Terraria

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Terraria

#1 Post by Lief »

Yes, there is in fact another Terraria thread, it's back on Page 5.

With all the discussion about it going on in the "What Are You Currently Playing?" thread, I figured it would be a good time to start up a new Terraria thread.

So far I'm liking the new update. Got lots of cool stuff in it.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Terraria

#2 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Does indeed. Glad to be posting here.

From what I know I finished most of the endgame content, and am only missing out on several rare loot drops (from WoF and a new Hardmode Boss).

I started completely from scratch, and made sure to farm up. New crimson boss is hard as nails, and skeletron isn't really easy, but Destroyer, Plantera, and even WoF are all pushovers.

And I finally figured out how to get the guide to tell you what crafting station you need for to make what equipment... even though he doesn't tell you how to get it, which sucks. I hope the wiki will be feature complete soon.

Also, I'm hanging out in the Terraria IRC and with Odysseygamez again for a while, because Terraria PVP will be fun for me again for a while even though I can't host this time around because I live at University and don't have access to the router.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

So, I've heard a ton of good stuff about Terraria, like that it has more rewarding exploration than Minecraft in the long run, and that it's bonkers mad fun to play with friends. I might just get it, but I must ask: Is is Mac compatible?
EDIT: Alas, it is not! But at the same time, oh joy! There are Mac modders using Wineskin to make an online-working version of it! I think I have a new game to play while I wait for Star Citizen. :D

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

HeckobA
Master

#4 Post by HeckobA »

Oh this reminds me, I've downloaded the latest version! I'd like to join someone sometime somewhere for some fun.
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by EvilNinjadude »

HeckobA wrote:Oh this reminds me, I've downloaded the latest version! I'd like to join someone sometime somewhere for some fun.
I can't host servers, unfortunately, however if you have control over your Router it should be quite easy. All you need is the server executable, and you need to set up Port Forwarding and maybe a firewall exception, and you're set.

HeckobA
Master

#6 Post by HeckobA »

EvilNinjadude wrote:I can't host servers, unfortunately, however if you have control over your Router it should be quite easy. All you need is the server executable, and you need to set up Port Forwarding and maybe a firewall exception, and you're set.
Hmm, that would work if I could only remember/find our router password... Wanted to port forward for Supreme Commander too.
Edit: Oh and there's the issue of my internet connection being too slow possibly.
ImageImage

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by EvilNinjadude »

HeckobA wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:I can't host servers, unfortunately, however if you have control over your Router it should be quite easy. All you need is the server executable, and you need to set up Port Forwarding and maybe a firewall exception, and you're set.
Hmm, that would work if I could only remember/find our router password... Wanted to port forward for Supreme Commander too.
Edit: Oh and there's the issue of my internet connection being too slow possibly.
Warping isn't too terrible for Terraria if you overlevel like me.

Did you guys ever change the router password or is it admin/admin or admin/blank?

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#8 Post by LuckyMudman »

I had issues hosting Terraria to play with my friends, so I tried hamachi. It works as long as people have good hamachi connections.

I haven't tried tunngle or any other private network program, but I guess they should work too.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

HeckobA
Master

#9 Post by HeckobA »

Hooray, admin worked!
ImageImage

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by EvilNinjadude »

HeckobA wrote:Hooray, admin worked!
What do you mean? Can you finally host? Or can you finally run a part of the hosting system or the game itself that you couldn't before?