Divergence Online (Currently in Dev.)

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Re: Divergence Online (Currently in Dev.)

#16 Post by judah4 »

Okay, I dropped 21 dollars to get the land grab event :P Whenever it starts getting close to the launch date, we should make a plan to group together to form a proper town early.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#17 Post by Ravenous222 »

judah4 wrote:Okay, I dropped 21 dollars to get the land grab event :P Whenever it starts getting close to the launch date, we should make a plan to group together to form a proper town early.
We'll have plenty of time before the official launch to get familiar with it. I think there will be around 5 or so beta cycles before the official release. also he just got to his 5k goal, and according to his indegogo he says he will release a new video showing off all the races and factions.

EDIT: I also forgot, there's a subreddit for the project if anyone is interested. http://www.reddit.com/r/DivergenceOnline/
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#18 Post by Insomniac »

Any of you gais gonna be recording play sessions? Because this is [censored] I have to see in action.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#19 Post by Ravenous222 »

Insomniac wrote:Any of you gais gonna be recording play sessions? Because this is [censored] I have to see in action.
I might, I should be getting a gaming computer in the next couple months so we'll see. Ethan should post more and more videos as the donation bar gets higher, and as the project continues getting finished. Since the project is still in pre alpha, he's 50/50 with giving out information about the game. not sure EXACTLY what his motives are, but hell I just want to see the game finished. :grin:

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#20 Post by Lief »

This looks pretty nice. If I had ten bucks I'd toss it in.

Drawing from your town idea, Judah, it'd be awesome if a bunch of us could pool funds and buy an island.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#21 Post by Ravenous222 »

Lief wrote:This looks pretty nice. If I had ten bucks I'd toss it in.

Drawing from your town idea, Judah, it'd be awesome if a bunch of us could pool funds and buy an island.
or we could all band together and take one by force >:D

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#22 Post by Insomniac »

Ravenous222 wrote:

I kinda like this idea. Makes me really hope I somehow get a gaming capable laptop and some money to throw around by the time it's time to do it.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#23 Post by Ravenous222 »

Insomniac wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:

I kinda like this idea. Makes me really hope I somehow get a gaming capable laptop and some money to throw around by the time it's time to do it.
If I'm correct I believe the game runs on the C4 engine, so you wouldn't need anything less than a computer with geforce 6 or ATI Radeon HD 2x00. Which aren't TOO expensive as far as gaming computers or graphics cards go.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#24 Post by Insomniac »

Ravenous222 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:

If I'm correct I believe the game runs on the C4 engine, so you wouldn't need anything less than a computer with geforce 6 or ATI Radeon HD 2x00. Which aren't TOO expensive as far as gaming computers or graphics cards go.
Okay, convert that from 'over Somni's head' to 'words a guy who's working knowledge of computers ends at turn it on and use it can understand and is limited to laptops due to not havingthe space for a desktop'.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#25 Post by Ravenous222 »

Insomniac wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:

Okay, convert that from 'over Somni's head' to 'words a guy who's working knowledge of computers ends at turn it on and use it can understand and is limited to laptops due to not havingthe space for a desktop'.
You'd probably be looking for a higher end asus gaming laptop to a lower end alienware. I'm not the BIGGEST computer know it all, not by a longshot. Someone on the forums would know better haha.

EDIT: Dev blog update: Ethan's got the forums live and running! head over to the dev blog for the link and the latest news. :)

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#26 Post by judah4 »

All I see are your posts on there :P That site needs more members

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#27 Post by Ravenous222 »

judah4 wrote:All I see are your posts on there :P That site needs more members
he just put it up a couple hours ago lol, I'm sure it will grow in time, but don't expect the population to be nearly as big as the TK forums. :P Plus the game in general deserves more publicity.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by minime »

I should beable to give him $100 for a Vindicator or verrator in a couple weeks. :flora:

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#29 Post by Ravenous222 »

So small update. If you haven't checked out the new forums, you really should. TONS of new information, as well as the fact that as a brand new community, we're literally helping shape the game. Of course we don't have a HUGE impact, but Ethan and the other new devs are actively listening to suggestions and topics of interest for divergence. Oh yeah, i'm also now a Moderator of the divergence forums, so if you guys DO have any questions, feel free to ask me. Hope to see you there! Thanks for all the support!

EDIT: Also, Ethan recently did an interview where he addresses more about the game and it's features. here's the link , enjoy! http://raidwarning.com/an-interview-wit ... an-casner/

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#30 Post by Ravenous222 »