner.F »

Ive been watching Cryaotic play this on Youtube, It looks great! Ill have to try it myself, I really loved Infinite.