The new Xbox.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Zylver
Grand Templar

Re: The new Xbox.

#166 Post by Zylver »

Best. Summary. Ever. :D

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Yash
Administrator

#167 Post by Yash »

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Turns out Microsoft isn't ENTIRELY stupid. I think they may have burned too many bridges at this point, however.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#168 Post by Insomniac »

Another win for the internet.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#169 Post by Tygron »

Now make the Kinect not manditory. I won't be able to use it in my setup, being hooked up to my computer monitor. Let me throw it in the box and forget about it.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#170 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Yash wrote:http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Turns out Microsoft isn't ENTIRELY stupid. I think they may have burned too many bridges at this point, however.
Yeah, the damage is pretty much done, and with their shoddy performance and Sony's witty counter-attacks at E3; the xbox will probably lose the Console race for now. But at least they are willing to listen to their customers on crucial points. I am still sticking with my plan for a PS4 and a Gaming Computer.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#171 Post by Tygron »

There's a point that was brought up that many games will require an internet connection anyway. But these games I assume are multiplayer based and it should be obvious you need to be online to play them. But i'm worried about the Xbone having the power to run the games without the cloud in the first place.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#172 Post by Sage Asuka »

Image Image Image Image

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#173 Post by SirSlaughter »

I am too late to post it. I took this pic at work the moment we got the news:
Sorry for large image

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#174 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Aw. And this thread was ending so nicely.

Not to say that this isn't better than what we had before. Still, someone should serve Microsoft an obligatory slap for causing this silliness in the first place, even after changing everything back. I hope PS4 puts a major dent in their consumerbase before stuff straightens out to the way it was before again... if or when that happens at all.

#YouDeserveIt #XBox180 #PS4

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#175 Post by Schrodinger »

As if I'd believe anything that scuzzy mouthpiece has to say. Oh, and what's stopping Microsoft from reimplementing all this DRM [censored] later down the line?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#176 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Schrodinger wrote:
As if I'd believe anything that scuzzy mouthpiece has to say. Oh, and what's stopping Microsoft from reimplementing all this DRM [censored] later down the line?
For a moment I couldn't tell if this guy was from Microsoft or the Publisher of SimCity (EA, was it?).

Yes Schrodinger, they could just put it back in, but after having changed it ONCE, changing it back AGAIN will lead them to wrestle with EA for the top of the list. The list of most despised companies in the world, that is.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#177 Post by Sage Asuka »

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/1250 ... -must-read
Annnnd the system went back to being a complete waste ._.
I pity the guy for the work he put into this but they need to understand we're not just being whiny gamers who don't want change. We can't just 'come around to it' when our real problem is not having reliable internet providers or needing to leave the country to a place that may either lack internet or support.

Also, the family plan WAS appealing when they said you could virtually share a game with someone. Just lost all appeal now. Why would you want to share a demo of the game? You can pull up a game demo without a sharing plan...
Image Image Image Image

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#178 Post by Sable Dove »

Did they really, honestly name these things "POS"? Do they not know what that means?

Also, the 'family sharing' bit is a joke. I do actually remember when most games simply... you know, had a demo. You didn't have to have someone in your 'family' who owned the game and let you try it. If they honestly think that this is going to boost sales, why wouldn't they just have a demo? Oh, right, because developers don't like demos, because most of the time, demos discourage sales.

And as much as I despise 'social networking,' I really don't understand why it can't be done now. I'm pretty sure I can have a facebook/twitter/whatever account and not have my computer connected to the internet constantly.

Here's the thing though: being able to share demos with 10 people, and being able to access social networking (which the PS3 can already do, mind you, as it has its own - however clunky - web browser) do not require the heaps of DRM proposed, nor do they justify them. The cloud? Use it when it's available, and make the console do the work when it's not. Pretty much every feature they've now removed is basically Microsoft throwing a tantrum; "if we can't have what we want, you can't either."

None of these require Kinect, or always-on DRM, or checking home once a day, or restrictions on used games. Either this employee is a liar, or is completely delusional. It's not anyone's fault for miscommunication; it's Microsoft's fault for ripping out unrelated features just because gamers won't let them ram their mandatory DRM down our throats.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#179 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Sable Dove wrote:Did they really, honestly name these things "POS"? Do they not know what that means?

Also, the 'family sharing' bit is a joke. I do actually remember when most games simply... you know, had a demo. You didn't have to have someone in your 'family' who owned the game and let you try it. If they honestly think that this is going to boost sales, why wouldn't they just have a demo? Oh, right, because developers don't like demos, because most of the time, demos discourage sales.

And as much as I despise 'social networking,' I really don't understand why it can't be done now. I'm pretty sure I can have a facebook/twitter/whatever account and not have my computer connected to the internet constantly.

Here's the thing though: being able to share demos with 10 people, and being able to access social networking (which the PS3 can already do, mind you, as it has its own - however clunky - web browser) do not require the heaps of DRM proposed, nor do they justify them. The cloud? Use it when it's available, and make the console do the work when it's not. Pretty much every feature they've now removed is basically Microsoft throwing a tantrum; "if we can't have what we want, you can't either."

None of these require Kinect, or always-on DRM, or checking home once a day, or restrictions on used games. Either this employee is a liar, or is completely delusional. It's not anyone's fault for miscommunication; it's Microsoft's fault for ripping out unrelated features just because gamers won't let them ram their mandatory DRM down our throats.
Sharing demos with ten people in your family? Surely you mean for them to play at the same time, and not taking turns... because the latter is already possible with this generation's consoles... though will it be with xBox One? The way it looked, probably not. (NO TRADING)

Again, you hit the nail on the head: Why should be be weighing up the new restrictions with the somewhat-unrelated drawbacks MS is imposing? Always-on is a requirement for features, NOT the whole console.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#180 Post by Insomniac »

Sable, you do realize that POS does actually stand for Point Of Sale, right? I mean, even I'VE had enough work to know that.

Anyway though, on the subject of demos reducing sales...There's an OBVIOUS solution to that. Just release demos of the game after it comes out, using snippets from the final game and not an unfinished product. That way, people that don't know if they want it can try it, and the quality of it WON'T misrepresent the actual game, because it'll be FROM the actual game.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.