Battlefield 4.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Divenity(accrecov)

Re: Battlefield 4.

#16 Post by Divenity(accrecov) »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:The main problem with the game(earlier gripes aside) is it's randomly making my Xbox 360 freeze. Unlike ANY other game I've played. EVen bf3, in extremely hectic moments, have I had 2 freezes. This one has given me 8.
The game was made for next gen and PC. I never expected it to run well on current gen consoles and I'm pretty sure DICE stressed that it wouldn't run well on them.... in fact I would be extremely disappointed if it did run well on current gen, because that would mean they tanked the quality of the game just to make it work on current consoles that aren't it's real target audience.

You have to remember, this is a game made in 2013, running on a console built to budget standards 8 years ago... they can only bring the graphics floor so low before it requires lowering the ceiling as well... I'm honestly surprised they got it to run on those consoles at all.
Main account irrecoverably locked. No, I didn't violate the forum rules, I changed my email address to try and fix an issue with topic reply notifications, and the reactivation email won't go through. So I'll be posting from here until I can get it fixed.

Divenity
Council Member

Re: Battlefield 4.

#17 Post by Divenity »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:As I type, I'm gathering up points for a bf4 review.
I realize this thread is dead, but I'd like for people to also give reviews on this game, as too many companies are not giving intermediate reviews anymore. Games either suck, or are awesome to them.

My thoughts on the game are as follows...

The game is pretty good when it isn't crashing (I almost never crash, but some people have serious issues). The gunplay is well done and feels "natural", a definite improvement over BF3, aside from some minor hit detection issues. The weapons and classes are decently balanced, again, a decent improvement over BF3, Assault is not overpowered anymore and recon is useful for something other than sniping. There's a couple minor bugs that need working out, but most of them have been taken care of so far, the game is in a lot better place than when it launched.

The game is not perfect by any means, it has it's issues, to name a few...

* The scout helicopter being all but invulnerable when two engineers are sitting on the sides with repair tools and the repair perk. Ruins the flow of the game.

* Active radar missiles on the mobile anti-aircraft, too easy to use, unlimited range.

* Stealth jets having horrible maneuverability, making them all but worthless (attack jet does everything better) with the exception of the SU-50(RU) which for whatever reason makes turns 3x faster than the others.

* Attack helicopters feel like you're flying a slab of concrete in terms of maneuverability...

SO yeah, that's about it.