GTA V

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

GTA V

#1 Post by Tuna »

Just received my copy of the LE yesterday - spent all night driving around, barely making a tiny dent in the map XD

So, anyone else decided to return to the "City of Saints"? What do you think of it?
:kathrin:

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: GTA V

#2 Post by Insomniac »

I'm hoping to get this game some time in the next few months, either for my brother's birthday, mine a little over a week later, or christmas. For now, I got my usual hookup on YouTube. This game is like weaponized crack cocaine, I haven't even TOUCHED it yet and I'm hopelessly addicted.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#3 Post by Nuff »

I picked it up today. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it proves to be better than GTA4 which in my opinion was one of the worst in the series.

xamali
Grand Templar

#4 Post by xamali »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:"Want to go bowling cousin?"
Check this out. :wink:
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#5 Post by Nuff »

SO, I've been playing GTA5 on and off and so far it has proven to be better than GTA4. I'm impressed with the work the team did on creating the city and landscapes, it truely does look amazing and the details they have put intot he background as far as products and the radio stations etc. is exceptional. The leading characters are pretty well written and it's often entertaining to watch them durring cut scenes even though I'm not 100% sold on switching between playable characters, it's made the experience feel a little disjointed. Despite this I have found it a little tedious, I dont know what I was expecting but GTA5 still just feels liek a rehash of what has gone before and remains firmly in the shadow of Vice City much like every game since then. Sandbox twatting around can only entertain one for so long and the very restrictive missions take away from the feel of doing whatever you feel like and thus they do end up feeling rather boring. Even with the new heists your choices really aren't important and it ends up being a choice between 2 ways of doing the mission. It's a problem with all GTA games, but you'd think that they'd have moved along with the format by this point.

It's a little depressing to think that my favourite moment in this game so far has been going to the cinema and watching "The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain" instead of an actual gaming moment. I think that's the real problem with GTA5. Sure it looks amazing, the production values and beyond amazing the voice acting and all the work on the radio and the world itself are all top notch. As a game though? It's pretty meh.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Insomniac »

Major necropost, but. Just last month I finally got this game on PS3, and a few days ago got a headset finally. So if any of my fellow console peasants are still playing on PS3, my gamertag there is InsomniacFurre, just like on XBox.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#7 Post by HugMePlz »

Grand Theft Auto IV was very fun. I thought I could experience the same fun in Grand Theft Auto V, but the game is too laggy for my computer, even though I have turbo boost enabled. (for the record, I have a Intel Celeron N2840 processor clocked at 2.16GHz and turbo boost clocks it up to ~2.6GHz.)

i lurk

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

HugMePlz wrote:Grand Theft Auto IV was very fun. I thought I could experience the same fun in Grand Theft Auto V, but the game is too laggy for my computer, even though I have turbo boost enabled. (for the record, I have a Intel Celeron N2840 processor clocked at 2.16GHz and turbo boost clocks it up to ~2.6GHz.)
Oh good lord, that's even older than my processor. What graphics card are you using? I feel like this game might also suffer from that.

I'd love to play it on my PC, but my Core2 Quad won't handle it, although the R9 270X I have will run the graphics well. In the meantime I have a campaign running on my PS3; The first game I've played on that thing in almost 2 years. It's pretty great.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#9 Post by Envy661 »

Myperson54 wrote:
HugMePlz wrote:Grand Theft Auto IV was very fun. I thought I could experience the same fun in Grand Theft Auto V, but the game is too laggy for my computer, even though I have turbo boost enabled. (for the record, I have a Intel Celeron N2840 processor clocked at 2.16GHz and turbo boost clocks it up to ~2.6GHz.)
Oh good lord, that's even older than my processor. What graphics card are you using? I feel like this game might also suffer from that.

I'd love to play it on my PC, but my Core2 Quad won't handle it, although the R9 270X I have will run the graphics well. In the meantime I have a campaign running on my PS3; The first game I've played on that thing in almost 2 years. It's pretty great.
Yeah man, the processor is OLD AS [censored]. It's completely understandable that you wouldn't be able to play it. You need AT LEAST a processor with 2 cores at 3.0GHz. I'm using a pentium Anniversary dual core overclocked to 3.8GHz and it suits my needs for all but the most unoptimized games.

That processor will run you about $75.

The biggest thing that will kill you in GTA V isn't your processor though, although it is important. It's your graphic's card that's going to kill you. I only have a 750Ti NVIDIA card, and I can't run the game at full graphical fidelity. My card cost about $120, IIRC.

I also have 8GB of regular RAM, which is a requirement for nearly all modern games. What do you have?
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#10 Post by Myperson54 »

Envy661 wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:

Yeah man, the processor is OLD AS [censored]. It's completely understandable that you wouldn't be able to play it. You need AT LEAST a processor with 2 cores at 3.0GHz. I'm using a pentium Anniversary dual core overclocked to 3.8GHz and it suits my needs for all but the most unoptimized games.

That processor will run you about $75.

The biggest thing that will kill you in GTA V isn't your processor though, although it is important. It's your graphic's card that's going to kill you. I only have a 750Ti NVIDIA card, and I can't run the game at full graphical fidelity. My card cost about $120, IIRC.

I also have 8GB of regular RAM, which is a requirement for nearly all modern games. What do you have?
I have 4GB of DDR2 ram myself, which works but is extremely slow. I'll be upgrading to 8GB DDR3 and an i5 when I get my new motherboard. That also means USB 3.0 and hopefully less bottlenecking. Maybe I'll get a very small SSD as well. The 270x will run GTAV perfectly well, but my proc won't cut it.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#11 Post by puredeathly »

My PC would be good enough for GTA V (i7-4790K, 8GB RAM, R9 280X) and I would buy it if it had Linux support... (I have Windows 10 as dual boot but I don't want to reboot just for playing GTA V...)

-Jakob

asphere8
Master

#12 Post by asphere8 »

I've unfortunately got 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro, but with an MSI MS-7751 motherboard loaded with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 4-core I5-3450 of the Ivybridge generation at 3.7GHz and an 8GB AMD R9 290 GPU. GTAV still has issues with stuttering when driving fast or in populated areas. I suspect it's CPU-gated as my CPU runs at 100% at all times. I'll be getting a new motherboard, CPU, and potentially some more RAM throughout the next year or two.
Hopefully I can get GTA5 to run well then.

Anyone know who owns that GTAV PC "TwoKinds Fans" crew? It's invite-only and there's two members.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#13 Post by HugMePlz »

Myperson54 wrote:
Intel HD Graphics Revision E by Toshiba.

i lurk