Twokinds Moba? Interesting idea

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

rebelshrub
Council Member

Twokinds Moba? Interesting idea

#1 Post by rebelshrub »

Champions of Twokinds
Just an idea but wouldn't it be fun? I mean like powers the person has, recorded quotes, and some good gameplay!

I figure the character list would go as such
Champions:
Trace Legacy (Skin for Templar Trace)
Flora
Keith
Natani
Red haired Guy
Sythe
(Etc... through char many chars like Templars and Basitan Generals )

Skills would be about 4 like a normal Moba. An example would be (Only example)
Trace Legacy
Sudden Strike: Brings down sword with sudden fury
Mana Drain: Charges Mana from surrounding area
Mana shield: Protect Target from damage for a small amount of time
(More or less the Ult) Rage: Trace has snapped and now shoots alot of magic and can move incredibly fast (Perhaps more attack power or illusions, but you get the gist)

Anyway I believe this would be a fun idea to toy around with, we already have someone making a game and I am only pointing out what I thought would be extremely cool. Please post ideas and comments!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: Twokinds Moba? Interesting idea

#2 Post by anonfox123 »

I always thought that TK would be better for a smash-brawl type thing. Stages like village streets, or whatever space on the Na'rella Keith and Natani were sparring in.

Each character would get a few unique attacks, ranged magic for humans, Keidran would take out bows...

And more like the Playstation Battle Royale, each character had finishers (the only way to eleiminate opponents and get points)

Trace would just have a single mana burst at level one, good for one elimination.
Level two he calls up those mana-dragons that burrow/skim along the ground and blow up, can catch multiple oppoents in their path
Level 3, he goes full on dark trace and automatically skewers anyone who isn't behind cover with his shadow tentacles.

I dunno, just my thoughts. And sorry if I'm off-topic, I never really like moba's anyway.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

rebelshrub
Council Member

#3 Post by rebelshrub »

*shrugs* Hey man any idea, just throw it out there. I am not a great fan of moba's ether, but a friend of mine wont play anything else T-T So I thought if there was a Twokinds Moba, then I would like it better. However your idea is something I would prefer much more!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#4 Post by anonfox123 »

heh, after seeing markiplier get so many fan-games, it feels unfair that Tom doesn't have any. :P

Another idea I had was a side-scrolling RPS, with leveling up and stats but also armaments like crossbows, magic used like guns... And of course swords. I dunno, cross Raze 2 and Armed with Wings 3 and you get a reasonable approximation of what I'm thinking of.

Yash
Administrator

#5 Post by Yash »

This is a very silly idea that would require a ton of resources and effort for no profit whatsoever. It would never happen ever.

*edit*

unless Tom won the lottery and invested in an actual game development team. (lol)
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#6 Post by Lief »

Yash wrote:unless Tom won the lottery and invested in an actual game development team. (lol)
Well, he could probably start a Kickstarter for it and make enough.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#7 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

You'd be better off modding an existing one, like how there's the Saber mod for Dota 2. A lot less work, and you'll get the main things you want anyway.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#8 Post by anonfox123 »

Figured this would be a good place to leave this:
anonfox123 wrote:
dzamie wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:As far as TF2 goes... Maybe play off the whole Eastern vs Western thing? Having non-basitin characters could be handwaved as hired mercs I guess.
In canon TF2, they're all mercs anyway, so that could work. You could separate the classes by country of origin and assign species from there: American (Scout, Solly, Engie), European (Spy, Demo, Medic), and Other (Sniper, Heavy [assume he's Siberian], Pyro). Pick a set to go to Basitins, a set for Humans, a set for Keidran. Personal preference, I'd go with American Humans, European Basitins, and Other Keidran.
I think maybe separate it with attack/defense/support, but your idea works to. Going by personality though, is a bit harder.

Scout: Keidran (fox?)
Pyro: Human
Soldier: Keidran (wolf)
Demoman: Basitin
Engi: Human (maybe Basitin)
Heavy: Keidran (tiger)
Medic: Basitin
Sniper: Basitin (maybe Human)
Spy: Human

Gosh, this almost needs it's own thread now...
************editbump************
An idea from the lastest comic: (nov 2)

Uncrating your loot...

You have found: Keith's Helmet!
On wearer: + Headshots count as bodyshot damage.
- Randomly spooked by vulpine ghosts.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#9 Post by Lief »

I don't think anyone would ever wear that.

rebelshrub
Council Member

#10 Post by rebelshrub »

Oh and why not? I would wear it, not for the bonus but for the look XD!

Oh and yeah, this is all hypothetical... but its nice to think about...