X Rebirth

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

X Rebirth

#1 Post by Envy661 »

It may be hard to get excited for it, what with Star Citizen a couple years away, but X Rebirth comes out November 15th, and I for one, am hyped.

Many of you may know the X series for its merciless learning curve and space sim sandbox environment, but X Rebirth promises to keep the difficulty of previous X games while making it much easier to actually get into for those just starting to learn.

The changes from this over previous X games are as follows:

-Space Cities. Not just stations. Bustling, large space cities... In Space. Each individual section supports a different function, and the overall scale of these cities is epic beyond words.

-Fast Travelling. Space Highways allow for an alternative to jump gates in the game, and can take you across the galaxy very quickly from what I understand. The best you could do in X3 was fly your ship from one jump gate to another and a very slow pace, and ships didn't come with jump drives.

-Full support from modding community. Like all X games, there is going to be a tonnage of aftermarket support for additional content.

-Walk around. You're not tied to just your ship. You can explore stations and walk on your character's own legs.

-Drones. As a benefit to the player, since you're stuck in the Albion Skunk the entire game, there are a variety of drones to choose from and operate via a VR system on your ship. If you miss Dogfights, use combat drones to recapture that glory without the penalty of death if it is destroyed. There are also shield and spy drones known so far, and I imagine there would be more types as well.

-Command your army. Every X game supported commanding your own personal faction after you reached the point where you could late game, but now instead of flying those bulky capital ships, you can sit on your bridge as the AI does it for you as you order them about. You can also remotely give orders from your skunk (Though that's not entirely new).

All in all, I am pretty excited for this. I feel like it will greatly tide me over until Star Citizen comes out. When it comes out.
Who else is interested?
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

HeckobA
Master

Re: X Rebirth

#2 Post by HeckobA »

Certainly interested. The game seems great! I think I've already mentioned this somewhere... but yeah. I've never played the X series games and decided to rather not get the older ones even though they're quite cheap atm (http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly, 2 days left atm). I already have lots to play and do, not gonna get into an older version now, even if it is good.
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3 Post by Envy661 »

HeckobA wrote:Certainly interested. The game seems great! I think I've already mentioned this somewhere... but yeah. I've never played the X series games and decided to rather not get the older ones even though they're quite cheap atm (http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly, 2 days left atm). I already have lots to play and do, not gonna get into an older version now, even if it is good.
Glad to see that with the talk of Star Citizen (Which I have also pledged for), I am not the only one who is interested in X Rebirth. It seems like it's going to be a great game, and with Star Citizen still years away, it's probably the best option out there right now.

Unless, you know, someone wants to start an EVE Online corp with me and actually slowly have it become recognized. But I can't say I'm the best EVE player, tbh.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#4 Post by ButterBall »

(Necropost? If so, sorry.)

I've been a fan of the X series since I was introduced to X2: The Threat, so I will definitely be getting the English collector's edition of Rebirth the moment I get a paycheck. If anything, this serves as a reminder to how far behind I've become as I still haven't even installed Albion Prelude yet. I swear, though, I will make my X3: Terran Conflict vanilla apocalypse happen!
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#5 Post by Envy661 »

ButterBall wrote:(Necropost? If so, sorry.)

I've been a fan of the X series since I was introduced to X2: The Threat, so I will definitely be getting the English collector's edition of Rebirth the moment I get a paycheck. If anything, this serves as a reminder to how far behind I've become as I still haven't even installed Albion Prelude yet. I swear, though, I will make my X3: Terran Conflict vanilla apocalypse happen!
With this rehash of the X series, I hope to actually be able to get into the series. I Loved Evochron Mercenary, but X3's learning curve was more annoying than EVE Online's so I had a hard time getting anywhere. Plus the game is pretty damn old... which isnt really a bad thing, but its really noticable.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#6 Post by Myperson54 »

I wasn't aware this was such a huge series. It sounds pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I bought my Origin 300i for Star Citizen yesterday, but I'll keep up with this and see if it's worth getting in the future.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!