[minecraft] Twokinds server beta ( ~50 mods w/ customs mods)

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

jeje3030
Traveler

[minecraft] Twokinds server beta ( ~50 mods w/ customs mods)

#1 Post by jeje3030 »

UPDATED: 25/07/2013
EDIT: please post to say if you're interested ! I think it's a good way to support me and help me to choose a dedicated server which can handle everyone interested.
hi !
I just finished the developpement stage 1 of my minecraft twokinds server.
The server has many mod which are adding a lot of gameplay elements (magic, a lot of mobs).
A launcher is up to install all the mods and let you play without delete or overwrite your current minecraft.
it's still in beta so don't come to play but to test and help ^^. Before open the server to public and remove the beta status (and publish the website which is created but not hosted) i need the twokinds minecraft world map (the only I know is made by lehz but he don't reply after my P.M and e-mail).

A quick list of mods (i can't post the complete list which is very loooooooooooooog and annoying):
ComputerCraft(for administration only) , VanillaShields, Forge, BiblioCraft, RPGInventoryMod, CatapultMod,
TKjeje3030Music, RPGRB, Netherrocks, TwilightForest, MineFantasy, Car
pentersBlocks, RPGMS, RPGPlusPlus, MoCreatures, CustomNpcs(for EPIC RP QUEST AND NPC !), ArsMagica(MAGIC !), DamageIndicatorsMod(mob Health bar), Thaumcraft, SimpleOres, Chisel, MTech_jeje3030_edition(original_version_by_yagoki),
and more... (rei_minimap, mod dismemberrment, .....). (there is 50 mods at all but I'm not sure (I don't have a real list of them because some mod are packed in other xD))
As you can see, there is a custom mod made by me : TKjeje3030Music, it provide server triggered music on the client with automatic musics download from website. I can make other mods(than the ones planned ) if you want.

To test please download: http://jeje3030.legtux.org/TK/bin/launcher.jar (sorry i've forgotten to translate the launcher because i've created it for another server which was french but the buttons are in the same place, it's no hard to understand) . I know there is not a lot of things to do on the server atm, ecxept play with installed mods.... To be operator (and so creative mode) ask me.

And sorry, I've enough money to host the server on a dedicated machine with 20 slots, but not for the beta stage so the server is only up the weekend, wednesday and some day in the evening on my personal computer, so it will be a bit laggy i think(paris, london timezone)
So when it's night for you it's day for me. (I think you live near USA like Tom, if not, it's better for the ping and to talk) :(
The ip is integrated in the game.
Enjoy the server and if someone can build the map it will be awesome !
Don't worry, you can play but don't forget that your buildings will be erased when the real map will be installed. Just a detail : the twokinds map(so the map where you will spawn) will be locked and nobody will be able to build on this one, but there is the twilight_forest_dimension where you will be able to do that. if you know good mods or better than thes ones here, just say.

DEVELOPPEMENT STAGES :
-[1] Installing mods, fix compatibility issues, create the first custom mod. [DONE]
-[2] Open the server in beta stage, ask for the map, continue to developp the second mod (the main mod which manage species(keidran, basitins, humans) automaticaly, because atm it's manual) [DONE]
-[3] program the last mod which add custom recipies (very simple to make)[DONE], and expend possibilities of RPG inventory mod. (and by the way link this mod to ARS magica to create synthetic mana crystal for example) [DONE]
-[4] get the finished map (adapt existing quests and create new quests) [must build cities,villages...]
-[5] verify the mod pack, open the server to public. [SOON]

if someone can help me, know the java language and minecraftforge modding, just tell me, there is enough work for few persons (of course when the server will be open, you will be grant to admin). Atm if somemone can make a custom recipe mode which allow creating recipes with a command, it will be very appreciated, because I will make it in the dev stage 3 and I'm only in the beginning of stage 2..... But the most important thing I can't make it's the map, a very large and perfect map like lehz's one. ^^
UPDATE: Now you can make bukkit plugins or forge mods !

I hope I've correctly explained, if not just say, I will explain differently.I've a microphone and skype, but I don't want to talk, because I've an horrible english accent, I'm sometime slow to make sentences... (I'm still better in english than my whole class :D ) But if it's needed I can try..

NEWS : (20/07/2013)
Spoiler!
It's finished, and i can make improvement server-side if i want.
KNOWN ISSUES
Spoiler!
Sometimes npc's reputations are not initialized correctly, don't worry, it's server side and easy to fix.
License (and legal annoying stuff):
-You can modify and distribute the mod i've created but you can decompile them to learn how it work and then know how to do it yourself.
-Each mod have their own license, please read them.
-Each mod are owned by their author.
-The launcher is not a modpack, it's a complete conversion of minecraft (and please don't steal my work; you can use them on your server with written permission (I'm talking about launcher, customs mods)).
-By playing on this server you accept these license and minecraft's license.

