The new Xbox.

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: The new Xbox.

#211 Post by Akira110 »

Sable Dove wrote:There is a very good solution to used games that benefits everyone. Just make games that are good. Games that people don't want to trade in.

Or, don't be so greedy with digital retail. You know how you can reduce the impacts of used games? Charge less for digital copies; especially when the distribution service is owned by you. There's no retailer in the middle of the chain, so why does a digital copy cost the same, or more, than a physical copy? If you make it more convenient - and potentially cheaper - to buy new, then suddenly used games aren't such a big deal.
Sable, some people, like myself trade in games for cash because we don't have enough money to get something that we need. Sure the latest copy of Starcraft II is great, but if given the choice between a game and dinner on the table, I'd pick dinner any day.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#212 Post by SirSlaughter »

Akira110 wrote:
Sable Dove wrote:There is a very good solution to used games that benefits everyone. Just make games that are good. Games that people don't want to trade in.

Or, don't be so greedy with digital retail. You know how you can reduce the impacts of used games? Charge less for digital copies; especially when the distribution service is owned by you. There's no retailer in the middle of the chain, so why does a digital copy cost the same, or more, than a physical copy? If you make it more convenient - and potentially cheaper - to buy new, then suddenly used games aren't such a big deal.
Sable, some people, like myself trade in games for cash because we don't have enough money to get something that we need. Sure the latest copy of Starcraft II is great, but if given the choice between a game and dinner on the table, I'd pick dinner any day.
Or you could just not buy games at all and have maximum Monetary allowance to go towards your essential needs. This will benefit you the greatest.
Also, I am slightly failing to see the correlation between what you just said and what Sable was trying to say. I could possibly just be stupid, but I think I agree with Sable on this one. I woud like to play good games.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#213 Post by Akira110 »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Akira110 wrote:

Or you could just not buy games at all and have maximum Monetary allowance to go towards your essential needs. This will benefit you the greatest.
Also, I am slightly failing to see the correlation between what you just said and what Sable was trying to say. I could possibly just be stupid, but I think I agree with Sable on this one. I woud like to play good games.
Yes, I agree that good games should be made, this means weeding out the idiots that look at the term Call of Duty or Madden on the box and buying literally the same game they bought last year with a fresh coat of paint. I mean I'm a Mario fan, the last Mario game I EVER bought was Mario Kart 64 for the virtual console.

But, that won't stop people from trading in games to get money for them, or for credit to get other good games.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#214 Post by SirSlaughter »

Akira110 wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote:
Akira110 wrote:

Yes, I agree that good games should be made, this means weeding out the idiots that look at the term Call of Duty or Madden on the box and buying literally the same game they bought last year with a fresh coat of paint. I mean I'm a Mario fan, the last Mario game I EVER bought was Mario Kart 64 for the virtual console.

But, that won't stop people from trading in games to get money for them, or for credit to get other good games.
Ok I see your point, But he wasn't saying that no one would ever trade a game ever again, he was saying that the worry of them being such a large impact would not be so large anymore. If you think about it, you would be much more reluctant to trade in your copy or super smash brothers than Crysis 3 or Dead space 3. That reluctance is gonna keep a lot of people from trading those in and keeping mass amounts of used games off the shelves.