Monster Hunter 3Ultimate

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Serizawa
Merchant
Location: The land of eternal summer,coconut milk and frequent festivals celebration

Monster Hunter 3Ultimate

#1 Post by Serizawa »

HUNTER SOUL !!!!!!!!! :potatoes: here lies a Gunner
Got this last week the 3DS edition, (miss the main theme on the character selection screen)
a little disappoint on the Multiplayer lagging/DC when playing with friends with same console
And the when 3d scale max................still acceptable (drop in pixels but the background depth shows)
But the hunt still continue right?
Reached guild/village HR after 34 hour/today
Feel free Comment/Rant/ask(?)/chat about this game~
Quote of the mood:I post a rough concept 1st,please dont quote me within 10min of the post time

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Monster Hunter 3Ultimate

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

I got it when it came out but I have such a huge backlog of games that I am struggling at HR3 in the village right now. But that's because I am still with the stuff you first start out with. No upgrades, no nothing. I never even had potions until I was like "Hey I kinda need these".

So At least my skills as a hunter remain. But I tried to take out the Rathian for the tavern quests. I was so damned close. But I got poisoned at the last second and couldn't finish the fight, felling me for a 3rd time. I had literally JUST cut off her tail and she was limping away. All this with the first Long sword you get.

But I am realy happy with the game (Even if I find a few of the monsters a bit too easy) But that's what the guild quests are for.

Oh and I love the fact you can now have 2 companions when playing alone. For someone like me that never had anyone to play with the fact that I can now have 2 little buddies with me is awesome. Although I will say if you pick up the 3DS version you may want to have a 3DS XL. The tiny screen isn't made for this game on teh regular 3DS.

Serizawa
Merchant
Location: The land of eternal summer,coconut milk and frequent festivals celebration

#3 Post by Serizawa »

Looks like only you and me play the game.(sad)

Yes having 2 target make my hunting easier, I gotta agree on the easy part here ,I soloed brachydios with a upgraded low rank barroth amour with rank appropiate hapurubokka gun, he got less hp than other same rank monster(?) but most of the time he will 2hit combo you /3hit combo you to death at rage mode you will roll/run ALOT.I took more time to kill with SA though gotta try HH/SNS afterwards.And Jinouga or Battery-kun AI changed abit but still as easy as MHP3rd captured 12min with Aoshira HBG.

I donno if the bullets are more potent underwater i kinda see normal 3 jumps ALOT on lagarius belly and priece hit the same hitzone more compared on land. And Bounce bomb are soo much fun underwater (GO MISSILE) so yeah still keep my interest intact.

3DS XL? i thinking of buying that console but i dont have any problem pinpoint monster part on my current 3ds,how does bigger screen affect gameplay/graphic quality<-----I dont really care about graphic only gameplay/experience
Im consider Wii u though, online play seems nice to me NO MORE SOLO GRINDING on weekdays, gotta wait for more games there.
Quote of the mood:I post a rough concept 1st,please dont quote me within 10min of the post time

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by SirSlaughter »

I didn't say the graphics were better, I said it was better to use on a 3ds because you can see the tny assed text. That and after playing monster hunter on a PSP for so long (It has a nice big screen) then going to the 3ds, I fin myself wanting that bigger screen.

I managed to do a few more slaying quests for the guild and finally decided to get some new armor. HR 4 asnd I was still with stock armor and weapons. (a few of those items are impossible to find dangit). But hopefully I can get n the full swing of things soon and get some nice Rathian armor when I do a few guild quests against her. This time I will be ready. Last time I wasn't...at all.

Serizawa
Merchant

#5 Post by Serizawa »

Thats why I put a slash there,sorry(the commercial,More inches,more definition *brand name here*)

So I just finished most village quest,Now clearing most tavern quest, cant get the determination to unlock HR6 alone,I know i may not the best hunter out there,but among my friends,im the one giving orders,what to bring,which timing to para, etc...For the 1st time i feel ''forever alone'' playing this game.(weekdays)

About the monster so far,I just cant seems to kill black diablos efficiently.My best attempt is Hunting horn,but it take 3times longer than usual monster,3times less dead when gunning.I cant imagine how will G rank torture me.

Current gunner set
Jhen full set+jhen HBG
+10 factory charm
+3 recoil gem

May I ask which gender is your character?

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by SirSlaughter »

Male. I'm not one of those guys who chooses female for all their games, I like being a dude.

But i managed to slay the Rathian! With a stock longsword! (I really hate looking for some of these items to upgrade these weapons). Sadly I didn't get nearly enough items from her ot start on some rathian armor, and I still need parts from other large monsters to set it up. I can make the helmet, but that's it. I want to wait until I have enough materials to make most if not the entire set.

Serizawa
Merchant

#7 Post by Serizawa »

I reached G rank 7star :flora: nya~

Now farming a new set of blademaster armor to continue my HH/SA/LS/SnS/ play.

I tried LBG ,with limit removed
Its light, It have lower shot delay,and the usage of all bullet in one pack keep my party safe,
but we take 8 min more to kill Stygian Zingore,

Most bowgun selection is nerfed now,most have higher recoil/reload, deviation.
Cant seem to find an 'all round' bowgun either in elemental or raw
And the need to farm several set to balance the nerf.
SirSlaughter wrote:Male. I'm not one of those guys who chooses female for all their games, I like being a dude.
You sir, a true man.I chooses female because the Zinorge G rank amour,I slightly regret it since im a gunner.