For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

The new Xbox.

#1 Post by SirSlaughter »

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/hardware/5 ... connected/

So just click the link there and read.

I myself am not excited about this at all. *mandatory kinect sensor* *always online* *always on*. from what I could read there it turned into a DRM haters worst nightmare. It's still too early for me to really tell and i won't be buying ANY net gen consoles this time around. I might pick up a PS3 just because they are getting dirt cheap and all my favorite games from the Ps2 are in HD collections now (Jak & Dater, Sly cooper, Ratchet & Clank).

But I mean really, why is the online thing SO [censored] IMPORTANT!? Even PC games have this insane issue with always on DRM! DIABLO? STARCRAFT? SIM CITY (someone released a way to disable online play meaning you can play offline now no problem)!? DARK SOULS (port) HALF OF MY GAME LIBRARY!

It's just friggin retarded. So with that out of the way, what I AM excited for is...oh [censored] I got nothing. Ok wait, if console games get a push in GPU capabilities and such then game designers will make games for higher end systems. Meaning that my Stupidly Overkill PC will finally have a challenge worth tackling. (truth be told it needs a GPU upgrade anyway, skyrim with the mods and Farcry 3 give it a tough time sometimes).

But alright that is all I am really looking forward too with the new consoles. Better looking games with more emotion showing. Such as this:
http://blogs.nvidia.com/2013/03/a-demo- ... -its-time/

If games can incorporate something like this into their games then think of how much better mass effects story could have been told with the emotion of the characters. Now THAT would have been [censored] awesome.

Anyway, please people discuss.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

Re: The new Xbox.

#2 Post by Ravenous222 »

Microsoft
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#3 Post by judah4 »

Eh, I don't understand the always on why it it absolutely manditory for the the Kinect.

at least with dark souls, you can play offline if you want to and online actually has meaning with the invading worlds.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Wow. I might just side with all the PC-gaming crazies and accept it as my god. Everything else is descending into stupidity.

(Well, I guess PC games can be dumb too, as Sim City shows us (;_;))

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Zylver
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Zylver »

Myperson54 wrote:Wow. I might just side with all the PC-gaming crazies and accept it as my god. Everything else is descending into stupidity.

Unless, the game publishers decide to put "always online connection" to every [censored] single player mode, then the PC gaming will die out as well :? Or we will stuck to good old games where single player didn't need Internet connection :D

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#6 Post by LuckyMudman »

Zylver wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:Wow. I might just side with all the PC-gaming crazies and accept it as my god. Everything else is descending into stupidity.

Unless, the game publishers decide to put "always online connection" to every [censored] single player mode, then the PC gaming will die out as well :? Or we will stuck to good old games where single player didn't need Internet connection :D
Or, they will achieve the complete opposite, everyone will start pirating games so they could play offline.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#7 Post by tony1695 »

Let's hope they can find a way to make sure that this doesn't suffer the same problems as the recent Sim City has...
If anything, this sounds like Steam. You're always online (essentially), you can't refund or trade in games. The only difference is a lack of DRM, just whatever the hell it is that Steam (SteamID, I think?) uses to validate. If they can essentially make Steam on a console, then I don't have too many issues.
But, it may be too early to tell. So, let's hold our horses, be patient and keep the vitriol for someone who deserves it. Like EA.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by SirSlaughter »

I never figured microsoft as "evil" Just stupid with their decisions. But if they do indeed pull off an always on thing then I might be changing my mind. That and always being online IS a form of DRM so the xbox is indeed pulling that off.

All this could be avoided by something simple as: DO NOT REQUIRE ANYTHING OTHER THAN POWER AND A CONTROLLER TO WORK THE CONSOLE.

Mandatory kinect. Nicey done [censored]. It's nice that all xbox consoles will now come with it but why mandatory?
Always online and you can't refund games. Thanks alot douchebags, there goes my job if this hits in full swing (but it won't because the current consoles will still sell like mad and PS4 uses disks).

