Capcom nearly bankrupt.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Capcom nearly bankrupt.

#16 Post by Akira110 »

This is the thread for Capcom nearly being bankrupt, keep your call of Duty and EA hate out of the topic please... thank you.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#17 Post by Envy661 »

Akira110 wrote:This is the thread for Capcom nearly being bankrupt, keep your call of Duty and EA hate out of the topic please... thank you.
Perhaps you'll want to read my giant wall post, then. ;)
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#18 Post by Nuff »

Akira110 wrote:This is the thread for Capcom nearly being bankrupt, keep your call of Duty and EA hate out of the topic please... thank you.
You should have expected the topic to drift considering no one really gives a [censored] about Capcom going under.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#19 Post by Akira110 »

Nuff wrote:
You should have expected the topic to drift considering no one really gives a [censored] about Capcom going under.
Then why didn't you create your own topic?
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Akira110 wrote:
Nuff wrote:
Because it's related to the Issue at hand, even if less so than the original post, because it's still about other companies that may or may not be facing the same problem soon. Not related enough for you?

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21 Post by Akira110 »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
Akira110 wrote:
Nuff wrote:
Because it's related to the Issue at hand, even if less so than the original post, because it's still about other companies that may or may not be facing the same problem soon. Not related enough for you?
The difference between talking about mistakes companies are doing which are causing them to go bankrupt and blatantly hating on EA and Call of Duty are two different things.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#22 Post by judah4 »

Why would I care about capcom when I can directly give my money to the guys that made megaman for their kickstarter, Mighty no. 9 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... ighty-no-9

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#23 Post by Schrodinger »

CAPCOM is still announcing and releasing games but the statements from the men in charge, one of which I quoted earlier in this thread, demonstrate to me at least a lack of understanding. Shoveling out DLC like it's the answer to all their problems won't turn around their desperate financial state. They would need an international smash hit on the level of CoD or large investor backing to stay afloat.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by SirSlaughter »

Schrodinger wrote:CAPCOM is still announcing and releasing games but the statements from the men in charge, one of which I quoted earlier in this thread, demonstrate to me at least a lack of understanding. Shoveling out DLC like it's the answer to all their problems won't turn around their desperate financial state. They would need an international smash hit on the level of CoD or large investor backing to stay afloat.
So far:
THQ - Dead
Capcom - Status Critical

Who's next on the chopping block?

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#25 Post by Envy661 »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:CAPCOM is still announcing and releasing games but the statements from the men in charge, one of which I quoted earlier in this thread, demonstrate to me at least a lack of understanding. Shoveling out DLC like it's the answer to all their problems won't turn around their desperate financial state. They would need an international smash hit on the level of CoD or large investor backing to stay afloat.
So far:
THQ - Dead
Capcom - Status Critical

Who's next on the chopping block?
Off-Topic: You know you've been playing too much pyz when you read that as clopping block instead of chopping block *cringes*

Personally, I would HOPE EA will go next, but it's probably going to be........ I honestly don't know. But it's primarily independent companies unsupported by major publishers like Activision, EA, Sony, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and Microsoft.

Hell, it might even be Epic Games next for all we know.

It won't be Bioware, because Bioware is now officially owned by EA entirely. Just like DICE and Maxis.

EDIT: Well... If Dragon Age III flops, it might be Bioware. EA hasn't hesitated to cut ties with poorly developing companies before. And with TOR and Dragon Age II not doing too hot, especially TOR despite it's massive Star Wars fanbase, and let's not forget about Mass Effect 3's Day 1 DLC and sucky at-launch ending. I'd say Bioware might be next to go on the ropes. The sad part is... It's primarily EA's fault for this in the first place.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#26 Post by Lief »

Envy661 wrote:EDIT: Well... If Dragon Age III flops, it might be Bioware. EA hasn't hesitated to cut ties with poorly developing companies before. And with TOR and Dragon Age II not doing too hot, especially TOR despite it's massive Star Wars fanbase, and let's not forget about Mass Effect 3's Day 1 DLC and sucky at-launch ending. I'd say Bioware might be next to go on the ropes. The sad part is... It's primarily EA's fault for this in the first place.
Unlikely. Bioware's founders have left, which makes it a very malleable company now. No one left in Bioware is going to fight EA to get things done their way instead of EA's way. And, even with the ME3 snafu, Mass Effect still has a large fanbase.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#27 Post by Akira110 »

As much as I REALLY hate to say it and I do... EA has the highest chance aside from SEGA and Nintendo of staying afloat this console generation. Though Square-Enix does have a good chance of doing so. As much as everyone hates on EA, they most likely will make it to the ninth console generation.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#28 Post by Envy661 »

Akira110 wrote:As much as I REALLY hate to say it and I do... EA has the highest chance aside from SEGA and Nintendo of staying afloat this console generation. Though Square-Enix does have a good chance of doing so. As much as everyone hates on EA, they most likely will make it to the ninth console generation.
No one is disagreeing.
Sometimes, I really wish back when Microsoft wanted to buy EA, the government would have allowed them to... But that would have made them a Monopoly.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq