Bioshock Inifnite

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Bioshock Inifnite

#16 Post by SirSlaughter »

Dammit, I caved. I picked up a physical copy and redeemed the code on steam. (Why the hell is the PC version 3 disks, can I install and play it offline?)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#17 Post by Insomniac »

As for me, I caved and watched the ending before the rest of it. Ho. Ly. Spit. My mind, it is blown, and yet I was able to wrap my mind around the timey-wimey stuff like a professional Whovian.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

asdfqwer
Traveler

#18 Post by asdfqwer »

Columbia is pretty cool in the beginning. Reminded me of the Celestial City from Pilgrim's Progress.
Spoiler!
1980's
Columbia was the polar opposite and unnerving as hell. Too bad the combat is a bit generic. Though some of the combinations are pretty amusing to do like upgraded Bronco+Crows+RPG destroys all your enemies and your FPS for a few seconds.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#19 Post by Sable Dove »

Good game. Nowhere near as good as the first two though. The plasmids vapors feel kinda limited, and you don't really have the same feeling of ownership with your weapons.
The story was decent, up to the very end, where the character is made to do something nonsensical and stupid and I don't particularly like when I'm forced to be an idiot to serve the story, and especially when the ending doesn't make much sense.

Would have preferred if they had made it more like the first two; the city is fallen, and already full of mutants/monsters/automatons. As it is, you spend 95% of the game just fighting the dumbest people on above Earth.

It's a decent game; just not a very good successor to the first two games. I don't feel like it really deserves the title of Bioshock.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#20 Post by Schrodinger »

Sable Dove wrote:Good game. Nowhere near as good as the first two though. The plasmids vapors feel kinda limited, and you don't really have the same feeling of ownership with your weapons.
The story was decent, up to the very end, where the character is made to do something nonsensical and stupid and I don't particularly like when I'm forced to be an idiot to serve the story, and especially when the ending doesn't make much sense.

Would have preferred if they had made it more like the first two; the city is fallen, and already full of mutants/monsters/automatons. As it is, you spend 95% of the game just fighting the dumbest people on above Earth.

It's a decent game; just not a very good successor to the first two games. I don't feel like it really deserves the title of Bioshock.
And according to the ending, none of it ever happened.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

bond84
Stick Animator

#21 Post by bond84 »

Sable Dove wrote:Quite the quote.
Yet you think the second one does...?
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#22 Post by Sable Dove »

Schrodinger wrote:
Sable Dove wrote:Good game. Nowhere near as good as the first two though. The plasmids vapors feel kinda limited, and you don't really have the same feeling of ownership with your weapons.

And according to the ending, none of it ever happened.
No, according to the ending, it happened an infinite number of times. It also didn't happen an infinite amount of times. They didn't really think the ending through; they don't seem to grasp the concept that the ending is based around.
bond84 wrote:Yet you think the second one does...?
Yeah. It's not as good as the first, but it's still a great, atmospheric experience, with a great story. Infinite doesn't have nearly as good an atmosphere (airs a little thin up there, I guess), and the story isn't quite thought through. That, and the game plays like a generic shooter, with generic enemies, and generic weapons. Infinite is nowhere near as good as 1 and 2.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Zylver
Grand Templar

#23 Post by Zylver »

OH MY F*CKING WOW!!!!! :shock:

I just finished the game! :D It was generally good, with the weapons and vigors, and the utopian city crumbling into waste, it was all well set... during the game I found the quantum physic part a bit dull, but in the end it all came out clear and... and shocking!

The end... well... my friend told me that it will something you'd never except but... this went so far that I must say this story was a masterpiece! Well done, creators :grin:

Schrodinger wrote:And according to the ending, none of it ever happened.
Does this count as a spoiler, doesn't it? :?

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

HV-FSAPDS
Master

#24 Post by HV-FSAPDS »

So what are your favorite weapons and vigors in the game?

Me, I prefer the M1 Carbine & the Rolsten Reciprocating Repeating rifle as they are accurate, controllable and ammo-efficient, not to mention having a really good stopping power. And my favorite Vigor is Murder of Crows + Crow trap aid (they keep walking into them!), the combination is very useful in a lot of ways; what is worse than having a bunch of crows pecking your eyes out then having your head blown clean off by the same guy who sent the crows?

Awesome game, worth every single Yuan. The story, despite the many implausible paradoxes and cheesy sequences, is still quite decent for a video game.

Ragnarok

#25 Post by Ragnarok »

A fantastic game, a much better effort than the second. Just finished 1999 mode without using the Dollar Bill machines: God Lady Comstock was hard! I found upgrading shock jockey and sniping with the seriously OP Carbine worked pretty well for most enemies :flora:
I thought the story was brilliant, the ending blew my mind! Love the way everything was connected and some of the Easter eggs were amazing.
I found a few easier ways of dealing with Handymen, which made life a bit easier. Those guys were serious ammo sinks, and you just don't have the bullets to kill 'em!

Tygron
Notakitty!

#26 Post by Tygron »

Loved the game all the way up to the last real bit of gameplay. I. HATE. TOWER. DEFENSE.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P