Divergence Online (Currently in Dev.)

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

Divergence Online (Currently in Dev.)

#1 Post by Ravenous222 »

Ok, so I came across this game currently in development today. This game looks like it could be something I've been waiting for for years now, and I think if/when it gets finished, it could be the next big mmorpg. The game's called Divergence, and it's a sci fi hardcore survival sandbox mmorpg. (say that 5 times fast.) It's been in the works for a LONG time now, the reason it's taken so long is because A: Only one man has done nearly EVERYTHING on the project, while having to get his own income making games for other folks and going through other hardships. and B: Because he has no money to hire a professional team to help him finish it fast enough. I know heart when I see it, and this guy has put his heart and soul into creating this game! If you want to learn more about the project, I'm linking his youtube videos along with his indegogo page, please check it out and if you like what you see, spread the word!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/339276/x/2584799#_=_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... rpmoQnEDfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFJ8FxJFnw
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Re: Divergence Online (Currently in Dev.)

#2 Post by judah4 »

Man, this looks good for one guy :grin: Very ambitious and I hope he pulls it off. I was reading some of the details on the indiegogo page and it really intrigues me like with the full physics world and combat. From what it looks like, he has a very efficient physics system with possibly a lot of tricks to make it run so smoothly. I'm going to try donating soon :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing Ravenous

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#3 Post by Ravenous222 »

Ethan just released a dev blog so if anyone is interested in how the game is coming along you can follow it here. http://divergence-online.blogspot.com/

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Hot damn this game is looking sexy. Do they say if it'll be free or paid?

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#5 Post by Ravenous222 »

Myperson54 wrote:Hot damn this game is looking sexy. Do they say if it'll be free or paid?
I'm nearly positive it will be buy to play, the same system guild wars uses, but don't quote me on it.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#6 Post by anonfox123 »

If we get enough people from these forums on it once it come out... We could have a town? Call it Lyn'knoll? :P

Who knows? The world does seem to be designed with endless possibilities!
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#7 Post by Ravenous222 »

anonfox123 wrote:If we get enough people from these forums on it once it come out... We could have a town? Call it Lyn'knoll? :P

Who knows? The world does seem to be designed with endless possibilities!
I'm sure we could, it's designed for maximum player freedom after all. Ethan says in his blog that we can name it pretty much whatever we want as long as it isn't copyrighted or blatently offensive. So if tom's ok with us using the name I'm sure it would be all good. We'd just have to elect a mayor and defend it against other players. :)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#8 Post by Insomniac »

I freaking want this game to happen as much as I want Star Citizen to happen. I want to rob a few banks and dump money on the people behind these games. Seriously.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#9 Post by Ravenous222 »

Insomniac wrote:I freaking want this game to happen as much as I want Star Citizen to happen. I want to rob a few banks and dump money on the people behind these games. Seriously.
You and me both man! if we get enough people to just get the beta access we could help this man make his dream and an AMAZING game! Hell, whenever a celebrity tweets something, it gets shared thousands of times over, we just have to find a good way to get the word out. :grin:

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#10 Post by anonfox123 »

Ravenous222 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:I freaking want this game to happen as much as I want Star Citizen to happen. I want to rob a few banks and dump money on the people behind these games. Seriously.
You and me both man! if we get enough people to just get the beta access we could help this man make his dream and an AMAZING game! Hell, whenever a celebrity tweets something, it gets shared thousands of times over, we just have to find a good way to get the word out. :grin:
Maybe we could try and get it noticed by Roosterteeth? A link to it from their podcast or something could be a godsend for this guy.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#11 Post by Ravenous222 »

anonfox123 wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:
Maybe we could try and get it noticed by Roosterteeth? A link to it from their podcast or something could be a godsend for this guy.
If anyone knows someone semi famous in the gaming industry tell em! lol I sent tom's brother a msg over youtube, as well as tons others, but due to the amount of spam messages I can imagine people get it was probably overlooked. :/ I really wanna help Ethan out though, the guy's worked too hard on it to see it fall.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#12 Post by Insomniac »

Ravenous222 wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:
If anyone knows someone semi famous in the gaming industry tell em! lol I sent tom's brother a msg over youtube, as well as tons others, but due to the amount of spam messages I can imagine people get it was probably overlooked. :/ I really wanna help Ethan out though, the guy's worked too hard on it to see it fall.
This is a good plan. This game, and Star Citizen, are gonna be, like...the [censored] future of SciFi MMO gaming. UGH I wish I had money to throw at these people! Hm...ANGRY JOE!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#13 Post by Ravenous222 »

Insomniac wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:
This is a good plan. This game, and Star Citizen, are gonna be, like...the [censored] future of SciFi MMO gaming. UGH I wish I had money to throw at these people! Hm...ANGRY JOE!
I don't like joe but if it gets these folks publicity i'm game for it. and I know how you feel, once I get 10 extra bucks i'm getting the beta access though, thats the cost of two starbucks, hardly anything for something awesome.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#14 Post by Insomniac »

Ravenous222 wrote:.
I went ahead and sent Joe a PM on the TGWTG forums. He did a video for Star Citizen, so I don't see him not doing a video for this game. He can be a little intense, but I agree with him more than I disagree and I like his reviews.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#15 Post by Ravenous222 »

Insomniac wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:.
I went ahead and sent Joe a PM on the TGWTG forums. He did a video for Star Citizen, so I don't see him not doing a video for this game. He can be a little intense, but I agree with him more than I disagree and I like his reviews.
Any kind of publicity would surely help out. :grin: But I'll tell you what, if I had the cash, those vindicators/vellators look freaking SIIIIIIICK!