Battlefield 4.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Gamal

Re: Battlefield 4.

#1 Post by Gamal »

The grenade launchers?

I believe that they have slow firing speed, little impact damage, slow projectile speed, slow Reload speed - And do 50% less damage to infantry. (but will apply heavy suppression, like only the MGs,LMGs and TMG's/HMGs can do.

Regular weapons no longer apply suppression - (what little they do, is nothing but a screen shake, no loss of acuracy any more against light weapons.)

They are most likely just the infantry weapon against all the light and heavy armoured veichles in the game. And for deploying things like smoke, flares (Not sure about this one), sensors, and explosives.

Most of this is just something I've gathered from a few alpha videos I've seen - And as such, may not be accurate.

Glad to be of help.
-Gamal.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#2 Post by Envy661 »

To be honest, after Battlefield 3, I've had a hard time getting hyped for this. However, once I get a PS4, I will probably wind up getting it anyway.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#3 Post by judah4 »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:Played the beta today. I'm actually liking it so far. It goes public tomorrow I believe, so I'll see what all the normal players are like.
I like the beta too but I am getting really frustrated with the directx errors I'm getting. I was able to play bf3 fine until around when the last dlc pack came out and then it would crash on start 9 times out of 10, usually from a triple swap chain error. Since it followed me to bf4, it makes it nearly unplayable for me and really is the biggest factor from me pre-ordering it. :|

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Insomniac »

Just found out through an email that Microsoft is doing a free weekend of XBoxLive Gold this weekend. I could be playing the B4 beta RIGHT NOW. But the family is using the TV for netflix. Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

DragonTamer1
Apprentice
Location: Filling the skies with burning wreckage from my doomed plane

#5 Post by DragonTamer1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzIg_GJoPE

Game play vids are already being posted.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#6 Post by Insomniac »

I played it over the weekend, and...It just seemed so BORING to me. Maybe I didn't play it enough, but I was limited to the same loadout on each class the entire time. Did I not play it enough?
In any case, there's more to it than that. The Conquest map is just too damn large for such a small number of players. yes, I know it's a good amount of players, but on a map that big, it just seemed small. The absolute WORST thing a game can do is bore the players. Even being anger inducingly frustrating is better, at least then I know I'd remember it for more than a week after. But this...Maybe the simgleplayer will be better. I hope it will. But this was just an overall dull experience for me.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

DragonTamer1
Apprentice
Location: Filling the skies with burning wreckage from my doomed plane

#7 Post by DragonTamer1 »

Well now, I'm the exact opposite. I don't like small maps and the feeling of being overwhelmed when I play on them. I prefer larger maps where the fight is more spread out because I can do a much better threat assessment and take care of targets without worrying if someone is behind me.

I'm sure there will be small maps in the rotation as well but they are probably not the highlight of the multiplayer (or possibly not finished...).

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#8 Post by Insomniac »

DragonTamer1 wrote:Well now, I'm the exact opposite. I don't like small maps and the feeling of being overwhelmed when I play on them. I prefer larger maps where the fight is more spread out because I can do a much better threat assessment and take care of targets without worrying if someone is behind me.

I'm sure there will be small maps in the rotation as well but they are probably not the highlight of the multiplayer (or possibly not finished...).
That's just it though, I don't like small maps like in the other mode either. I LIKE the big sprawling maps, I jsut ened them to be more populated.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#9 Post by judah4 »

Insomniac wrote:
DragonTamer1 wrote:Well now, I'm the exact opposite. I don't like small maps and the feeling of being overwhelmed when I play on them. I prefer larger maps where the fight is more spread out because I can do a much better threat assessment and take care of targets without worrying if someone is behind me.

That's just it though, I don't like small maps like in the other mode either. I LIKE the big sprawling maps, I jsut ened them to be more populated.
yeah, the 64 man battles are great on large maps with hot spots where fighting happens often

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#10 Post by Insomniac »

It's like...This beta, the small map was overcrowded, and the large map was too sparsely populated. Y'guys know what I"m saying?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11 Post by Schrodinger »

Insomniac wrote:It's like...This beta, the small map was overcrowded, and the large map was too sparsely populated. Y'guys know what I"m saying?
Yes I do and it all looks like [censored] on consoles.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Divenity
Council Member

#12 Post by Divenity »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:Been playing more of the beta, here's my opinions.