The license is here but you can easly ask me to use my mod and i will answer often yes. And the other mod can be used too, just read their license (i know i said this 1000 times but now you can't forget xD). if one of the mod's authors don't want to his mod be used on this server, i will delete it.

if the server is not up so you can't connect, it's because I sleep(or I'm not at home, it's summer holydays, and I can't stay behind my computer all the holydays ) or I just forget to turn it on. Sent me a message on my skype account (jeje3030) or on this post to remember me.

It's the biggest post I've ever written !

The team:
-Me.
-but may be you soon. ^^

Thanks for reading and for [INSERT THINGS YOU HAVE DONE] !
Don't forget: i love put (some) paranthesis (everywhere) in my (text) messages.
This is why I don't talk very much :

philip284
Apprentice

Re: [minecraft] Twokinds server beta ( ~50 mods w/ customs m

#2 Post by philip284 »

I can help with administration. And if you want a place to host the server till you get the dedicated machine. I may be able to provide that too. I also can mod, so if you need some help just tell me. I haven't worked with forge yet just bukkit for server mods, but I have been looking for an excuse to learn it.
If a tree falls in the woods, but no one is around to hear it, does it still kill the squirrel it landed on?
ImageImage

jeje3030
Traveler

#3 Post by jeje3030 »

philip284 wrote:I can help with administration. And if you want a place to host the server till you get the dedicated machine. I may be able to provide that too. I also can mod, so if you need some help just tell me. I haven't worked with forge yet just bukkit for server mods, but I have been looking for an excuse to learn it.
great !
so yes I live in france and the beta server is on my computer, I tested with a friend and it's a bit laggy. If you have a better internet connection and computer than mine it's a good thing and I think I can sent you the server. But you need to enable RCON(I know it's unsecure) and set up a ftp server too so I can edit and add mod.

About learning minecraftforge, don't worry it's very simple and if you know how to create mod with modloader , it's similar. I'm not bad at forge modding but sometimes programming a forge mod is slower than edit base classes, I know it's bad but for the main menu I edited base classes for example. I mean by that you can program like you want if it work. Like I said in my first post, I need someone to make an universal forgemod which provide in-game command-added recipies. (it's not very important at the moment)

I don't know how to do that, but it may be nice if we can have the same code, because it will be hard to program mod with several persons simultaneously.

Atm i'm programming a main mod that control if you're basitins/keidran/human and add TK items like mana crystal. I think it 's better if I program it alone, I think I will do bad thing like edit other mod classes and add some classes if there is no API (I think to RPG inventory which have no API)...
Feel free to create a mod you find cool and give me it so I can install it on the server. ( for example use Ars-magica API to add spell used by Trace or any character... Or add items/blocks missing on the server but present on the comic).
Don't forget to connect on the server and look at item list before creating a mod.
______
it's completely off topic: I use often the "program" verb, but can someone tell me if the "code"("i'm coding" for example) verb exist ?

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#4 Post by judah4 »

Programming, coding, which ever you prefer. :P If you really want to you could say writing a math base language that controls the computer

philip284
Apprentice

#5 Post by philip284 »

Well right now I have a vps that runs a bukkit server, but the server is low traffic(rarely gets more than 1 person on a day). Heres the ip for it: 172.245.33.144. I can probably take it down and put this up. I never made a mod with modloader either just bukkit. I know with bukkit adding recipes is really easy. Can be done in 3 lines.

I'm not so sure about how I feel about forge. There has been stuff I wanted to use it for, but I really hate managing mods and that a lot of the mods you have listed could also be done in bukkit. At least with great effort. Now some things we couldn't have, like custom blocks or items or playing music in at specific times(unless you want it to be all note block music playing). But there would be alternatives to doing it. Like for instance; I'm building a minecart station and wanted to have some form of ticket. So I just took paper and named it ticket. Now in the plugin you could see if there is a item named that and use it. I still have to get to making a plugin and would make it so there was a blacklist of item names when you name via anvil. Then again I had no use of forge before so I may love it after this.

You should also put bukkitforge in your list of server side mods, if you don't already have it. Just so you can get worldedit, worldguard, and maybe mcmmo. Also the econ/permission plugins would help round the server out.(don't know much about forge, so I don't know how much of this stuff exists)

I may get around to writing an online ide that is like google docs where you can see the place that the person is editing.(but don't count on it)
If a tree falls in the woods, but no one is around to hear it, does it still kill the squirrel it landed on?
ImageImage

jeje3030
Traveler

#6 Post by jeje3030 »

I have already created bukkit plugins, and I agree it's very easy and simple. I prefer bukkit plugins than forge mods but sometimes there are things you can only do with a mod.

