Command & Conquer

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

Command & Conquer

#1 Post by Nazarov »

The next C&C game will be free to play. First it will be a Generals 2 game but later they'll add Red Alert and Tiberium univerese too.
Personally I'm a very big c&c fan so I am looking forward for it. When I was a child I played a lot with Red Alert 1 it was my first RTS and in that time my first PC was too weak for Red Alert 2 :D

But it's EA. I hope they won't be too greedy and ruin it with pay to win. Of course for paying costumers need some advantage for example faster leveling which is ok but I hope there will be a good balance for other advantages.

You can sign up for beta here: http://www.commandandconquer.com/

Some HD screenshots:
pic1
pic2
pic3

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Command & Conquer

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

Nazarov wrote:The next C&C game will be free to play. First it will be a Generals 2 game but later they'll add Red Alert and Tiberium univerese too.
Personally I'm a very big c&c fan so I am looking forward for it. When I was a child I played a lot with Red Alert 1 it was my first RTS and in that time my first PC was too weak for Red Alert 2 :D

But it's EA. I hope they won't be too greedy and ruin it with pay to win. Of course for paying costumers need some advantage for example faster leveling which is ok but I hope there will be a good balance for other advantages.

You can sign up for beta here: http://www.commandandconquer.com/

Some HD screenshots:
pic1
pic2
pic3

Oh look, another childhood franchise ruined and never to recover.

May I remind you of the last red alerts AND tiberium twilight? I mean hoo [censored] rah! The online play is solid and easy to work with, but at what cost? I played tiberium twilight after playing kanes wrath hoping to continue the story of my childhood concerning what tiberium will do to the world. Then I played the actual game. The actors are lame (except for kane because he is a Baus) they used current military uniforms to make it all COD/battlefield and I mean the lady actor that was supposed ot be your wife was bad. I mean I was heaving at how bad the actors were.

Then I played the first level. WORST COD-I MEAN C&C GAME IN HISTORY! I mean I wanted to crack a few skulls so badly at how bad this [censored] was. Now we have this!? And this time I can't get it on something OTHER THAN ORIGIN! No, just [censored] no. Who the [censored] thought it was a good idea to mix Michael Bay with my C&C!? Who's Idea was this, I want his head on a pike! I want a damned Visceroid let loose upon their HQ and watch it burn!

I loved tiberian sun and firestorm the most, I loved red alert 2, I loved Westwood. I loved the way they made the game feel. They were hard to do but I was able to get it done. I miss them so bad, but look at it now. I so badly want this to be a good game. I mean this truly, but I know it won't.

TL;DR: NO EA SUCKS AND THEY MAKE GAMES SUCK WORSE.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

Red Alert 3 really had one thing and one thing only going for it. Complete and utter ridiculosity. I mean, come on, the entirety of the Empire of the Rising Sun's forces is built on being as animesque as possible! You have soldiers with beam katanas, transforming mechs, miniature Gundams... And there was the huge [censored] robot thing from the campaign. I mean, seriously, that thing demolishes Soviets.
And the actors. Oh god it was glorious watching Takei and Curry ham it up. And Ackerman's stance on illegal immigration...

Firstly, though, I'm a little confused. Are they basically upgrading the graphics for the games that are currently out?
Secondly, I can't see how you can implement a levelling system in a game like this with the exception of it being completely aesthetic and/or to make sure that high-ranked players don't keep curb-stomping the newbies.
Thirdly, it looks beautiful. One things EA can do is make a game that looks magnificent.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Nazarov »

Yeah I agree with you SirSlaughter. I like the Tiberium universe story it's very interesting but in c&c4 it was bad and ridiculous. They left the story open with a lot of unanswered questions, but I enjoyed the multiplayer. I also liked c&c3 and Kane's wrath campaign.
As for Red Alert 3 I agree with you Tony it's a funny game.
The best c&c games are RA2,Tiberian Sun and Generals. I think CABAL is one of the most epic and badass evil character in games just like Yuri, and CABAL's sound is also epic I love it! The vicious bloodthirsty sound of an evil AI. :)

Sometimes I still play with old C&Cs. I found a cool mod for Yuri's revenge: C&C:Reloaded. It mixes the Tiberian Sun Universe with the Red alert 2 Universe in the same game so you can play with Nod against Yuri and so on. In this mod you can also play RA2,YR and Tiberian sun campaign. So far only NOD campaign available and without videos.
tony1695 wrote: Firstly, though, I'm a little confused. Are they basically upgrading the graphics for the games that are currently out?
Secondly, I can't see how you can implement a levelling system in a game like this with the exception of it being completely aesthetic and/or to make sure that high-ranked players don't keep curb-stomping the newbies.
Thirdly, it looks beautiful. One things EA can do is make a game that looks magnificent.
It's engine is frostbite 2. I hope my HD4850 can run it. The BF3 has 25-30 average fps on my PC. Resolution:1680x1050 with medium graphical settings without filters like anti-aliasing.
As for the leveling I'm just guessing but I think leveling is a basic feature for online f2p games. I think there will be units, upgrades and other stuffs which you can unlock on x levels.