2. DMR's need a slight nerf. Doing 33 minimum damage a shot with a fire rate of 300RPM, and very low recoil makes these weapons as bad as carbines on the recon kit. Especially...
3. The RFB need Retcon From Battlefield. With a burst fire mode and sporting an INSANE 300+RPM and a BURST fire mode, it's minimum 30 damage a shot makes it too powerful as a DMR. If not that, then move it to a battlefield pickup weapon, like the USAS-12.
The DMRs were actually more powerful in BF3 than they are in BF4 and they were pretty well balanced in that game. They use to do 50 max to 34, now they do 43-30. DMRs use to kill in 2 chest shots out to 60m and one headshot at 50m, with a maximum of 3 bodyshots or 2 headshots to kill at lowest damage. Now it's a minumum of 3 bodyshots at max damage, and 4 bodyshots past 62m. The DMRs are also no longer capable of one headshot kills at any range, always requiring two.

I love the RFB IRL, and I was very much looking forward to using it, and it's currently my most used weapon in the beta with the MK11 Mod 0 not far behind it... But, they are both weak as hell, I can't justify using any DMR seriously once the game comes out. They have already taken a pretty hefty nerf from BF3, and as they are now, I feel like they are bordering on useless... Also you said the RFB had burst firemode? No it doesn't? It can IRL, but not in game.

Also #7 is completely false, DICE isn't that stupid... so you can rest easy.

Divenity
Council Member

#13 Post by Divenity »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:
Divenity wrote:
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Been playing more of the beta, here's my opinions.

2. DMR's need a slight nerf. Doing 33 minimum damage a shot with a fire rate of 300RPM, and very low recoil makes these weapons as bad as carbines on the recon kit. Especially...
3. The RFB need Retcon From Battlefield. With a burst fire mode and sporting an INSANE 300+RPM and a BURST fire mode, it's minimum 30 damage a shot makes it too powerful as a DMR. If not that, then move it to a battlefield pickup weapon, like the USAS-12.
The DMRs were actually more powerful in BF3 than they are in BF4 and they were pretty well balanced in that game. They use to do 50 max to 34, now they do 43-30. DMRs use to kill in 2 chest shots out to 60m and one headshot at 50m, with a maximum of 3 bodyshots or 2 headshots to kill at lowest damage. Now it's a minumum of 3 bodyshots at max damage, and 4 bodyshots past 62m. The DMRs are also no longer capable of one headshot kills at any range, always requiring two.

I love the RFB IRL, and I was very much looking forward to using it, and it's currently my most used weapon in the beta with the MK11 Mod 0 not far behind it... But, they are both weak as hell, I can't justify using any DMR seriously once the game comes out. They have already taken a pretty hefty nerf from BF3, and as they are now, I feel like they are bordering on useless... Also you said the RFB had burst firemode? No it doesn't? It can IRL, but not in game.

Also #7 is completely false, DICE isn't that stupid... so you can rest easy.
Really? huh. Well, that's nice to know. That's seems more fair than bf3's sparadic damage. I still think they need a firing cap. Their current cap lacking abusers number extremely high, like M417 or SKS users from bf3.

Alright. On the burst mode, I heard that froma friend when I said RFB out loud. So he confused me on that. One smart player must have been lobbing three shots bursts for quite some time then.

Thank all of the gods simultaniously.
I don't like the damage they do now, because they get outgunned by other weapons at every range. Up close? AR's and Carbines do better, medium range? AK-12/SCAR-H will still win. Long range, bolt actions are still better. The only fight you will win with a DMR is at like 150m+ against an assault rifle... they are too situational... there is nothing they are actually good at.

The DMRs can fire quickly, but if you take shots too fast their accuracy degrades at an extraordinary rate... to the point where you can miss your mark by a foot easy at ~10m after a couple shots if you just spam it.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#14 Post by Sable Dove »

Just one question: Are shotguns designed weirdly like in every other modern shooter? That is, ridiculously high damage at ridiculously short range, and crap damage past that, or can they actually do reasonable damage at medium ranges?

Can you actually use them in a fight, or are they relegated to camping/ambushing duty?
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Divenity(accrecov)

#15 Post by Divenity(accrecov) »

Sable Dove wrote:Just one question: Are shotguns designed weirdly like in every other modern shooter? That is, ridiculously high damage at ridiculously short range, and crap damage past that, or can they actually do reasonable damage at medium ranges?

Can you actually use them in a fight, or are they relegated to camping/ambushing duty?
They are exactly like that, assuming you're using buckshot. They can one shot kill up close, but past like 10m they are useless... If you use slugs they do decent damage at range, but can't one shot kill up close if the opponent is running with the armor perk(if not they can be ohk'd by slugs), so it's a tradeoff.
Main account irrecoverably locked. No, I didn't violate the forum rules, I changed my email address to try and fix an issue with topic reply notifications, and the reactivation email won't go through. So I'll be posting from here until I can get it fixed.