To the Moon

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

To the Moon

#1 Post by Envy661 »

It. Is. Amazing.
Let me start by saying that. Let me also iterate. I am a really story-driven person, to the point where there can be no gameplay if you have a story that moves me enough. That is why, despite it not actually being a game, I loved Dear Esther.

To compare this game, in my book... It is as good as the Anime Clannad was. It had as much heart in it as the anime movie Summer Wars. It had as much character depth and emotional play as Katawa Shoujo. This game joins all of those titles at takes the spot of #3 as one of the Best Stories I have ever had the courtesy to play through (Clannad being Number 1. Katawa Shoujo being Number 2. The Too the Moon, Summer Wars is tied with The Eureka Seven Movie: Pocketful of Rainbows).

I recommend this game. No. I declare for the world to know: If you haven't played this game, then you don't know what story in a game is all about. You have to right to judge the stories of other games if you have not played To The Moon. So I recommend it.

Those who have played it... Your thoughts?
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: To the Moon

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

This game honestly does look pretty good, if a few reviews are anything to go by. Also, I'm of the same mind as you are, Envy. I enjoy... various media, I suppose... with good stories and solid worldbuilding, which is why I enjoy To Aru Kagaku No Railgun and Tales of the Quester so much. (TotQ my god...) It's the same reason I enjoy Halo, and the reason I actually pushed through the pain-in-[censored] Metroid Fusion. It's the reason I didn't like Mirror's Edge as much as I could have. Storytelling is, more often than not, the deciding factor in determining if I like a game. Of course, if the gameplay is really really bad, as in the case of, well, Metroid Fusion, I might stop playing. (Although I did finish that one, tbh.)

Well, I think I've had my chance to speak, but I'll give it a try. I do enjoy a good old RPG every once in a while!

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

HeckobA
Master

#3 Post by HeckobA »

Some people might be like 'meh' (my sister was when she tried the game) but I can get quite caught up in the emotion in games and this game has lots of it. Dear esther was interesting. Not particularly great but not bad. Katawa Shoujo... <3! Think it's nuff said that I (am pretty sure I) got to every single scene in the game.

To the moon was quite moving and I love the soundtrack which I downloaded and listen to from time to time.
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#4 Post by Envy661 »

Myperson54 wrote:This game honestly does look pretty good, if a few reviews are anything to go by. Also, I'm of the same mind as you are, Envy. I enjoy... various media, I suppose... with good stories and solid worldbuilding, which is why I enjoy To Aru Kagaku No Railgun and Tales of the Quester so much. (TotQ my god...) It's the same reason I enjoy Halo, and the reason I actually pushed through the pain-in-[censored] Metroid Fusion. It's the reason I didn't like Mirror's Edge as much as I could have. Storytelling is, more often than not, the deciding factor in determining if I like a game. Of course, if the gameplay is really really bad, as in the case of, well, Metroid Fusion, I might stop playing. (Although I did finish that one, tbh.)

Well, I think I've had my chance to speak, but I'll give it a try. I do enjoy a good old RPG every once in a while!
You have an unnatural hatred of Metroid Fusion... Which is weird, because it played exactly like Zero Mission, Metroid II, and Super Metroid.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!