Edit: Cool trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jZEInQZA0c

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by SirSlaughter »

If and only if, I try out the game and they make it feel at least like Tiberian wars and Kanes wrath, will I even think about wanting to own it. And even then, I would have to find a way to bypass that damned Origin software...or pirate it. I mean, it's EA. I won't feel bad. But one thing that annoys me, every single game they have now is running the frostbite 2 engine. Everything! The first frostbite engine worked better. And the only thing I like the FB2 engine for is the graphics. The Physics and such were better in BC2. So the first frostbite engine was better.

deathwatch
Council Member

#6 Post by deathwatch »

C&C4 Killed any and all chance of me loving future games. Usless EA. I will write out it's tombstone in Comic Sans.

Amazing Mr. X
Templar

#7 Post by Amazing Mr. X »

deathwatch wrote:C&C4 Killed any and all chance of me loving future games. Usless EA. I will write out it's tombstone in Comic Sans.
Truly that is a fate worse than death. Comic Sans, the destroyer of worlds.

Though I do have to say: If we were to just put aside the existence of Origin, the fact that C&C4 exists, and all of the things EA has done wrong with this franchise over the years. Just compare the art style of those screenshots in the OP to any screenshot of Generals or Zero Hour. Do they feel like the same ballpark? Or even the same universe? To me, they look like an odd conglomeration of RA3 grounded in some of the core principles behind the units of C&C3.

This is just my opinion, but I always believed the thing that made Generals so great was the near future setup it had created. That's really the only draw to it, being as the story is mostly non-existent in that game, so really it only works for people that want C&C gameplay in a nice modern-ish setting. So if you take away the art design, the near-realism, and the setting altogether: What does that leave you? C&C gameplay? Faction Names? The title "Generals"?

I have to respect them somewhat for deciding to ditch the "Generals" name on this one, as that was really not a good choice to start with, but turning it into a Free To Play game doesn't endear them to me. I think that, at a really basic level, this game just doesn't look like the sort of game fans of the series want. Regardless of what came before and what that implies about this new one, this feels like a Sim City-esque cash-grab just waiting to come out of the oven.

At this point though, I really hope I'm wrong. I just want to see a good C&C game come out of EA for a change.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#8 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Wait wait, are they trying Generals 2 again? It does look promising, but after their last attempt at a nostalgic game of mine (Sim City) I don't have my hopes up very high. This coming from me, a person who's quite easy to please.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Nazarov »

Blue Phoenix
Citizen

#10 Post by Blue Phoenix »

My friend was one of the lucky ones who got into the alpha testing for C&C. So far he says the economy/macro portion of the game is changed only by the introduction of a second supply type, oil. Other than that, it's pretty much the same style of gameplay as Zero hour with a few adjustments to accommodate for better casting of abilities and general powers. Also interested to see what other new features they added; can't wait for beta.
To be purified by the flame yet still rise from the ashes. This is the trial by fire.

Life at its best is bittersweet.

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Nazarov »

Blue Phoenix wrote:it's pretty much the same style of gameplay as Zero hour
Sounds good! :)
Thanks for sharing.

NothingIsSure
Master

#12 Post by NothingIsSure »

It looks really good. Waiting for release :D !

[But any new C&C won't be better than old C&C:Red Alert]
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

RioluNation

#13 Post by RioluNation »

Yes! I too love Command & Conquer! I love it so much that I have the anniversary edition. :D
Psst! Hey! You there! Yeah you! Join the Housepets! forums: Housepets forums

Follow me on twitter: @Lucarionation.
Follow my role playing twitter: Fox the Lucario.
Like my Facebook Page: Spartan Lucario.
follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation's tumblr

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Nazarov »

Damn! EA has been canceled C&C. (;_;)
"We are not making the game you want to play." Yeah because probably players don't want a pay to win game.

Ahh I'd like to play with a new C&C and it even looked promising but looks like I wont for a while. Well thanks EA!

RioluNation

#15 Post by RioluNation »

Nazarov wrote:Damn! EA has been canceled C&C. (;_;)
"We are not making the game you want to play." Yeah because probably players don't want a pay to win game.

Ahh I'd like to play with a new C&C and it even looked promising but looks like I wont for a while. Well thanks EA!
Wow...C&C need to step up their game! I was really hoping for a campaign (and a multiplayer). *sigh* looks like a new C&C game won't come out until the next few years. -.-
Psst! Hey! You there! Yeah you! Join the Housepets! forums: Housepets forums

Follow me on twitter: @Lucarionation.
Follow my role playing twitter: Fox the Lucario.
Like my Facebook Page: Spartan Lucario.
follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation's tumblr