Zylver
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Zylver »

LuckyMudman wrote:
Zylver wrote:

Or, they will achieve the complete opposite, everyone will start pirating games so they could play offline.

Yeah, that one works quite good with MMORPGs like World Of WarCraft, because we know there is a lot of private servers out there, some of them for fun, and some are very much Blizzard server like...
But I dont think that games that could be easily played offline (like Diablo 3) will achieve that kind of private server backup, because there will be too many online single player games, and you just can't pirate them all. This is why this online connection well played, but this could even backfire to the publishers and the programmers alike.

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by SirSlaughter »

Zylver wrote:
LuckyMudman wrote:
Zylver wrote:

Yeah, that one works quite good with MMORPGs like World Of WarCraft, because we know there is a lot of private servers out there, some of them for fun, and some are very much Blizzard server like...
But I dont think that games that could be easily played offline (like Diablo 3) will achieve that kind of private server backup, because there will be too many online single player games, and you just can't pirate them all. This is why this online connection well played, but this could even backfire to the publishers and the programmers alike.
MMORPG...those aren't made to be offline ever. People buy them for the purpose of playng online. We speak for the singleplayer only games such as diablo (which you mentioned). And yes, we CAN pirate them all. In the end all a game is made of is code and files. Alter the code, change/add/remove certain files. This is why PC works out so well. If you pull an EA well guess what, [censored] you. I WILL get my game, I WILL Play this game, I WILL pirate this game, and I WILL NOT give you any money for being such an incompetent [censored].

Now of course some will be harder to do this to than others but in the end it IS possible. There is ALWAYS a solution. Even if that solution is burning anything with the logo of EA on it.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#11 Post by tony1695 »

SirSlaughter wrote:Mandatory kinect. Nicey done [censored]. It's nice that all xbox consoles will now come with it but why mandatory?
That's just really [censored] wording. They should have said 'built-in' or 'bonus' instead of 'mandatory'.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by SirSlaughter »

tony1695 wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:Mandatory kinect. Nicey done [censored]. It's nice that all xbox consoles will now come with it but why mandatory?
That's just really [censored] wording. They should have said 'built-in' or 'bonus' instead of 'mandatory'.
Well they did say that it was "required" in order for the console to operate. Either way Microsoft has boned themselves hard. It looks like the PS4 is gonna win this generation. And I was so looking forward to the new generation of gaming.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#13 Post by Ravenous222 »

SirSlaughter wrote:
tony1695 wrote:
Well they did say that it was "required" in order for the console to operate. Either way Microsoft has boned themselves hard. It looks like the PS4 is gonna win this generation. And I was so looking forward to the new generation of gaming.
All the more reason for me to move to PC gaming I suppose.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#14 Post by anonfox123 »

SirSlaughter wrote:
tony1695 wrote:
Well, sure, it might be required, but I really don't thing they would be so stupid as to sell the kinect units separately. Probably, hopefully, they will come in the same box. And if they are that stupid and don't include it... I use Steam anyway.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Akira110
Literary Artist

#15 Post by Akira110 »

SirSlaughter wrote:
tony1695 wrote:
Little late to the party here, but I like how the WiiU was completely ignored... now who was it that sold the most consoles in the 7th generation of gaming. No... I don't think it was Sony, I don't think it was Microsoft. Wait... who else is part of the gaming scene... oh right. It was Nintendo, and the wii is still selling, despite the fact that the WiiU is out. Also in the seventh generation the PS3 is in dead last. If Sony repeats their mistake, history will repeat itself.

At any rate, I don't like Kinect. It doesn't work, it never has worked, and even when it DOES work, it BARELY works. Kinect is a piece of garbage and should've never been created without extensive beta testing(You can TELL the blasted thing was barely even tested). If Microsoft goes with this strategy, they will fade out of the 8th generation of consoles.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.