To add a recipe with minecraft forge it's just 1 line :

Code: Select all

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Blocks.foo),"XXX", "XYX", "XZX", 'X', new ItemStack(Block.bar, 1, 2), 'Y', new ItemStack(Items.things, 1, 0), 'Z', Item.otherthings);
I tried to connect to your bukkit server, it work but the map download is very slow for me and sometimes I get read timed out errors. But it's not important, if it work better for a lot of persons. And I think more persons will come help us if the server uptime is better than mine.

jeje3030
Traveler

#7 Post by jeje3030 »

It's been a long time I've not replied to this topic. but the project is not dead ! It's almost finished. I just need the map and 1 mod which is not very important, I must ask RPG inventory 's source code to add feature like mana crystal....(because decompiled code is too hard to read); The mods list is outdated, there is a lot of new mods and a lot of plugins. I'm still working on the server don't worry, I don't want this TK server closed like the one before. The website is almost done too, I have to add the specie-selector... (keidran, basitins, human)
I don't upload the update on the website, because it's useless the server has a poor uptime and no player atm because it's hosted on my computer...

jeje3030
Traveler

#8 Post by jeje3030 »

It's finished ! I'm making a video to show you all of the server's mods and plugins features.
I still need the TK map(worldpainter is the best way to do this) and I will find and pay a dedicated machine when I have the map and few interested players.
edit: I will update the mods list and add the plugins list soon.
EDIT2: I completly forgot about making the video sorry, I'll make it tomottow. btw, I just added customnpc <=> website synchronisation server-side. It mean keidran npc will attack templar npc now.

jeje3030
Traveler

#9 Post by jeje3030 »

The video is done but it's poor quality and i've a very bad accent.
Please enable annotation, so i can correct what i said in the video if i'm wrong. The sub-titles are completly messed-up because of youtube which can't synchronize what i'm saying and what is written(so don't try to enable them, or you will not understand a word of what they're saying).... I talk in english so it's understandable, but i'm too stressed and make a lot of mistakes that i don't make while i'm speaking with someone i know in english. So don't expect quality, just watch to see features...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpFgWpXGlo

I still need the map, i will try, but i think i'm bad in map-making. Please post to say if you're interested so i can choose a good dedicated server which can handle everyone..
Spoiler!
main : Once upon a time in africa. (it's a OST)
huscarl : vikings huscarl theme from the game Pirates-vikings-knights-II (PVKII).
EDIT: it's me or each time i click on the link the video begin at 1min ?

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#10 Post by judah4 »

Do you have an IP address for the server yet? I may play every once in a while

jeje3030
Traveler

#11 Post by jeje3030 »

There is my IP (my computer). But I think it's not a good idea. I'm making the map. And when the map is finished I will put the server on a dedicated machine..(I've the money to pay the server for 1 year like I said in the first post). But you don't need the ip adress. The game is modified like you have one "join server" button which download the current ip and connect the game to it.
Edit: before opening the server to the public(the map must be finished of course) I will need players to build Tk village (morlin hall, pinwood, pen_gamead for example....) and to help me making quest and to find bugs..
EDIT: the map (without moutain i will make them with voxel sniper in-game) is finished, i accidently deleted it ! So i made another but this one is not as good than the one i deleted.....
picture : MAP(remember, the mountains will be added in game)
the old map i deleted...( when i say deleted, i just click on the wrong tool and completly messed up the map...)
Other_map_not_aviable..

jeje3030
Traveler

#12 Post by jeje3030 »

I made 55 default skins(about 18 for each species(9 male skins, 9 female skins)) that you can choose if you don't have a custom TK minecraft skin. (thanks to my little brother for humans and basitins skins, thanks to customNPCs, because I edited and converted a lot of skins which was originally for this mod).
Today I was creating the forums boards and categories, and deleting test messages but I don't know why something is broken, I think it is server side(I mean it's not my code which is buggy ! :keith: ), with the HTTP_REFERER server global variable... I will fix that tomorrow (for me it's night atm) and then edit this post to put the link of the website. (by the way I will post on other forums because I need players and architects, and then I will buy the dedicated server, I don't want to buy it if I haven't any players..)

jeje3030
Traveler

#13 Post by jeje3030 »

Felix Mage wrote:I could help with administration, either of the Minecraft server or the forum, or of course both.
I have some experience, being Administrator for about 2 years on various Minecraft servers until about 3/4 year back, I also am moderator on one forum, but I can use administration in phpBB and I can learn administrating it even in different types of forum.
Thank you! I will contact you when the server will be hosted.

If anyone knows some guys who want to play just tell them about the server and tell me too. because if i have enough players :
I will begin to work on the next update: the AWESOME UPDATE that contains : (don't worry the server will be hosted before i begin that)
New 3D-rendered blocks ! (a lot)
News mobs and vehicle (few)
New items and 3d items ! (a lot)
Improved gui ! (a lot)
And much more.. (maybe an improvement to customNPC interface and new skill and reputation system !)
As you can see i'm busy !

jeje3030
Traveler

#14 Post by jeje3030 »

Sorry, I was very sick and then I had computer problems... like always I don't have much luck. So it's my first high school day soon, I will continue the server though but keep in mind that I can't work on it all days of the week. Now I'm coding a cinematic system. Then I will add a lot of items, mobs and blocks.
About the in-game cinematic system : it's very hard to make, because I don't know how to use lwjgl (used by the game) to play video. I looked for good video playing libraries, but they were too hard to implement in minecraft. So I chose to use a external software made by me in c++ with Qt which will do that.